Directions Please?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Directions Please?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  samuel50 6 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lady with babies
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello All, this is my first post on this website or any site like this. I need some direction and help please. I have recently been experiencing some pretty strange things and as far as I can tell, it seems to be candida. I’ve gone to several doctors this past week looking for assistance and relief with little success. I was initially told it was just food allergies and told to take benadryl…no help, then took prednisone, no success. Finally asked for diflucan and I’m now seeing strange things. I started the Candida Diet which has helped with the throat swelling, nostril swelling & headaches, but hasn’t eliminated them. I weighed 110 lbs 2 months ago and now weigh 94 lbs. I am fearful of the weightloss that continues. I’ve only been on the candida diet for 4 days. I have now been referred to an Infectious Diseases doctor. Please advise what I can do for relief. I’m afraid to eat because of symptoms flaring up, can’t consume the right number of calories per day due to limited foods on the diet. I feel as though I’m in a downward spiral with no way up. Any info or suggestions you can provide will be much appreciated.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

First,

What are your symptoms and why do you believe it’s Candida?

The diet is limited and most of us loose a little weight on it including myself so its important to plan out your meals and make food ahead of time.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

Avocados are high in fat so eat alot of them, eat often .i wish I could show u a way to not lose so much weight .

I am concerned about this also and I can afford to lose 10 pounds but don’t wanna b to skinny. I hope u can figure something out maybe also alot of buckwheat bread, or cocounut, chicken, and steak

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here are over 100 symptoms relating to candida:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6305_100-candida-symptoms-list.aspx

A naturopath can likely heal you faster than what we can provide on the forum, western medicine doesn’t go over things such as digestion and nutrition.

I’ve gained over 30 pounds on the diet because I am now getting the proper nutrition and the bugs aren’t sapping my energy.

-raster

Lady with babies
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Well, I would have to say what has made me consider that what I am experiencing may be Candida is mainly because of the fact that last week I noticed that randomly my throat and tongue had swollen. I went to the ENT and he stated that it was simply a delayed food allergy reaction and suggested that I may have Hashimoto Thyroid Disease. He indicated that the benadryl should help if I needed to take it – do so. This again happened (throat and tongue swelling up) I took benadryl and there was no change. I delt with it. A few days later, I felt it again and felt as though I couldnt breathe – (most likely panic was the worst part) and went to the ER. the ER physician contacted the ENT and they agreed – food allergies. I was given steroids. The steroids actually made it worse. A few weeks before this took place I had a random reaction to Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. I hadn’t had that before either. So, of course I googled everything… self diagnosing, panic… I have been losing weight steadily for the last 2 months. Thanksgiving – i weighed 110. Now as of yesterday – 94. I cannot remember the last time i said “I’m hungry” I only say – I need to eat because I know that I have to get food into my body in order to continue to function. Random things are causing me to have an allergic type reaction and yet the “allergy” doesn’t respond to standard treatment. I haven’t been able to sleep – which is driving my husband batty. I’ve noticed for a couple of months that anytime I eat something like a cookie that contains a good amount of sugar – I almost instantly get a headache and intense pressure in my head as though it is going to pop off. There have been subtle things that have been indicators in the past, but I just dismissed them. Now, with the reactions of “food allergy” and weight loss – I cannot continue to dismiss whatever is happening and need to resolve it. I just cant imagine what happened. My diet prior to this past week was primarily chicken breasts and organic food. I bought almost nothing other than USDA certified organic products and I have always consumed enough water. Another thing is – when i get upset or stressed – throat swells – i feel like a blow fish. It has now been confirmed that I do not have Hashimoto Thyroid Disease, and I have seen my primary physician – he didn’t know what to tell me. I insisted that he draw blood to determine the Candida but wont have results back for 3 days or so. In the meantime, I have an appointment with a TCM (Chinese Medicine) and an immunologist and my primary physician asked me to see the Infectious Disease doctor. I did advise the PCP of the other appointments and he said I should keep them.

Another thing that surprised me – was the fact that when I asked to have my blood drawn to test Candida – my PCP looked confused. The ladies in the lab – where the draw the blood, said they had never heard of that blood test and were surprised to have found it.

All I know is, I am not eating enough, I have been losing weight. I have random reactions for no known reason and I have had the post nasal drip – which i immediately coughed up. I begged by OBGYN to prescribe Diflucan and since I have been taking that – there have been changes – all over the place. Mainly feeling terrible.

I’m sorry to carry on as I have but I am just looking for assistance from others that are more knowledgeable regarding this subject. As I said before, any thoughts, opinions, tips, directions – would be greatly appreciated.

samuel50
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 26

Lady with babies;33011 wrote: Hello All, this is my first post on this website or any site like this. I need some direction and help please. I have recently been experiencing some pretty strange things and as far as I can tell, it seems to be candida. I’ve gone to several doctors this past week looking for assistance and relief with little success. I was initially told it was just food allergies and told to take benadryl…no help, then took prednisone, no success. Finally asked for diflucan and I’m now seeing strange things. I started the Candida Diet which has helped with the throat swelling, nostril swelling & headaches, but hasn’t eliminated them. I weighed 110 lbs 2 months ago and now weigh 94 lbs. I am fearful of the weightloss that continues. I’ve only been on the candida diet for 4 days. I have now been referred to an Infectious Diseases doctor. Please advise what I can do for relief. I’m afraid to eat because of symptoms flaring up, can’t consume the right number of calories per day due to limited foods on the diet. I feel as though I’m in a downward spiral with no way up. Any info or suggestions you can provide will be much appreciated.

These are some of the foods which you can eat Artichokes, Asparagus, Avocado, Beet greens, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery, Collard greens, Cucumber.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Directions Please?’ is closed to new replies.