Digestion problems & update

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Digestion problems & update

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  TheXtremisT 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

Hi all, I’m about 3.5 months into the diet, generally feeling waay better.
    Most of my symptoms disappeared early, except for digestion related.
    Followed Raster’s advice, got Betaine HCl (5 times, 1 per meal) and Swedish bitters (only 1 tsp twice a day). Digestion improved ~ 50%.
    Eventually by August I introduced greek yoghurt (3.8g sugar/100g). Slowly increasing it to about 1 small pot everyday.
    Also started coconut bread (just regular ingr + coconut flour, with coconut milk from Blue Dragon, plus coconut oil + stevia, cinnamon…).
    I eat the yoghurt at ~ 9.30 then the bread ~10.00. I chew well, have the swedish bitters after the bread, with HCl before each.

Since introducing these I’ve had more (smelly)gas, especially around mid-late evening. Not as bad as June/July before the digestive aids above.
    But, started oil of oregano (3 x 6 drops a day), upping slowly since late aug. Just started a couple capsules SF722.

Lately the gas has increased even more, and is uncomfortable. I do know the coconut bread is causing part of the problem, as when I have 2 portions a day, the next day I suffer from gas almost all afternoon/evening.
    Now this could be also caused by the increased portion of greek yoghurt (too much?), and initially the antifungals (but I have had barely any die-off, which would produce minimal gas).

So basically I know my digestion is poor.
    But the first time I was aware of this, the supplements helped me. I’m still on these today, but I’m thinking my leaky gut is so bad I can’t deal with too much of the yoghurt or even the coconut bread.

However, the first time I had poor digestion I had my acne come back, heartburn often, really bad bloating, really bad gas, frequent burping and now I only have mild gas but the others not at all. I am also only having 2bms per 3 days so sluggish digestion/transit time.
    The first time, I was having no yoghurt though.

So my symptoms have all improved except the gas. Also the antifungals seems to be doing nothing. So am I right in guessing my Candida is under control, but my digestion needs improving?

What do you suggest? I can make my own Kefir to eliminate Lactose. But I need more to eat other than the coconut bread if I’m to give it up.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Digestion problems & update’ is closed to new replies.