Diet Review Please

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Diet Review Please

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Summer 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Summer
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 43

Hey all, Able, Raster, community.

Just wanted to make sure I’m on track and experiencing normal progress/die-off. I’m feeling down and hopeless right about now.

Age 28, chief complaints starting 6 months ago: acne, mood swings, joint pain (mostly knees), cold hands, numb tingling fingers. -self conclusion: candida (doctors ruled out diabetes, thyroid, anemia and hypoglycemia) 6 months ago took several rounds of aggressive antibiotics and was eating a lot of quorn products (fungus derived meat substitute, don’t ask)

Completed: Jan 1st-6th detox cleanse followed with a colonic.
    -noticed a small white patch on the side of my tongue 3 days into the detox.

Exercise: January 8th-current
    2-3 times a week cardio and strength training
    2-3 times a week rock climbing (1-2 hours)

Strict Diet: January 7th-current

Beverage: only water
    Supplements: oil of oregano (2-3x per day), grapefruit seed extract (3-15 drops in every glass of water 6-10 glasses of water per day)
    Source Naturals DuraFlora (2-3x per day), Nordic Naturals Omega Woman fish oil with primrose (1x day)

Diet:
    Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs
    First Lunch: Romain, cucumber, avocado, sprout salad with olive oil dressing
    2nd Lunch: Variation all week of
    *Spinach, artichoke and olive oil
    *Chicken with roasted bell peppers and asparagus or
    *Roasted Eggplant
    Diner: Frozen vegetables cooked with coconut aminos, 1/2 a fresh squeezed lime.

Snack: Avocado with fresh lemon juice or more eggs.

I’m pretty sure my diet is pretty good but am concerned about:
    Bell peppers, Sugar Snap peas, lime and water chestnuts.

As of the last 4 days my acne has flared up, i’ve seen floaters in my eyes and the white patch on my tongue is still there but seems to be maybe getting lighter. The first few days after the fast was over I would wake up feeling exhausted, still a little tired but nothing like those first few days.
    Also, since my fast and colonic on Saturday, January 7th I have not had a regular bowel movement. Yikes!

Is this die-off or am I just getting worse? Am I on the right path?
    Do I even have Candida?

If you have time, please take a look and let me know if anything jumps out at you or if you have any thoughts. I know we all get to this place where we are doubtful.
    I just don’t want to make any mistakes.

This weekend I’ll be going to the store to add molybdenum to my diet, next week starting on January 21st I plan to add almonds, rolled oats, unsweetened almond milk, hemp seeds, apple cider vinegar and women’s bread (yeast-free, gluten-free bread) to my diet.

Thanks,

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sounds like you are really gassed and tired right now? This is pretty normal after a few weeks on the diet. I would highly recommend not doing exercise for a few weeks because this can drain your body too much to fight off candida. If you overexert yourself, you could easily become sick/ill or prolong your treatment. You need to rest as much as possible.

Second, even though your diet sounds OK, you likely will need to eat more food to counteract any weight loss and the taxing of the body to fight candida. I recommend eating more for breakfast, adding some side items during lunch, and add more items with dinner.

Third, avoid the nuts as much as possible unless you soak and roast them. There is mold in the nuts and this is to be avoided until phase 2 or as long as possible. Nuts will bring nutritional value later in the treatment but they can set you back or prolong your recovery.

As far as die-off symptoms; do you feel bad, almost ill in general? This is die-off; but if you aren’t experiencing die-off, you might not have candida.

“This weekend I’ll be going to the store to add molybdenum to my diet, next week starting on January 21st I plan to add almonds, rolled oats, unsweetened almond milk, hemp seeds, apple cider vinegar and women’s bread (yeast-free, gluten-free bread) to my diet.”

Rolled oats contain starch/sugar and should be avoided as much as possible until phase 2. Hemp seeds contain mold. Read all of the ingredients for the women’s bread; if it contains wheat, honey, dairy, rice (flour), or any grain it is to be avoided. Just make the coconut bread instead or your variation on it.

If your digestion is poor, consider getting digestive enzymes (I recommend pro-gest) or digestive (or other) grape bitters. Both will aid digestion and heal leaky gut if you have it. Also chew your food 20-30 times per bite; this will aid in your digestion and energy as well.

Keep it up!

-Raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

raster wrote: Read all of the ingredients for the women’s bread; if it contains wheat, honey, dairy, rice (flour), or any grain it is to be avoided. Just make the coconut bread instead or your variation on it.

Don’t forget potato or maize starch, or the modified starch cocktails they like to put in that engineered ‘Free From’ stuff. If you look at the nutrition on a lot of those products, it’s not hard to imagine why people maintain gluten sensitivities and other allergies.

As a general rule, I think it’s best to stick to only stuff you make yourself. There are a few exceptions like preserved olives and vegetables in jars/cans without any hidden nasty ingredients or 100% buckwheat crackers and such if you can find them. You really need to be vigilant with the ingredients list. Since I’ve been reading these things religiously, I’ve been shocked at how often ‘sugar’ or one of its variants appears, even in high-end supermarket products, and usually within the first 2-3 ingredients, meaning it’s one of the main ones! No wonder people are so sick.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Summer;

Pay attention to Raster’s post as this is what you need to be doing, other than one comment; for an enzyme source purchase “only” Swedish Grape Bitters as these are the safest choice all around.

One more thing, stop with the colonics right away and don’t do enemas either as this destroys what small numbers of beneficial bacteria you may have left in your intestines and colon.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Able900 wrote: One more thing, stop with the colonics right away and don’t do enemas either as this destroys what small numbers of beneficial bacteria you may have left in your intestines and colon.

I thought that would happen. How can you just blast foreign liquids up there and expect things to improve? I couldn’t imagine doing it myself anyway, but thanks for the knowledge nugget. I’ll clean things out from the other end with lots of veggies and kefir 🙂

Summer

raster wrote:

As far as die-off symptoms; do you feel bad, almost ill in general? This is die-off; but if you aren’t experiencing die-off, you might not have candida.

Raster,

So around the end of my detox and beginning of my cleanse, I felt like I was on the brink of getting sick, running nose, generally tired, would feel dizzy when I stood up, slightly sore throat but not too notable and not often. I’m feeling so much better now.

Do you think that could have been my die-off?

My skin is getting better but still not clear and I still have this white patch (thrush?????) on my tongue.

Thoughts are always welcome.

Side note:
    Colonics…… I know the website is flawed but they recommended colonics. I actually have one scheduled for tomorrow YIKES, but I will get some plain kefir and bitters afterwards. I’d like to flush my system one more time and then rebuild on a cleaner playing field.

Thanks as always.

elena
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi Everyone,

I went to a nutritionist who found me to be suffering from candida.
    i was very swollen, everywhere, i had cravings for sweet things, i felt tierd all the time, and i tried dieting, but the weight wouldn’t drop off.

she put me on a detox diet of just friut and veg for a week.
    2nd week, just fish salad and veg, and detox every Monday.
    for 3 months i was drinking only water and green tea, and eating only fish, rabbit, salads and veg.

but the most boring was i was only allowed one thing on my plate the 1st month, 2 things the second month.
    this is my 8th month, i put about 3 or 4 things on my plate now, but still only eat, rabbit, fish and salad or veg.
    very boring i know, but, i have no sweet cravings, i feel alive, i have energy, i lost 16 kilos !
    during my 8 months, i would try eating pork once a week, but i would swell, so she removed it.
    i can have decaff coffee, made from the chicory plant and cocoa.
    i can used honey but only real honey.
    because i see results every week, it gives me strength to go on and not cheat, and why cheat, if its going to mean that the candida is getting fed ?
    if you have alcohol, your feeding the candida, bringing it back to life.
    i used to love eating crisps on the sofa every night, or a bar of chocolate, or even cornflakes with loads of sugar !! i dont have the craving for this anymore.

so it takes patience, just remember, why cheat if it feeds the candida !!
    i payed a lot of money up to now, every visit cost me over 200 euros, im giving this to you for free, cause i feel anyone who is going what i went threw.

good luck, and if anyone needs to ask me anything, you can message me on in my email.
    [email protected]. glad to help, and i can always recommend my Naturitionist .bye for now, Elena

raster
    Participant

Summer, yes it sounds like die-off. You should get a good amount of mucous production and its basically as bad or worse than having a typical cold. A typical cold can bring sore throat, red eyes, headaches, muscle aches, etc (this list goes on and on). This is basically the same as die-off symptoms.

What you will experience in the future is slow and steady progress. Some days will be better than others and it might be pretty hard to do the diet. But to feel better takes sacrifice.

On a side note: I agree with able said about the colonic and it may set you back in a bad/negative direction. You are already on the road to recovery, but this could possibly undo all of the progress you made with the initial cleanse. You need your gut flora to get better and there isn’t a good reason to remove them as far as I can tell. I am interested in hearing your progress either way; who knows, maybe it’ll bring benefit?

Summer

So I’ve been doing lots of research on colonics and candida. Of course there are opinions on both sides.
    What I’ve discovered is that Bowel movements are actually composed of mostly dead cells, bacteria (good and bad), among the usual suspects. I was told that even during fasting you should have regular bowel movements because there is still a lot your body is removing other than food.

The colonic practitioner I met with yesterday told me that every time you have a bowel movement your flushing away good bacteria as well as the bad. There are so many activities that we do that kill and remove the good and the bad all day long.

The fact is that while I may be removing good bacteria with a colonic, I’m also removing bad. The big kicker is, I’m not doing anything to feed bad bacteria but I’m doing a whole lot to repopulate the good.

I think I like colonics but I’m going to keep tracking my progress and we’ll see what happens. I won’t know until I try. After my colonic yesterday I felt great.
    I scheduled another one for two weeks.

I’ll keep updating.

Side Note: went to the store and bought some coconut flower for next week. I’m very much looking forward to getting some carbohydrates and to start training again!
    I’m thinking tortillas.

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Summer,

I am interested to hear updates on the colonics and if they help or not. I too have read a lot on them and saw that there are two opinions. I have not tried one myself, because I live in a smaller town…but also don’t have the funds currently.

Hope you find some relief! Best of luck!

Kirsty

Summer

Updates:
    Saturdays colonic went really well and I was given lots of great feedback.
    I felt like my acne was a little worse on Sunday morning but seems to be getting better. It’s so hard to tell.

So last night before bed I took three oil of oregano capsules and three probiotics.
    I had a slight headache and had a really hard time getting to sleep and I woke up a couple times during the night with completely numb fingers, yikes.
    Also now, (never before) seem to have a slight yeast infection and still with the damn white patch on the tongue.

Could this be die-off?

Just desperate to see improvement because it’s hard to restrict yourself so much when it feels like it’s for nothing. I feel like not only am I not getting better but I’m adding new symptoms.

I’m at the 2.5 week mark. I’ve been very diligent (except I was eating some sugar snap peas in a vege mix, but now I pull them out)

When will my skin clear up???? ARGHHHHH

raster
    Participant

If you are looking for immediate results…it could be a long wait before you get there. What you should be experiencing as you do the diet is a whole range of symptoms that vary week by week. Some nights you will sleep bad, some nights you will sleep good. Some days you get headaches, some days you do not. Once you start antifungals, you generally should feel worse.

The white patch on your tongue sounds like oral thrush and you can treat it by doing oil pulling.

-Raster

Summer

Raster,
    one thing I’m worried about is….(well I’m worried about a lot of things but)
    I’m 4 days away from adding coconut flour. If I’m still having all my symptoms is it okay to add or should I wait? How do you gauge if adding something is making it worse if you’re not getting better.

raster
    Participant

Die-off symptoms should persist despite adding or removing food items during the first 2-8 weeks of the diet.

If you are allergic to coconut flour you should experience some/any of the following reactions:

1)Mucuous production in nose or throat
    2)Red or bloodshot eyes
    3)The “burn” feeling that is similar to what we call an indian rug burn in the states
    4)hyperventilation (similar to burn)
    5)muscle spasms or tremors
    6)headaches
    7)IBS or explosive bowel movements

Typically, most of the foods on the allowed foods list do not give you these symptoms. Some phase 2 foods could give you these reactions. If your leaky gut is really bad off, you will be allergic to almost all food items including coconut flour.

If you want to reduce or eliminate die off, we recommend the vitamin molybdenum to protect the livers and organs. Another idea is to try doing a hot tub, sauna, steam room, or even hot bath to sweat out the toxins via the skin.

-Raster

Summer

Raster,

Thanks for being so supportive and available. I know you know how frustrating it gets.
    It’s good to know what lies ahead. I can handle 8 weeks.
    I don’t think I have leaky gut too bad. I’ve never really had IBS issues so I’m very much looking forward to coconut flour.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Diet Review Please’ is closed to new replies.