Digestion of veggies?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Digestion of veggies?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Leolly
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hi!

I am just wondering if someone could help me out.. i have really bad digestion and I seem to do really badly with raw vegetables which give me lots of gassiness and bloating.. I decided to switch to cooking all my foods thoroughly, mostly steaming my vegetables and using lots of herbs and spices, but now I’m finding that because of the lack of enzymes in cooked food and their ability to repel enzymes and water in the digestive tract that I am still suffering.. Instead of getting gas though, my food just sits in my stomach forever and it is becoming worse and worse everyday and building up.. I have tried taking lemon in water 15 minutes before meals, betaine HCL, digestive bitters, taking several ginger and peppermint teas throughout the day, eating fermented vegetables with meals, doing exercises for better digestion, digestive enzymes, but nothing at all seems to work and it continues to get worse.. it appears i have a complete lack of my own enzymes and acids and I’m trying very hard to figure out what i can do

I read somewhere that when you have to eat cooked food due to digestive problems.. it is good to add gelatin such as in home made broth to foods, as it has the ability to draw enzymes in the digestive tract, while cooked food usually repels them.. so I have just started making my own bone broth to help with this

I also am really wanting to add some form of raw vegetables to my diet so I can get the enzymes i need. Juicing is probably the best way, but i was wondering if it is ok for me to blend my veggies too? They will still contain the fiber.. so i am worried it would be difficult to digest even if blended? I would test it.. but i don’t have a blender and don’t really want to waste my money if it’s not going to be of any benefit..

Also.. does anyone know if something like a juice fast (not a long one) would be a benefit to my condition? At the moment I don’t feel like I’m absorbing many nutrients at all.. so would a juice fast be beneficial for me? Would it help rest and repair my digestion? And are there any other ways that anyone knows of for me to get more enzymes?

Thanks a lot!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This may be the reason behind all of your troubles:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1222_Chew-your-food-longer–Simple-tip-to-improve-your-health.aspx

How well are you chewing your food?

-raster

Leolly
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hey thanks for your reply! I do try to chew my foods quite a lot, I’ve been trying to focus very closely on my eating and correcting my eating habits, it doesn’t seem to help much though.. even when i eat completely pureed soup it sits in my stomach! : it doesn’t seem so much like i have a problem with digesting food at the moment though.. my food just doesn’t want to move down! if that makes sense lol

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It takes a long time to reverse years of digestive problems from my experience so I wouldn’t be too concerned unless it doesn’t improve.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Digestion of veggies?’ is closed to new replies.