do all people who take antibiotics get candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions do all people who take antibiotics get candida?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

helpme
    Topics: 45
    Replies: 72

how come some people don’t have a problem with taking antibiotics? just a thought

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I suppose you could just say ‘it depends’. Everybody’s biochemistry is unique and there are a lot of factors that could influence a candida overgrowth. Maybe some of these?

– What was the condition of the gut flora prior to treatment?
    – How well was digestion functioning prior to treatment (any constipation, leaky gut, stomach acid deficiency)?
    – Was there any undiagnosed dysbiosis or candida overgrowth?
    – What was the condition of the immune system and the liver?
    – Was a healthy diet maintained before, during or after treatment?
    – Was stress a factor before, during or after treatment?
    – Any other illnesses, viruses etc?
    – How broad spectrum was the antibiotic?
    – What dosage was taken and for how long?
    – Were probiotics taken during or after treatment?

There are probably plenty more. I guess you could say lifestyle would be one of the most important things. If the antibiotic was strong enough or taken for long enough without probiotics and a strict diet, then I think it’s almost inevitable to end up with candida or dysbiosis of some kind.

helpme

Ok I took tetralysal for about 6 months. I was completely fine when I took it, but when I came off it about a month ago I started getting environmental allergies such as a dog allergy. Never really became allergic to foods.
    I did the spit test and it came out positive so that freaked me out, but I never really had any of the other symptoms. Is the diet a good idea anyway? Never had any die off and I’ve been on the diet for 2 and a half weeks now.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d say that its a pretty safe bet that the antibiotics caused a flora imbalance in your gut that caused all of your symptoms. Dr. Mcoomb’s has discussed this many times and feels that its the single greatest factor in everyone’s candida overgrowth.

-raster

helpme

Still wondering though, why do the majority of people who have taken antibiotics not have a candida overgrowth? I know many people who have taken them, some long term, but have never had problems.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

helpme wrote: Still wondering though, why do the majority of people who have taken antibiotics not have a candida overgrowth? I know many people who have taken them, some long term, but have never had problems.

If you’re eating a healthy diet with plenty of vegetables and nutrients and not overeating sugar and carbohydrates and your immune system is functioning properly, there’s no reason why antibiotics should give you a yeast infection or a Candida infestation. This only happens when the immune system is not functioning properly, or when a person is eating a very unhealthy diet. In other words, the environment has to be in a condition that is beneficial for yeast to change into its fungal form known as Candida albicans.

Able

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘do all people who take antibiotics get candida?’ is closed to new replies.