diet snacks

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions diet snacks

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Emsmith 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

im having a real hard time sticking to stage one .what are sum snacks that u guys eat to get thru ? i have been making coconut bread with plain yogurt-recipie from this site ,.what u think about the yogurt since it has sugar ? I love the recipe since it only calls for 2 eggs but it kinda falls apart .does all this type of bread do that ?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s able’s recipe which we talk about so much:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst746_Coconut-Flour-Bread.aspx

I believe the flour amount may be incorrect and I believe you need to double what he has shown to 1.5 cups per 6 eggs (if it seems too liquidy add more flour).

Here is the raster bread:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3751_Raster-s-coconut-teff-buckwheat-almond-flour-bread.aspx

The almond meal seems to be the most problematic and you could substitute with any type of flour.

There is also about half a dozen pancake recipes and a few other bread recipes.

-raster

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I eat four to five small meals a day and I’m rarely hungry and rarely too full. It took some major work to figure out what schedule works for me, but I’ve finally got it down and it is *such* a relief! It looks something like this (typical day):

Breakfast:
    -buckwheat porridge with stevia, cinnamon, and no-alcohol vanilla (if you have progressed enough to add in buckwheat)
    – some kind of veggie, like some stewed greens/spinach with garlic

Lunch:
    – large salad with herbs (fresh dill, cilantro, parsley), radishes, cucumbers, etc. and olive oil/acv dressing

Afternoon snack:
    – coconut bread

Dinner:
    – Bieler broth (veggie soup, I posted the recipe up, very filling, nutritious, delicious)
    – 2 eggs, usually scrambled with chives, onions, broccoli, spinach, whatever is around that i can chop up and toss in

Evening snack:
    – more coconut bread
    – more veggies (maybe heat up some rutabaga fries or stew more greens or eat radishes or whatever’s around) or another bowl of soup

It doesn’t look that great, but it’s pretty satisfying. I basically make a giant batch of soup every 2-3 days, and now that I know about coconut bread, probably that will start happening every 4-5 days as well. The soup is great for meals and snacks – you can put a lot of coconut oil in it so it is very filling.

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

Since starting the cleanse and then the first part of the diet, I have not been looking to snack. I think the key is to have enough nutrient rich food to eat at meals. If I do want a snack, I have some kale chips that I made. I’m going to make some dehydrated veggie crackers this weekend, so I’ll also have those if I want a little something crunchy.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

Maybe its a mix of having to change from a high sugar abd Carb diet and the temptation of my family eating whatever around me.

I am soooo hungry! I can afford to lose 15 pounds but after that I’d b to skinny I weigh 145 and am 5 ft 4 .I seem to b destructive, as I’ve started this diet a few times already and mess up everytime!

I don’t know bout y’all but my cravings are off the charts strong! I have orders l glutamate to help with this.

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

Oh Hope, I do understand. Sometimes it’s not physical, but all mental. I am lucky that it’s only me and my wife, so not much temptation around. She is not following the diet with me, but we ate quite healthy prior to my diagnosis, so there is not a lot of junk in the house.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Yeah, the first couple of weeks are really rough while your body adjusts. There’s also a detox going on as you get unaddicted to snacks and carbs and sugar etc…it basically just sucks and you have to power through it 🙁 However, once you get on the other side, things seem a lot brighter!!

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I’ve been eating guacamole with veggies (celery, broccoli, cauliflower, etc) like I’m getting paid for it…and it helps. It’s all nutrient-dense and high-fiber, and the guacamole is fatty, which is pretty filling. When I wasn’t eating enough calories at the beginning of the cleanse, I would even add extra virgin olive oil to the guacamole.

Also, if you can find alcohol-free vanilla, you might try pureeing an avocado with vanilla, cinnamon, and stevia, like pudding. It’ll probably be ugly-looking, but I bet it would taste pretty okay. I used to make raw chocolate mousse with avocado, same idea.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

If you are on stage one, it might be too early to introduce yoghurt. I also found that yoghurt made me even more hungry. Try hard boiled eggs, pop one every time you feel hungry. I ate around 8 eggs per day on stage one. Pumpkin seeds helped me as well (didn’t do any other seeds on stage one, but these did not bother me) and if you get the ones in shells they keep you busy so you don’t eat that many of them 🙂

Home made kefir with whole milk would be a better alternative to yoghurt. I suggest you try that. You would get protein, some fat and probiotic benefits out of it. Search the forum, there are tons of posts about it. If fermented right, there is no lactose left in the kefir so it is better than yoghurt (especially commercially made yoghurt where you don’t know how it has been fermented).

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

kale chips are a life saver! i think they taste better in a dehydrator which you can get on amazon for $50. handy to have while fighting this battle, make stuff on the weekend and have it ready to go. i’ve done apples, parsnips, turnips, and kale so far. the curlier kale tastes better than the wavy kale and it’s ready in 2 hours.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘diet snacks’ is closed to new replies.