different answers

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions different answers

This topic contains 75 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Why do some naturpaths say eat veggies and stuff like that for carbs. Then you have others that say eat some brown rice, red potatoes, lentils, stuff like that.? Its very confusing because we are supposed to trust these people. Then eat a ton of meat then I get told not to eat a lot of meat. I guess it might be different because of body types or something also. But again very annoying and confusing. I m just glad the antifungals I m on are doing a good job

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Honestly, I think it just has to do with what they were taught in school, their experience with Candida, and how well they keep up with the latest information. I firmly believe anyone that tells you rice or potatoes are ok is not advising you in your best interest…it just doesn’t make sense scientifically to feed sugary carbs to a body that is infested with buggers that thrive on sugary carbs, you know?

fje
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 10

I don’t think there is a single “one size fits all” way to cure candida. Everyone is different, every “infestation” is different. People have many different opinions and experiences. What works for one person might not work for another.

There also isn’t a lot of scientific evidence to support that diets even work – its all anecdotal, so of course you’ll get a lot of different advice and opinions.

I think what we can all take away from this is that this is a very personal journey and you have to decide what works best for you and who to trust. Don’t go blindly trusting anyone (even on these forums!) if your body is telling you otherwise.

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

moochpb;37437 wrote: Why do some naturpaths say eat veggies and stuff like that for carbs. Then you have others that say eat some brown rice, red potatoes, lentils, stuff like that.? Its very confusing because we are supposed to trust these people. Then eat a ton of meat then I get told not to eat a lot of meat. I guess it might be different because of body types or something also. But again very annoying and confusing. I m just glad the antifungals I m on are doing a good job

When I first tried this diet about a year and half ago, that was my biggest complaint was the conflicting information between what supposedly feeds the Candida and what doesn’t. That is mainly why I became so frustrated and quit the diet.

I believe since Able & Raster created their strict diet list you now have a road map. Before someone on the forum would say Carrots are fine and someone else would say don’t eat carrots. They basically weeded out all of the iffy type foods.

Mooch, Why not try this diet for a few months strictly and not see your naturopath during that time. You’ll instantly have more money for veggies and supplements and if your symptoms begin to go away then no need to go back to the naturopath. Your Naturopaths diet may have iffy items on his Candida diet list such as, “Brown Rice” It’s almost like your trying to combine 2 different diets at the same time. Have you tried giving this diet a legitimate chance on it’s own for a decent length of time?

moochpb

I did the strict diet and I lost 11 pounds in like two week and Im now 131 pound 31 year old male who is five foot 10. So I get why I need more carbs, it was my 5th visit with her and she said I’m too depleted by the diet. So she said add some carbs and sweet potatoes. My only symptoms now are bloating and mucous reflux. I haven’t hardly eaten any potatoes or rice anyway and I still bloat. After my surgery on my nose 10 weeks ago I ate hardly anything and bloated after eatin veggies. I have sibo and yeast so it’s a battle. My first holistic dr told me to just stay away from yeast. He said I can eat chocolate and stuff like that so i knew he wasn’t right. I’ll see how I feel soon, if I was overweight I’d have no problem eating just veggies. But my 4 percent body fat is already too low. That’s the problem in my situation. As long as I’m on the antifungals and probiotics I think I should be ok

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

I have a similar sentiment. Theres so much conflicting information. I think its about tipping the scales in favour of anti-candida. For instance if you’re eating an anti-inflammatory diet you’re still allowed some inflammatory food, you just need to make sure that it evens out as anti-inflammatory over the course of the day.

Im the same as you in that i have extremely low body fat. There are other important health aspects such as weight and energy. Eliminating nearly all sugars but retaining some in carbs is okay, i would have thought, as long as you are still fighting the candida. I simply can’t eat just veg and meat. My girlfriend would kill me and id whither away. Rather im sticking religously to the website diet (with some lentils now and again) and focusing on building up my friendly bacteria.

I’m having huge die off but i have also had some really positive signs so i must be doing something right. I think its what works for the individual.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

moochpb;37437 wrote: Why do some naturpaths say eat veggies and stuff like that for carbs. Then you have others that say eat some brown rice, red potatoes, lentils, stuff like that.? Its very confusing because we are supposed to trust these people. Then eat a ton of meat then I get told not to eat a lot of meat. I guess it might be different because of body types or something also. But again very annoying and confusing. I m just glad the antifungals I m on are doing a good job

Because, Mooch, generally speaking, they don’t know what the hell they’re talking about when it comes to a Candida
    albicans overgrowth. Not a clue.

The body types may be different, but the Candida aren’t.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

I will chime out here.

First, the anticandida diet was created by a MD like all the research about this syndrome. The advances regarding to treatment, discoveries, and research belong to the mainstream medicine no to the alternative field.

Since most MD don’t know about this syndrome and people don’t find easy solution, the naturopath word found a chance to make money inventing anticandida treatments that most of the time don’t work or offer some symptom relief only.

The anticandida diet was created to avoid an increase of yeast colonies in the intestinal lumen during antifungal therapies. It is necessary so far since any known antifungal stops the yeast growing totally if you feed it. However, during a yeast infection, candida no only growths in the lumen but penetrates the intestinal lining infecting it. This part of the infection ( the intracellular ) isn’t affected by any kind of diet. The only way to target it is bloodstream way or with an absorbed antifungal drug ( systemic drug )

So, do what you do regarding to the diet you eat, if you don’t target the cells, there always be a latent infection ready to spread again.

Jorge.

moochpb

That’s what it seems like, but i saw patients of hers that were cured because of her. My stool didnt say I have candida but it said I had yeast overgrowth and sibo. I am thinking they are clueless or just guess but in not gonna take ppis for my reflux, no way in hell

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Lets examine potatoes and carrots because this is one item left on or off most diets. If you start to eat potatoes with every single meal with a bunch of carrots…guess whats going to happen mooch? You will be feeding the bugs.

But what if you ate these items one serving per week? Wouldn’t do too much to the average candida sufferer except some may get a leaky gut reaction to it, and for some it may set them back for a day.

So its all about the amount of bad foods you eat and how often. If you overdo it it won’t bring a benefit, and if you under do it might bring a very very slight detriment.

-raster

moochpb

So what targets the cells? Do I need a diflucan or something like that it the antifungals im taking? I feel healthier but just bloat and reflux from sibo and yeast

moochpb

I will not eat potatoes everyday that’s for sure. Maybe once a week, then quinoa a few times a week sticking to meat once a day only now and a ton of veggies. This is tough ill tell you that. Going through two tours in Iraq isn’t even as annoying as what in going through now. I just wanna be full once in my life. I won’t eat carrots and I haven’t even touched fruit in 3 months. More soups is what in gonna do

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

I agree, I am very thin and worry about losing more weight, but I want to feel better. I lost a lot of weight the past couple years due to gastroparesis; got a gastric pacemaker which helps now. So, lots of problems.

moochpb

I will beat this eventually but I’ve been an athlete since I was 5 and I don’t just turn that off. I’m way too thin, not healthy. I leveled out a bit with coconut bread and some buckwheat pancakes. So I’ll try and stick to them more for the carbs

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Its very confusing because we are supposed to trust these people

I think it’s easy to operate under the assumption that when you are sick you go to the doctor they give you a pill and you are healed. That’s not the case with Candida you must be proactive in your treatment and your research. (I’m not even going to mention how you must heal yourself on more then just a psychical level)
    At this point I don’t trust anyone with my health other then me.
    It’s time to take responsibility for yourself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘different answers’ is closed to new replies.