Diet coke

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bbtg 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

lennox
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 7

I drank one can of diet coke. Will this ruin all the progress I’ve done? I’ve been on the VERY strict candida diet for 1 week and I’ve seen absolutely no progress at all. I suffer from chronic diarrhea and I’m starting to wonder if the diarrhea is candida related at all (since I’m not seeing any improvements in my 10 daily visits to the bathroom).

I wasn’t diagnosed by a doctor, but a pharmacist who did a hair analysis and sold me a bunch of very expensive supplements. Could it just be a way of making money out of me?

EDIT: Does the diet coke feed candida or is it not allowed on the diet because aspartame has some unknown side effects (not candida related)?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would not continue to drink diet coke but its not going to set you back very much like anything.

-raster

lennox
    Participant

If it’s not going to set me back, why not drink it then? It can’t feed candida since it contains zero sugar.

raster
    Participant

Its benefitting the yeast with its acidic properties and aspartame benefits the yeast. Its detrimental to your health and causes weight gain.

-raster

lennox
    Participant

I just don’t get why aspartame feeds candida, but stevia don’t. And why is the “acidic properties” from diet soda feeds candida when the acid from lemon juice don’t?

raster
    Participant

The lemon juice actually alkalizes the body. I don’t understand the process but it actually does opposite of what its supposed to. Candida thrives in both acidic and alkaline environment, your body needs to be close to pH neutral. Your digestive system should be acidic though and often is not acidic enough with a candida problem. The diet soda would make your body more acidic but not improve your digestion.

Stevia is a prebiotic that feeds beneficial bacteria in the gut.

If you want more info on diet coke, there has been some other people interested on forum and I would look at their posts.

-raster

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

Aspartame does not feed candida. That story has been made up by the anti-aspartame lobbyists.

Aspartame is just another protein, though it is a very short one, as it consists of only two amino acids. In the stomach, aspartame is broken down into the individual amino acids of which it is made up – just like any other protein.

The two amino acids of which aspartame consists are ordinary, natural amino acids which are present in almost all natural proteins, regardless of whether those proteins are animal or vegetable.

In other words, the products into which aspartame is broken down (the amino acids) are identical to the amino acids into which just about any other protein is broken down. As all those other proteins do not “feed” candida, neither does aspartame.

Rabelais

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

The “alkalizing” effect of lemon juice is chemically impossible. Add acid to create something which is alkaline? It just doesn’t happen.

I’m not sure, but I think this is something that had to be made up by some believers. Those believers believe that “acid is bad” and “alkaline is good” (which just isn’t true). But they cannot deny that lemons and lemon juice are good for you. These two beliefs contradict each other.

Those who are led by the facts conclude that the first belief is wrong, and that acid isn’t always bad.

Those who are led by their belief system can only try to change the facts. Therefore, they just had to make up the story that lemons and lemon juice alkalize the body. It’s the excuse they need to keep adhering to an invalid belief system.

Rabelais

lennox
    Participant

<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>
    Aspartame does not feed candida. That story has been made up by the anti-aspartame lobbyists.

Aspartame is just another protein, though it is a very short one, as it consists of only two amino acids. In the stomach, aspartame is broken down into the individual amino acids of which it is made up – just like any other protein.

The two amino acids of which aspartame consists are ordinary, natural amino acids which are present in almost all natural proteins, regardless of whether those proteins are animal or vegetable.

In other words, the products into which aspartame is broken down (the amino acids) are identical to the amino acids into which just about any other protein is broken down. As all those other proteins do not “feed” candida, neither does aspartame.

Rabelais

<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>

Thanks for the insight! “Aspartame kills you” <– There’s no scientific proof of this statement! One would have to consume an ABSURD amount of aspartame before it has a negative impact on one’s health

raster
    Participant

Just so you know, rabeleis is a troll guy that comes here to try to be politically correct on everything…

I am pretty sure you won’t see diet coke on any candida diets or aspartame.

-raster

texan
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 40

I think its more about the impact it has on your blood sugar and immune system..
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/aspartame-and-candida/

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi everyone. I have just blocked Rabelais from using the forum. He makes the occasional good point, but he does it in such a rude way that I don’t think its helpful to the other forum members. He has been warned about this behavior before, but unfortunately has proven unwilling to be more respectful.

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

bbtg
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Troll guy!
    now thats funny… ha ha

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Diet coke’ is closed to new replies.