Digestive Enzymes vs. Bitters for specific problem

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Digestive Enzymes vs. Bitters for specific problem

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

Hi, I am allergic to the ginger root in bitters, so I have not tried bitters as it’s in all brands. I have leaky gut and candida. And because of food allergies, cannot eat most veggies. I’m currently taking a probiotic and using that and oil of oregano (allergic to coconut, garlic, etc) so oregano is the only thing that I can take.

I purchased digestive enzymes today because since I’m not eating many raw veggies, i’m assuming I’m lacking in enzymes. But having read all of Able’s and Raster’s past posts, I see that these are not really ideal. I’m worried about stopping my own production of enzymes. In a previous post, I think it was Able who suggested, due to my allergies, that I attempt to cure the leaky gut first, and then worry about Candida. My thought was, if I take Digestive Enzymes for 30 days, perhaps my gut will heal, and then I can stop, and start on bitters and maybe not react. So far I continue to react to the same foods as before i started any treatment.

-Would probiotics and no/low sugar be enough to eventually cure leaky gut/candida?
    -If i don’t take enzymes for too long, will my body’s enzyme production eventually return to normal?
    -Would it be possible to put the bitters on my tounge, but then spit it out so as not to ingest ginger? I had sushi the other day (no rice), and i removed the ginger, but reacted even to the juice!

It is so hard because i cannot follow the traditional candida diet plan and don’t know what to do 🙁

Thank you for your advice!

mygutleaks
    Participant

oh I am also allergic to cinnamon (i see a link to one brand w/o ginger) but it has cinnamon.. pretty much all bitters i’ve found i can’t ingest.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you cannot have bitters, I would like to recommend a homeopathic remedy I take to cure leaky gut…as long as Able is OK with this idea (which I doubt). It’s called “digestive enzyme liquescence” and will normalize the production of digestive enzymes.

http://www.healthremedies.com/digestive_enzyme_liquescence_professional_health_products.html

http://www.covenanthealthproducts.com/Prof-Complementary-Health-Formulas–Digestive-Enzymes-Liquescence-4oz_p_10728.html

There are other “normal” non-homeopathic digestive enzyme products out there. One I take is called pro-gest digestive enzymes (which able also doesn’t recommend):

http://www.integrativeinc.com/Products/Products-by-Health-Concern/Digestion-and-Gastrointestinal/Optimal-Digestion-and-Absorption/71459-Pro-Gest.aspx

Another great way to get more digestive enzymes naturally is to chew your food more! Chew each bite 20-30 times before swallowing, and this will produce digestive enzymes as well. If you chew your food quickly, this could be part of the problem why it is never healing.

I wish you only luck! After about a month+ on any of these products, the leaky gut should improve enough for you to handle bitters or cinnamon.

Another alternative idea is to take the bitters anyways despite the allergic reaction if you can tough it out. It should only get better and hopefully within a few weeks you won’t react to it as badly.

Probiotics also work to heal leaky gut, but it takes a very long time!

Other effective supplements you can take to cure leaky gut:

Shark Liver Oil.
    Compressed Garlic
    Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM).
    Barley Grass powder
    Lactoferrin
    Anti-oxidants such as vitamins A, C, E and beta carotene.
    mineral supplements particularly selenium.
    Aloe Vera Juice or powdered leaf.
    Lactobacillus supplements.
    Bovine Colostrum.
    Glutamine.
    Olive Leaf Extract.
    Virgin Coconut oil

Foods with FOS also heals leaky gut:
    onions, chicory root, garlic, asparagus, jícama, oat bran, artichoke, and leeks

Bioflavanoids also help heal leaky gut!

Get some inulin (miracle fiber) at the health food store and add it to your coconut bread and almost anything you eat (like yogurt)…inulin heals leaky gut.

-Raster

mygutleaks
    Participant

Thank you Raster. I am going to try Pro Gest first. And chew my food better, my wife always yells at me for that :PT1

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

If you’re going to take Pro-Gest enzymes, you may find it beneficial to read the message I just posted titled “A Hidden Problem.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Digestive Enzymes vs. Bitters for specific problem’ is closed to new replies.