DIY Ideas?!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions DIY Ideas?!!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi All,

I’ve had a few “creative” brainwaves and just wanted to touch base to get some feedback to see if you guys think they’re in line with stage 1…

*Self roasted pumpkin seeds – the kiddies carved a pumpkin yesterday so I gathered the seeds, rinsed them and roasted them with a little coconut oil & Himalayan Salt. I understand the worry with seeds is the mold so is this ok?

* I spotted on another thread about soaking nuts like cashews to rid them of any mold? If I soaked for a few hours then roasted as above would this be ok? I’m dying for a salty tasty snack that would previously have been salted cashews or a back of potato crisps or popcorn.

* I baked 2 coconut bread recipes yesterday (the one with loads of flaxseed and the one with just the coconut flour & eggs etc). I undercooked them which didn’t help but i’m really not enjoying them. Is there a recipe with buckwheat & flax that leaves out the coconut flour maybe as I think this is the part I’m not enjoying.

* Wild fish – a neighbour of mine goes sea fishing and doesn’t eat fish (go figure?!). We’re on the Soutwest coast of Ireland which is know for being unpolluted and clear. He usually catches Mackeral, Pollock, Ling & Salmon. What do you think? Surely this is the real deal and fine to eat?

Your feedback and any other DIY ideas much appreciated!!

Lx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Lucy, your questions with answers are below.

Quote: *Self roasted pumpkin seeds – the kiddies carved a pumpkin yesterday so I gathered the seeds, rinsed them and roasted them with a little coconut oil & Himalayan Salt. I understand the worry with seeds is the mold so is this ok? I spotted on another thread about soaking nuts like cashews to rid them of any mold? If I soaked for a few hours then roasted as above would this be ok?”

Reply: Try the pumpkin seeds as you’ve described. With an item such as this, all you can do is test them; if you receive any type of reaction, discontinue them for at least 2 to 3 weeks. I would eat only a few as the first test, then after a few days of that amount and no reactions, you could add a few more. Keep them at a limited amount, as the more you eat the more chance you have of causing problems.

Quote: “I baked 2 coconut bread recipes yesterday (the one with loads of flaxseed and the one with just the coconut flour & eggs etc). I undercooked them which didn’t help but i’m really not enjoying them. Is there a recipe with buckwheat & flax that leaves out the coconut flour maybe as I think this is the part I’m not enjoying.”

Reply: You can add oat brand or rice brand flour, (Bob’s Organic Red Mill brand for both), or flax seeds or all three to the mixture and leave out the coconut flour completely if you want to.

Quote: “Wild fish – a neighbour of mine goes sea fishing and doesn’t eat fish (go figure?!). We’re on the Soutwest coast of Ireland which is know for being unpolluted and clear. He usually catches Mackeral, Pollock, Ling & Salmon. What do you think? Surely this is the real deal and fine to eat?”

Reply: I see no problem with having this ‘unpoluted’ fish a few times a week.

Able

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Thanks Able. You’re a star!

(By the way – when you say you eat sardines… do you mean fresh ones grilled like they have in Portugal… or tinned in either brine or sunflower oil? The latter is obviously far easier to find!)

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Either type of sardine can be tried. Look for freshness first of all.

You might try Vital Choice for your fish needs. All of their seafood is from sustainable wild fisheries and certified by the State of Alaska, Marine Stewardship Council, and independent organizations such as the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program, which advises all consumers to avoid farmed Salmon.
    http://www.vitalchoice.com/shop/pc/home.asp

Able

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘DIY Ideas?!!’ is closed to new replies.