Different types of milks

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Different types of milks

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  David Archer 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

I am curious. I understand why we cant have milk because of the sugar that it contains, but unsweetened coconut milk doesnt. i am reading where that is still to be limited. WHY?

also I have also seen that powdered milks..in all forms doesnt contain sugar at all.
    So again..why is it we cant have milk?

i guess I missed the explanation on this and I havent read it anywhere in the forum.

thanks for any explanation as to why… & I am NOT lactose intolerant BTW…

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I believe that lactose is a milk sugar. We’re avoiding sugar on the diet, therefore avoiding lactose would also be a good idea. If you can find an organic milk low in lactose, that might be OK in moderation. I actually use organic cow’s milk to make kefir yoghurt and haven’t noticed any reaction to it, although I think the fermentation period allows the bacteria to consume all the sugar present in the milk, though I could be wrong on this.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

If I’m not mistaken, coconut milk is just coconut meat diluted mainly with h2o….sometimes other things as well and has low sugars.

Powder milk does have lactose…

Nonfat Dry Milk…..36% dv
    Dry Whole Milk……26.5% dv
    Dry Buttermilk……34% dv

Doggiemama

Thanks flailingWcandi and M. hhhmmm..interesting on the powdered milk.
    i was actually looking at buttermilk powder when this thought hit me. not that i like buttermilk but i just happened over it. i really love milk and was hoping for a miracle..LOL if anyone finds a milk that we CAN drink..i would love to know.. I DO know we can have unsweetened coconut milk and i am ok with that…but thanks for answering my questions…

Kamilion
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 15

I have found unsweetened almond milk to be a great substitute for milk. I find it tastes pretty good, and it is available pretty cheap at costco, grocery stores and health food stores here in Canada, I’m not so sure about the States.

Doggiemama

I was looking for powdered milks.

I have bought Almond milk. it was horrible to me. i use coconut milk (unsweetened)though.

helixs54
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 17

Milk is very important for our body immunity.But we can’t take it sometimes due to different problem.So have substitute.This post help me to find out it.Thanks for sharing.

stellawr
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Nestle makes a poweder milk that they advertise as “fat-free” – it’s also Lactose free. Tastes amazing.

LizBell
    Topics: 5

I’m confused about keffir made with milk (in the diet’s earlyish stages) – is the milk ok then bec it’s been fermented?
    Also, i’ve been making my own almond milk. You could make it with this too?

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Almonds can contain high amounts of mold, so you might not want to make almond milk until you’re further into treatment.

Kefir is fine because the bacteria consume the majority of the lactose, plus the bacteria really benefit you by repopulating good gut flora.

LizBell

Hey thanks. Is it ok to make keffir with milk early on (like 2-3 weeks in), or should you try it with water first?

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I think there actually might be more sugar in water kefir than milk, because you feed water kefir straight sugar. Milk kefir has more benefits.

LizBell

Hey thanks (I miss milky stuff) – i’ll have a crack 🙂

David Archer
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hey I may be wrong as it’s all new to me but we’ve found a milk called Oatly from Sweeden. It’s free from milk protien, lactose and Soya…and tastes great…our daughter now drinks it and there’s no reaction.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Different types of milks’ is closed to new replies.