Diet advice please

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Diet advice please

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Christian Rene Friborg 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

turkishdelight
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 11

I am just starting on my candida diet. I do not have any problems with my stomach such as bloating, indigestion, sensitivity etc. So surely then it is ok to eat gluten and wheat but preferably whole meal and whole wheat? My sensitivity is my nose/ears and headaches. I also feel very heavy and weak and worn out physically all of the time and it has been that way for decades. I have also read that it is ok to have yeast if it is cooked, i.e. toasted bread. And cheese if it is cooked. My main question please is this. I understand we cannot have sugar because it feeds the yeast but what about if we are buying something that only has about 1% sugar? Is this tiny amount acceptable? If we are not eating anything that includes then would a small amount of sugar be ok because there is nothing there to feed? I am taking various supplements and finding all of this confusing, very time consuming and trying my best. I live in the UK where doctors do not accept that there is such a thing as candida and would just give you more anti biotics and steroids, which I am sure made the problem or at least made it worse in the first place.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you are serious about fighting candida, then you will abstain from wheat, cheese, and yeast. If you are not serious about fighting candida then you will eat a diet that is “more” healthy than you current one but not good enough to get better.

Cheese contains a type of sugar called lactose and candida can feed on this just as easily as other forms of sugar such as sucrose or glucose.

This is not a sugar elimination diet because sugar exists in nearly all foods. This is a low sugar diet where you only eat natural forms of sugar that exist in vegetables and other foods, etc.

There is about 3g of sugar in a head of lettuce. There is about 5g of sugar in a red onion. You need these foods to survive, so you have to eat sugar.

But this doesn’t mean you should go out and eat white sugar, cane sugar, honey, maple syrup, etc. Its all the same pretty much and all are bad for the diet.

We also feel that certain foods should be reduced as well. This includes molds (in nuts and seeds), dairy (lactose), starch (carrots, potatoes, corn, etc), high GI (glycemic index) foods, grains, etc.

We have a strict forum food list if you are interested. If so, email able900 for a link. You are welcome to experiment of course but many of us have already done that and went to the strict food list.

-raster

turkishdelight

Thank you very much for this. So you are telling me not to eat goats or sheeps cheese. Fair enough. Please tell me, bearing in mind that I am not allergic to anything and have no sensitivy in stomach – is it ok to have tiny amounts of sugar in, for example, some guacamole? Is it ok to have something which has tiny amounts of yeast in it?

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

turkishdelight;29320 wrote: Please tell me, bearing in mind that I am not allergic to anything and have no sensitivy in stomach

You are correct: dealing with candida and related symptoms/syndromes is mind boggling.

My hunch is your ears/nose and headaches are candida related as some people feel sinus infections are more typically yeast/candida than bacterial and perhaps a form of an allergic reaction due to candida caused leaky gut. When candida turns fungal it bores through the intestinal pores to enter the blood stream. The mycotoxins strain your immune system. Large molecule food particles can now pass through the enlarged intestinal pores which the body mounts an immune response to ‘invaders’. This strains the immune system further dealing with a type of false allergic response due to the food molecule size with every bite. The combo puts a strain on the adrenal/thyroid systems since they regulate much of the immune response.

I suspect, if you took your body temps, particularly the basal temp (temp upon waking) they would be low which is a red flag to adrenal fatigue/hypothyroid. Everyone who has complained about sinus issues which I also suffer from, have reported back low body temps even if they didn’t realize it prior. A lot of tail chasing here but, the more I seek the more convinced I am of how intertwined endocrine dysfunction is with candida: a which came first scenario. Supporting the adrenals/thyroids is built into this forum’s protocol: albeit subtly but, again they are all intertwined with issues like diet, vit/mins, iron, iodine, etc….

turkishdelight

Thank you so much for this. I had sort of calculated that I probably had leaky gut and this had caused the sinus/headaches/ears etc. I also have coated white tongue and bad teeth. I am also sure that it has only gone or become manageable since taking lots of vitamin c and garlic. But I have read too that having a lot of garlic can cause thyroid problems – lack of energy with some.I am soon to start taking curcumin, large doses of vitamin b, already taking kelp and selenium and pro biotics. I would like to know please if it is ok to sometimes have tiny amounts of sugar if you are buying for example a pre prepared sandwich paste which has a miniscule amount in it.
    If it is ok to have cheese if it is goats or sheep or lactose free? If it is ok to have bread if it is just now and then and no yeast or kill the yeast by toasting? I want to do this right but I also do not want to eat horrible food all of the time if I can have something nice sometimes, or buy lots of expensive stuff if it is a waste of money!
    I will be getting more vegetables – I never ate them before! and cutting out fruits. Is it ok to have potatoes if you do not eat the skins or make sure they are well washed first? I love potatoes.

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Turkish, if you want to rid yourself of candida, follow the forum diet and dont eat anything else thats not on it. Sandwich paste is processed and even small amounts will probably feeding the candida.

I love potatoes too but I’ve not had one in six months because i want to be well again. I dont eat “horrible food” all the time either. Its a really healthy diet and as you progress, you add more and more foods. Like rewarding yourself. Maybe try to see it that way. Rewarding yourself for getting rid of the symptoms. Perhaps it is hard to get your head around but its either you want to get well or you want to eat processed and candida loving foods and be sick.

actress11
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I’m STARVING too on the cleansing portion – it’s hard to believe I don’t see more people complaining!!!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Try to understand that the goal of a workable Candida treatment is to destroy as many Candida as possible while working to change the environment of the intestines, stomach, and colon to an environment that will not sustain the existence of a Candida albicans overgrowth. To feed the Candida during this long process is to defeat the purpose of the entire treatment. Foods that must be avoided in order to stop feeding the Candida are: all sugars, specifically sucrose, fructose, lactose, and any food that will turn into sugar once it has been eaten. This includes such foods as starches and other foods that can change into sugar in the body such as carbohydrates (wheat, etc). It also includes sugar alcohols such as sucralose (Splenda) and also the imitation sweetener, Aspartame (NutraSweet, Equal). Yeast should also be left out of the diet. Sugar is found naturally in most vegetables that you will need to eat, therefore any other foods containing sugar should be avoided.

So as you see, the problem is not an allergy to these foods, and it’s not a problem with the stomach or bloating; the problem is feeding the pathogens you’re trying to destroy.
    There is a complete diet available to forum members; if you’d like to have a copy, send a private message to me on the forum.

Don’t feel bad about your UK doctors; for the most part, doctors here in the US also refuse to believe in a Candida albicans infestation. Many of us, including myself, have treated and cured our infestation without ever consulting a doctor.

Able

Samantha1988

Hi, turkishdelight!
    I’ve found really useful diet, that’s called “Kremlin diet”
    You should try it, I’m sure it helps to everybody.
    I can’t write about it here, ’cause there is one important table. I can give you link:
    Kremlin diet

Christian Rene Friborg

turkishdelight;29317 wrote: I am just starting on my candida diet. I do not have any problems with my stomach such as bloating, indigestion, sensitivity etc. So surely then it is ok to eat gluten and wheat but preferably whole meal and whole wheat? My sensitivity is my nose/ears and headaches. I also feel very heavy and weak and worn out physically all of the time and it has been that way for decades. I have also read that it is ok to have yeast if it is cooked, i.e. toasted bread. And cheese if it is cooked. My main question please is this. I understand we cannot have sugar because it feeds the yeast but what about if we are buying something that only has about 1% sugar? Is this tiny amount acceptable? If we are not eating anything that includes then would a small amount of sugar be ok because there is nothing there to feed? I am taking various supplements and finding all of this confusing, very time consuming and trying my best. I live in the UK where doctors do not accept that there is such a thing as candida and would just give you more anti biotics and steroids, which I am sure made the problem or at least made it worse in the first place.

This made me sad but I think I should follow this. I also have a GERD and my doctor says to avoid eating fatty and spicy foods.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Diet advice please’ is closed to new replies.