Diet

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

nicole13
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 18

I am close to two weeks into this thing. I did the cleanse for a week and now im doing the strict diet. I am eating two avocados, 3 tbsps of coconut oil, and two whole eggs every day. The rest of my calories are coming from veggies. So I would say that about 80% of my calories are coming from fat. Is this too much? I am eating a ton of salad and steamed veggies. I have read in some articles that some people say that too much fat fuels candida and I’m not so sure I believe this. Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need some carbs!

-raster

nicole13

Yes, you have told me that I need carbs once before. I know you are really passionate about this topic but I am also passionate about not eating them. I get carbs from my veggies and soon plan to include coconut flour which also has a small amount of carbs. My question was about fat not carbs. What is the ideal amount of daily calories from fat percentage. I read a few articles that some believe high fat diets fuel candida.

raster
    Participant

I don’t think fat is good for your digestive system in high quantities and thus it likely does feed the yeast when your galbladder gets slugged up and pancreas/liver has difficulty working optimally.

When your body doesn’t get proper nutrition it will start to use its own resources (such as hair, fat, muscle, bones, teeth) which leads to weight loss and a variety of health problems.

This is why its very important to have a balanced diet.

Eggs can be problematic too (can feed yeast) and avocados can be hard do digest also; what I worry about is your diet causing chronic constipation. If you poop less than 2-3 times per day then its going to be hard to get better imho. When you become constipated this benefits the yeast and pathogenic bacteria…

-raster

nicole13

I don’t have any constipation. I got about twice a day. I guess I’m just having a hard time putting together a balanced diet without feeding the yeast. If you don’t mind me asking, what were you eating when you started the strict diet to get a balanced diet?

raster
    Participant

Here is my story here:

http://thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst818_Candida-diet-blog-post-from-month-2-to-3-years.aspx

I kind of have stuck to the same strict diet for the last 3 years pretty much because its very solid. As I got better I added in more things and removed some things too. I highly recommend pumpkin because it will help heal the leaky gut quickly because of its anti-inflammatory properties. My diet for dinner is basically meat, grain, salad, and I used to eat breads (I might have to start doing this again). I am too lazy now to make the breads lol (except pumpkin pie muffin bread).

For breakfast I do something similar, bread, yogurt, grain (meat and eggs on weekends instead of bread). For lunch during the week I eat salad, grain, and fruit (weekends stage 3 is beans, grain, bread, fruit).

I’m nowhere near perfect either. I need to incorporate more nuts and more veggies in general and add something else in for lunch during the week.

-raster

nicole13

Raster- I really enjoyed reading your story. It’s amazing how far you have come. It’s inspiring. I was wondering if you had any recommendations on the best magnesium supplement to take? Thanks again.

nicole13

@raster – you also said that you are enjoying pumpkin muffins and mentioned in your story that you also suffer from leaky gut as well. When were you able to introduce the pumpkin? It sounds like a delicious option and I’ve been so hungry. Already lost 5 pounds in less than two weeks. I’m going to try to make some coconut flour bread this weekend and see how I do on that. Also contemplating getting some organic oat bran and making a porridge out of it for breakfast ( even though I don’t eat grains). Do you think that two weeks into the diet is a good time to introduce coconut flour and or oat bran? Thanks again.

raster
    Participant

If you pour over my story again, I added in oat bran and pumpkin muffins 3 months into the diet more or less. But the diet I was doing for those 3 months wasn’t very strict and so its hard to really call it a candida diet. In other words, I would say that I used them at the beginning.

Also worth noting about oat bran, it does contain gluten. Bob’s red mill does make a gluten free oat bran too, which is likely more safe starting out (not organic though). I didn’t really have much of a problem with gluten but I do notice I feel better without it.

Cream of buckwheat is a safer alternative imo and it tastes almost as good.

Someday I will post my wife’s buckwheat muffin recipe, but the cream of buckwheat can be used for baking too with coconut flour and almond meal…

You need to eat a lot more with this diet vs. regular diet and so thats why I recommend not going so strict. Its nearly impossible to starve the yeast, it will simply adapt and find new food sources. If you starve it too much, it will feast on your body and your body will use its reserves to fight it at the same time.

Check out bone broth soups too for healing leaky gut.

-raster

nicole13

Last year when I first started this diet I tried buckwheat and had the most awful stomach pains so I am very leary about adding it back in. I actually threw it away after one use. I have made bone broth beforeand yes it’s very good for the gut. I’m trying to locate a new source for my chicken bones and feet. What about magnesium? What’s the best supplement to take?

raster
    Participant

I just took a cheap magnesium supplement from vitamin shoppe and don’t know best one to get but in general the thorne products are pretty good. The potassium-magnesium citrate might be the best one:

https://shop.thorne.com/potassium-magnesium-citrate

The other magnesium products sound like they are for methylation or chelation…

-raster

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Diet’ is closed to new replies.