Do I absolutely HAVE to do the cleanse?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Do I absolutely HAVE to do the cleanse?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  whyitsme 8 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dizzy1
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Here’s the story. I’m 100% sure I have a candida overgrowth. Every doctor agrees that something is wrong but they can’t tell me what and they all seem to think candidiasis is some made-up scam illness. But oh well. I know I need to do the diet. My question is…do I really have to do a cleanse? Like with a colon cleanse or detox drink. I’m dangerously underweight as it is and I’m already terrified about losing more weight on the diet due to the lack of carbs. But I know a detox would have me wasting away. I can’t afford to lose much more weight.
    So do I have to do that step? Are there any alternatives?
    And does anyone have any tips on how to stick to this diet without losing weight? Are there good carbs that I can have on this diet? Any help would be much appreciated.

JLT
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 15

I understand your concerns but I really feel the cleanse is a great start to really give those little buggers the shock they deserve so they can die. I would stick with option #3 though. Thats what I did.

Evurr
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 20

you don’t have to do anything. Try it without and see how you get on. You can always restart if it doesn’t work. What have you got to lose? A few more weeks feeling like you do now.

I dunno, maybe that is too hard and you want to fix it asap. I just think it is easy to be too hard on yourself and make it too hard to succeed when maybe you can go a little easier on yourself.

dizzy1
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Just an update. I’m about 3 weeks in. I’ve done no ‘cleanse’ or anything like that. Just on a strict diet recommended in stage 1. And while I think I’m going insane since I quit coffee and cigarettes at the same time, I think the diet is making a difference already. All of my bizarre symptoms that I attributed to candida are subsiding little by little.

I probably didn’t go about this the right way but it sure seems to be working. And the best part is that I’ve only lost 2 pounds which is much better than I expected. It’s probably because I force-feed myself every hour and a half and put olive oil on everything but hey whatever works. I figure I’ll just stick with this stage of the diet a few weeks longer than recommended just to be safe since I didn’t do a cleanse.

4evryoung
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

I too am 3 wks in and chose not to do a cleanse. I feel great but am aware that what I’ve been eating will not sustain and exercise program.

I’m doing this in conjunction with the need to lose 50 lbs. I have found the options acceptable and filling and my cravings have all but disappeared. although I haven’t been counting calories in those 3 wks I’ve lost 13 lbs.

This week I’m going to bump up my calorie intake so I don’t have fatigue.

Make sure your eating enough. Brown rice with coconut oil, cinnamon and stevia has been a life saver. I also have used non-fat greek yogurt with Organic vanilla extract, Flax Seed, chopped walnuts and stevia. very satisfying.

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

I just jumped into the diet with fungicides for the first 5 weeks. I don’t think cleanse is necessary, since by following the diet strictly, you are still cleansing the body. I did a liquid cleanse a couple years ago, and would never do it again. Think if you just eat healthy natural food, your body still cleanses itself from all the toxins.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Do I absolutely HAVE to do the cleanse?’ is closed to new replies.