diflucan/candida parapsiliosis

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions diflucan/candida parapsiliosis

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

chocoholic
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 17

I didn’t complete the cleanse and strict diet but am following a less strict diet with probiotics and antifungals (separated as per Able’s posts). I have completed my 6 weeks of nystatin…over 3 weeks grapefruit seed I am supposed to start diflucan but wonder if I can continue my diet (trying to follow it more strictly) and put off diflucan. If so…what alternative suggestions can I suggest when I see the Dr and are there any tests I should request from him to help guide this?If I have a strain of candida that is not albicans (I have parapsiliosis) is my treatment different?
    When taking diflucan should I ask Dr how to monitor my liver?
    Also next week is a little lighter for me and I hoped to try some 1/2 day cleanses that I thought might help even though it is late.
    I do have the molybdenum which I think should be taken with diflucan?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

chocoholic wrote: I didn’t complete the cleanse and strict diet but am following a less strict diet with probiotics and antifungals (separated as per Able’s posts). I have completed my 6 weeks of nystatin…over 3 weeks grapefruit seed I am supposed to start diflucan but wonder if I can continue my diet (trying to follow it more strictly) and put off diflucan. If so…what alternative suggestions can I suggest when I see the Dr and are there any tests I should request from him to help guide this?If I have a strain of candida that is not albicans (I have parapsiliosis) is my treatment different?
    When taking diflucan should I ask Dr how to monitor my liver?
    Also next week is a little lighter for me and I hoped to try some 1/2 day cleanses that I thought might help even though it is late.
    I do have the molybdenum which I think should be taken with diflucan?

Hi,
    No all candida parapsiliosis strains are susceptible to Fluconazole. The ideal thing is to get a sensitivity culture.
    Anyway, what I see more important is to continue with oral Nystatin (high doses) during the time you will be taking Diflucan. ( the correct Diflucan dose should be 200 mg a day or higher )
    The polyenes have shown good activity against candida parapsiliosis, specially AMP B.
    I am assuming your infection is in the intestines because oral Nystatin won’t act systemic, so the intestines is the only target.

My best advice is to take both drugs at the same time long term.

Jorge.

chocoholic

Thank you, I am going to take your post to my Dr…I hope he knows how to take a sensitivity culture. My problem is just in my gut…bloating/burping. Would you suggest other antifungals besides garlic&diflucan along with 2 nystatin pills morning and evening

dvjorge
    Participant

chocoholic wrote: Thank you, I am going to take your post to my Dr…I hope he knows how to take a sensitivity culture. My problem is just in my gut…bloating/burping. Would you suggest other antifungals besides garlic&diflucan along with 2 nystatin pills morning and evening

I don’t like Garlic together with Fluconazole. You can add SF-722 from Thorne Research.Take 5 capsules 4 times a day as the bottle instructs.
    The Nystatin 500 000 tablets should be as high to 3000 000 units a day ( 6 tablets ) The dose can be incremented until 6 or 8 millions a day if necessary.

This is the dosage pioneer researchers MDs used to treat this syndrome.

Jorge.

chocoholic

Thank you…I’m taking this to the dr….how should he be checking liver enzymes while I am on these meds?

dvjorge
    Participant

chocoholic wrote: Thank you…I’m taking this to the dr….how should he be checking liver enzymes while I am on these meds?

Yes, your Dr will decide if it is necessary to test your liver enzymes during the treatment. It is a blood test.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘diflucan/candida parapsiliosis’ is closed to new replies.