Digestion and Depression

Home The Candida Forum Candida Research Digestion and Depression

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  spider 6 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

We’ve recommended Trimethylglycine in the form of either TMG or Betaine Hydrochloride on the forum for digestive problems many times in the past, and it’s now part of our protocol’s daily regimen. But there are a few other reasons to add a form of Trimethylglycine to your supplement list.

SAM-e (S-adenosyl-methionine), pronounced “Sammy” is a methyl donor whose specific function is to increase the action of several neurotransmitters by facilitating the binding of these to cell receptors. Examples of neurotransmitters are dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine.

As you probably gathered from the information above, SAM-e is a natural antidepressant, in fact, one research study states that the efficacy of SAM-e in treating depressive syndromes and disorders is comparable to that of standard prescription antidepressants, but it’s also a natural substance for humans and not a manmade chemical. According to another study, SAM-e was shown to be the safest and most effective natural antidepressant ever used.

Trimethylglycine is capable of increasing the production of SAM-e, therefore it can be used for depression in place of SAM-e. In addition, it also helps the liver to ward off the effects of alcohol to the body when it motivates SAM-e production. I don’t know if you are aware or not, but ethanol is one of the toxins produced by Candida albicans which causes such havoc in the body – an example is brain fog which is caused by both the aldehyde and ethanol toxins.

SAM-e is produced naturally in the body, but deficiencies often occur due to certain conditions such as an illness. But as I’ve already stated, Trimethylglycine is capable of stimulating the production of SAMe in the body.
    Of course you can also purchase pure SAM-e as a supplement, and it may be faster acting in the case of depression, but my understanding
    is that it’s much more expensive than either Betaine Hydrochloride or TMG.

In a nut shell, it looks like Trimethylglycine has multiple uses in a good Candida protocol.

Able

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

So is trimetylglycine available as a supplement or do you have to go online and search for it. I am curious about this. We have Sam-E at the Co-op but it never really worked for me. Of course, I wasn’t on the diet either.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Kag;37287 wrote: So is trimetylglycine available as a supplement or do you have to go online and search for it. I am curious about this. We have Sam-E at the Co-op but it never really worked for me. Of course, I wasn’t on the diet either.

Look for products called TMG or Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin. Both of these are actually trimetylglycine. In fact, the letters TMG stands for TriMetylGlycine.

Able

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

What’s the connection between TMG and Betain HCL with Pepsin?

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Thanks Able, I will!

MariaD
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I was looking a cheaper replacement for Sam-E. My doctor recommended betaine. I searched google and found many sites offering them in either capsule or tablet form.

I found this website, http://www.tmg4life.com. They offer organic betaine made in the USA. I started taking it since January. My energy level is up, i don’t feel depressed anymore, and my skin feel so much better.

spider
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9

http://www.amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-TMG-Tablets-Pack/dp/B001F0R6H4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1369451550&sr=8-2&keywords=tmg

Is the above product a good choice for TMG? Jarrow usually has good products, and I would also like to try a cheaper alternative to Sam E. This seems pretty cheap.

I never really felt all that different taking Sam E, although the protocols recommendation of using ashwagandha has definitely helped me a little in terms of balancing mood/emotions etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Digestion and Depression’ is closed to new replies.