Diet and weight gain/weight loss

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Diet and weight gain/weight loss

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

SirFabsalot
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 7

Hi all,

So I have been on the diet for 7 months now. The first 5 months I really struggled to keep the weight on, being on only a veg and protein diet meant I struggled to get my 2,000 calories a day. During that time I lost a lost of muscle mass as well and went from 155lb to about 140lb.

However in the past 2 months I have been putting weight on again, and quickly, mainly in fa around my midsection. I am back to 155lb! I think this could be because I increased my fat/calorie intake (mainly though nuts, maybe too much?), but I was wondering if it meant that I was also ,asking progress?

The reason I ask is that when I was not on the diet, I could eat anything I wanted and I never moved from 155lb – I reckoned it was due to the fact that my crappy digestion was unable to absorb much of the nutrients.energy in the food I was eating. Now that I am 7 months in, as my digestion slowly returns to normal, the food I eat is made to better use, including putting on weight.

I could be coletely wrong on this – it could also be that due to lack of muscle mass my metabolism has slowed considerably and now the weight comes back on much more easily.

Just some thoughts on my side, would be interested to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

SF

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I didn’t experience this myself, but I also started mild exercising and weight lifting again as soon after starting the treatment as was safe, which means when I felt my strength returning.

You’re right about muscle mass/fat and weight loss/gain; the less muscle mass you have, the lower your metabolism will be so the easier it will be to gain weight. You should slack off on the calories a bit and also start some sort of exercise program to rebuild some of your muscle tissue.

Able

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

Able900;33421 wrote: I didn’t experience this myself, but I also started mild exercising and weight lifting again as soon after starting the treatment as was safe, which means when I felt my strength returning.

You’re right about muscle mass/fat and weight loss/gain; the less muscle mass you have, the lower your metabolism will be so the easier it will be to gain weight. You should slack off on the calories a bit and also start some sort of exercise program to rebuild some of your muscle tissue.

Able

Hi Able, when would you say returning to weight lifting is safe after starting the diet? I only really stopped when I did my cleanse and first week on the diet. It seems you have an opinion or some insight on this. I just hope it doesn’t negatively affect someone starting too early. I have been on the diet for 51 days and did a week cleanse prior.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

kodaz2005;33428 wrote: Hi Able, when would you say returning to weight lifting is safe after starting the diet? I only really stopped when I did my cleanse and first week on the diet. It seems you have an opinion or some insight on this. I just hope it doesn’t negatively affect someone starting too early. I have been on the diet for 51 days and did a week cleanse prior.

This really depends on the individual and how many other problems he has going on besides the infestation, Kodaz. Really bad die-off symptoms are one reason you should hold off on an exercise program. The leaky gut syndrome should be on a definite mend, and your immune system should be healing. You can sometimes tell if your immune system is low by whether or not you have frequent colds, a sore throat, or sinus problems. All of these are problems that should begin to lessen once your immune system is healing.

There was no one to tell me about the die-off toxins, and I had no idea how sick I would be when I hit the infestation with the full strength of the diet and antifungals. Let’s just say I was extremely ill. Of course, being this sick, there was no way I could begin an exercise program until the die-off had reduced by at least 90%. But it all happened very quickly with me compared to the way the protocol is programmed to work, and I would never recommend this to anyone else. It was one of the most dreadful periods of my life.

You’ll just need to decide for yourself judging by the way you feel and by your symptoms. As I wrote, you don’t want to start an exercise program with die-off symptoms happening such as headaches and the feeling of being off balance.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I was just like you and went from 145 pds to 135, and now I weigh 165 pounds (so I’ve gained 30 pounds since starting the diet). The way I look at it is you are getting proper nutrition, you aren’t feeding the bugs, and the surface area of your intestines has increased and thus are absorbing the foods you eat better. I can’t talk about how this relates to working out or not because I don’t lift.

-raster

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I have experienced the same thing but in opposite. My problem was the inability to loose weight, no matter what I did, no matter how few calories I ate.
    (I realize this is not the norm around here)

However, my timeline is the same. I’m about 4-5 months into the diet and the weight is FINALLY coming off.

There is no rational reason for why I couldn’t control my weight before starting the strict protocol. I was eating 1200 or less every day for at least 6 months, and still 5’2″ 220 lbs. I started seeing doctors and doing doctor assisted weight loss programs and they assumed I was cheating when the weight didn’t budge.

I believe that it’s the Candida making us too skinny or fat.
    I think people worried about starting the diet because they “can’t afford to loose more weight”, need to realize that the weight loss is a symptom and it will correct it’s self when you begin to heal.

peace & good health to all!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Diet and weight gain/weight loss’ is closed to new replies.