Digestive Bitters

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Digestive Bitters

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

We’ve recently seen the forum’s first case of Candida type reactions occurring due to Digestive Grape Bitters. This post is to let you know that there are other types of bitters available without the alcohol or ethanol that the Grape Bitters often contain, Swedish Bitters for example, and Grape Bitters without alcohol can also be found. I also wanted to go over the reasons for using bitters again since they’re so important to health in general as well as to a Candida albicans infestation treatment. As stated, some Grape Bitters as well as Swedish Bitters are alcohol and ethanol free, just be sure to look for “glycerin” based instead of alcohol or ethanol.

Bitters should be in a liquid form and are normally sold at health food or vitamin stores. The dosage suggested on the bottle is not necessary because the bitters work simply by nerve stimulation by coming into contact with the bitter receptors (vagus nerves) on the back of the tongue which then releases the needed enzymes. This process presents a cleansing effect on the liver so it is important to drink plenty of water throughout the day to prevent a strong detox reaction.
    Bitters increase the flow of digestive juices which helps resolve any disturbances in the digestive process characterized by flatulence or wind, heartburn and bloating.

Normal digestive secretions help keep bacterial growth in the gut in check.
    Grape Bitters generally improve the micro-environment of the digestive system from the stomach to the large intestine.
    Bile flow is increased reducing the incidence of gallbladder disease and improving the self-cleansing action of the liver.

Bitters have a wide range of applications in liver disease. Blood sugar levels are managed through the regulation of the secretion of insulin and glucagon from the pancreas. This can help in the management of hypoglycemia and late-onset diabetes. Grape Bitters also stimulate the repair of the gut wall lining or mucosa, so bitters can be used to treat peptic ulcers and other inflammatory or erosive conditions. In addition, they are the perfect supplement for support of a healthy liver. They’re especially beneficial when taken after a heavy meal.

Bitters stimulate peristalsis which is the muscular action of the stomach and intestines when food is eaten. This action is useful in cases of chronic constipation and sluggish bowels.

Why not take regular and specific enzyme supplements?
    Most of the enzyme supplements on the market today add cellulase and/or hemicellulase to their ingredients. These two enzymes change other enzymes in vegetables into sugar once they’re in the digestive tract, therefore producing food for Candida, and this will only make your Candida worse or at the very least prevent a cure. Try to look for both cellulase and hemicellulase as ingredients in any supplement and avoid both.
    On the other hand, bitters do not contain these two enzymes, or any other enzyme. The bitters provide your body with the tools it needs to produce its own enzymes naturally in the amount and types that are needed.

Dosage:
    Since the principle of bitters is to stimulate the bitter receptors on the tongue, you only need to taste the bitterness of the herbs in order for them to perform; therefore 1/2 of a dropper full or 1/2 of a teaspoon dropped onto the tongue after a meal will be enough to do the job, regardless of what the label may say. No matter what you read from here on out, you will not need to purchase additional enzymes as long as you use the bitters. Remember that you’ll need to take them before or immediately following a meal – followed by plenty of water.

Amazon and the Vitamin Shoppe both carry the Swedish bitters online.
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=FL-1026

Able

Ranger
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 23

I found Swedish Bitters at Whole Foods but it did list alcohol in the ingredients.
    I looked online and I found two alcohol free bitters.

Swedish Bitters Alcohol Free Formula 250ml liquid by Flora Inc

Gaia Herbs Daily Bitters Alcohol free

I would like to know which one might be better?

I have been buying the Oreganol P73. I think it is a good product, but it is expensive. I found of couple of oregano oils that are cheaper.

Oil of Oregano Alcohol Free By Nature’s Answer

Vitacost Oregano Oil – Alcohol Free

Could these products be as effective as the Oreganol?

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

What about cellulOSE? Is that ok as apposed to cellulASE

Able900
    Spectator

timmyb wrote: What about cellulOSE? Is that ok as apposed to cellulASE

Cellulose and cellulase are not the same.
    Cellulose is a structural component of the cell wall in green plants.
    Cellulase is an enzyme which is produced by different fungi, protozoan, bacteria, and even termites.

Able

monita
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Guys. I’ve just noticed that my Digestive Grape Bitters has 20% grain alcohol. I’m sure it didn’t mention that in the ingredients on the site I bought it from. Do you think i can I still use it or do I need to buy an alcohol free version?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Swedish bitters are an alcohol free kind that has the same effect.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator

This is the only kind that most people have used; in fact, I used it throughout my treatment period and subsequent cure. There are bitters which can be purchased which do not contain alcohol, they include both grape bitters and Swedish bitters.

Did you read the instructions on the site as far as how much to take?

Able

monita
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

I did read your dosage instructions yes. The only thing is that my brand did not come with a dropper. I have been assuming that half a teaspoon would probably be equivelant to half a dropper so have had that amount after my main meal for the past few days.

Thanks.

Able900
    Spectator

monita wrote: I did read your dosage instructions yes. The only thing is that my brand did not come with a dropper. I have been assuming that half a teaspoon would probably be equivelant to half a dropper so have had that amount after my main meal for the past few days.

Half a teaspoon is about right, good guess.

Sash
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 7

They sell alcohol free ginger bitters at my local health store.. Gentian, Ginger and Cardamon are combined with other powerful herbs. Would you reccomened this one?

Able900
    Spectator

Bumping.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Bumping post!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Digestive Bitters’ is closed to new replies.