Different perspectives on Candida Protocols

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Different perspectives on Candida Protocols

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Most of those tweek the carb sources you consume and incorporate more fruit into diet. I think everyone does need fruit at some time and for most this should be stage 2 or 3 of the diet (or after a few months of going strict). I’m not really certain what carb sources they discourage really other than potatoes and corn which are already discouraged on the diet, etc. They promote yogurt which I encourage everyone to try (goat’s yogurt is the best choice from my experience). The honey thing is the main difference and I haven’t messed around with it. I don’t really think its worth trying out and a great honey alternative is royal jelly which is fed to the queen ant and is anti-biofilm. I’m probably going to try that soon…

But the candida diet is not no sugar or no carb and one site mentions the term “systematic candida” which isn’t an accurate term to use. Systematic candida is very serious and you should be hospitalized fighting for your life if it does occur, which is quite rare. If anything they should replace it with the word “aggressive.”

I personally think that the protocols mentioned in my list are more worthwhile to explore:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm52184_Alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmen-raster-s-perspective.aspx#post52184

I think that carb and/or sugar balance protocol works with others to solve “dietary” or “nutritional” problems and not necessarily candida problems. I think many likely do feel better but I don’t think it means that they “cured candida.” The yeast is going to survive with whatever diet you choose because we need it to survive and we can’t completely eliminate it.

For many people, I think an individualized tailored plan to get better is what is the best way for them to reach their health goals and this typically requires the assistance of a professional to plan out and carry out. There is a full spectrum of diets like the colors of the rainbow, its just a matter of finding out what works. This involves experimenting and making minor changes over a long period of time.

-raster

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

Raster –
    All of your comments ring true…. I will study your Perspectives.

I have been preparing to do a Candida Protocol for about a year now and had gotten sidetracked with pain at first thought to be an ulcer and then Histamine Intolerance.

Lots more here for me to consider.

Thank you for all you have shared with me!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Also another thing to add in here…

Using that term systematic candida in my opinion is almost like a scare tactic or a way to scare people into trying their diet or plan, so thats definitely kinda fishy or strikes me as odd. I just don’t think that term is used properly on the internet.

There are a lot of healthy carbs out there that do and don’t work for some people such as rice, buckwheat, rutabega, pumpkin, etc. I’ve had a variety of people on this forum that can’t tolerate each one of these and some people can tolerate all of them. Then there are people who can and can’t tolerate mold levels in foods such as can be found in peanuts, other nuts, certain fruits like cantelope/pineapple/peaches, cheeses, etc. Then there are people who can’t tolerate high sulphur content (thiols) foods such as in this list:

http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/food/high-sulfur-sulphur-food-list/

So it basically comes down to what you can tolerate and what foods are problematic and then working your way around that.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Different perspectives on Candida Protocols’ is closed to new replies.