diet

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Rabelais 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

moonfish70
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

Hi can somebody please point me in the right direction for finding a proper candida diet.Ive had this thing for about 20 years and its driving me crazy. Everytime I look up the net i keep finding conflicting diets everywhere,what i would love to get is a good diet that is proven.Ive been to the doctor and he has me on nystatin ive been told that i can eat eat rice and potatoes but every time i eat one of these the same symptoms come back.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

If you have a bad reaction after eating those foods, then regardless of what your doctor says you should avoid them. Rice and potatoes are not allowed on most candida diets. Check out raster’s food list for an idea of what you should be eating: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

An elimination diet is also something I’d recommend and can be very helpful in trying to figure out what you do and don’t react to.

moonfish70

Hi on rasters food list he has 3 different stages how long does each stage last
    Thanks

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

moonfish70;59972 wrote: Hi on rasters food list he has 3 different stages how long does each stage last
    Thanks

I’m not sure about that. Hopefully raster will chime in. If I were you I’d treat all of the foods after the first phase as test foods. Again, this is where an elimination diet can be really useful. Hope that helps!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

moonfish70;59972 wrote: Hi on rasters food list he has 3 different stages how long does each stage last
    Thanks

Well it varies person to person. For some people, you could go to stage 2 after a month. For some people it could be 2 years. Its hard to say. But in general, when you reduce inflammation, your symptoms, and histamine levels…you’ll be able to tolerate the stuff on those food lists. It just takes time and the appropriate strategy to do this.

-raster

moonfish70

I actually went on the scd diet for 6 months on all my allergies are nearly gone.This time im thinking off doing it again but eliminating fruits as well.I have a strict diet now but tried some brown rice as i dont want to lose to much weight but i started to get slight itching again so I figure the candida loves it.
    Have anyone one of you actually beaten this thing because every site I going people seem to be dieting for years with no results. Ive started doing enemas and they seem to be good have any of you tried them.
    By the way its great to hear from people going through the same thing.

trlevi
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 12

moonfish’s question as to whether anyone here has beaten this thing is a good one, yet it goes unanswered. I see a lot of advice given here, which is really nice, and very generous, but I have to question its validity. On all these websites nobody seems to have beaten this thing despite very long periods of trying. Is is it something that CAN be beaten or can we only hope to minimize it? To make matters worse, all the books, plans, diets, etc. are different and often contradict each other. This shit is driving me crazy.

I did the Ultimate Candida Diet, and I felt better. Not great, but better. I think it worked because my immune system, white blood cell count in particular, improved drascitally. Despite that I am almost positve I continue to have this annoying, life-altering condition.

I am currently contemplating doing a diet again. I’ve recently read Ann Borsch’s book. The diet seems very doable, but there are many questionable components. Also, her suggestions for supplements, many of which are her brand, are very costly. In short, like all the diets, I question its effectivity. I could do the Ultimate Candida diet again with a better follow up plan, as her plan is very vague. I am very frustrated to say the least, as I am sure many of you are.

To make matters more difficult, I recently traveled to Spain where I will be studying in master’s program for a year, which I am sure won’t help my condition. But, I can’t stop living, right?

raster
    Participant

trlevi;59983 wrote: moonfish’s question as to whether anyone here has beaten this thing is a good one, yet it goes unanswered. I see a lot of advice given here, which is really nice, and very generous, but I have to question its validity. On all these websites nobody seems to have beaten this thing despite very long periods of trying. Is is it something that CAN be beaten or can we only hope to minimize it? To make matters worse, all the books, plans, diets, etc. are different and often contradict each other. This shit is driving me crazy.

I did the Ultimate Candida Diet, and I felt better. Not great, but better. I think it worked because my immune system, white blood cell count in particular, improved drascitally. Despite that I am almost positve I continue to have this annoying, life-altering condition.

I am currently contemplating doing a diet again. I’ve recently read Ann Borsch’s book. The diet seems very doable, but there are many questionable components. Also, her suggestions for supplements, many of which are her brand, are very costly. In short, like all the diets, I question its effectivity. I could do the Ultimate Candida diet again with a better follow up plan, as her plan is very vague. I am very frustrated to say the least, as I am sure many of you are.

To make matters more difficult, I recently traveled to Spain where I will be studying in master’s program for a year, which I am sure won’t help my condition. But, I can’t stop living, right?

Well most of the people who have cured themselves don’t come back and don’t want to spend their time on it. I’ve gotten to the point where candida is no longer my major problem and I can cheat on the diet regularly. For instance last night I got a pizza with all of the toppings and I don’t think many people on here eat pizza with no reactions very often.

-raster

moonfish70

Well I used to have extreme allergies if I had gluten even I crumb I got very sick and had extreme brain fog with acne.I went on strict paleo for 3 months and now can tolerate gluten and most foods …I still get diaherra and constibation …I’m thinking that I will do strict diet for another 3months with lots of antifungals and enemas hopefully this will make a big difference ….3 months ago if I had a probiotic I could barely move after made me v sick…now I have 3 strong ones a day…I really think now that we have to address inflammation in the stomach..a few months of grains make a big difference…

moonfish70

Bone broth is supposed to be brilliant for inflammation

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Remember that a diet will only keep the candida under control. Go slow and don’t pressure your body. Detoxing is much more important than dieting.
    Go look for what causes your candida overgrowth. Start with the adrenals.

moonfish70

Yeah you are right there must be something behind it…I’ve seen people talking about mercury poisoning I don’t think I have that as I’ve no fillings…I don’t think it’s adrenals as I generally have good energy…I was on antibiotics for a long time when I was younger maybe that caused it…is there other root causes for Candida ?

lolcandida
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 32

Candida is caused by a slowed metabolism/hypothyroidism. This condition results from inadequate carbohydrate in the diet which serves to down regulate the metabolic rate, reduce body temperature, reduce enzyme and gastric acid production as well as immunity in general.

Looking at candida as solely a pathogen is incorrect and not a holistic way of viewing the body. To beat candida you need to repair your metabolism so that the bodies own immune system takes care of candida without issue. All one needs to do is consume a diet very high in carbohydrate with adequate protein so that the body can repair itself. The problem is that when one has candida the digestive tract will not be functioning well and many types of carbohydrates will not be tolerated by the patient.

The solution is to consume very easily digested sources of carbohydrates that even the slowest of metabolisms will be able to digest. These sources include: raw honey, orange juice, other fruit juices, and watery fruits like grapes. Carbohydrates that have a starch component like apples, or sweet potatoes will cause problems for those with candida because these types of carbohydrates digest slowly and allow candida, along with other pathogens that will always be present with this condition, to ferment these carbohydrates and release toxins into your blood stream.

When one adopts a high carbohydrate diet composed of easily digested sources of carbohydrates the problem of candida will resolve quite rapidly. It should take less than a couple of weeks to notice drastic improvements in your condition. I consumed well over 3000 calories of juice a day to beat candida and heal my metabolism which now allows me to eat any food without issue.

moonfish70

My Candida would go mad if I ate honey and grapes !

raster
    Participant

lolcandida;59997 wrote: Candida is caused by a slowed metabolism/hypothyroidism. This condition results from inadequate carbohydrate in the diet which serves to down regulate the metabolic rate, reduce body temperature, reduce enzyme and gastric acid production as well as immunity in general.

Looking at candida as solely a pathogen is incorrect and not a holistic way of viewing the body. To beat candida you need to repair your metabolism so that the bodies own immune system takes care of candida without issue. All one needs to do is consume a diet very high in carbohydrate with adequate protein so that the body can repair itself. The problem is that when one has candida the digestive tract will not be functioning well and many types of carbohydrates will not be tolerated by the patient.

The solution is to consume very easily digested sources of carbohydrates that even the slowest of metabolisms will be able to digest. These sources include: raw honey, orange juice, other fruit juices, and watery fruits like grapes. Carbohydrates that have a starch component like apples, or sweet potatoes will cause problems for those with candida because these types of carbohydrates digest slowly and allow candida, along with other pathogens that will always be present with this condition, to ferment these carbohydrates and release toxins into your blood stream.

When one adopts a high carbohydrate diet composed of easily digested sources of carbohydrates the problem of candida will resolve quite rapidly. It should take less than a couple of weeks to notice drastic improvements in your condition. I consumed well over 3000 calories of juice a day to beat candida and heal my metabolism which now allows me to eat any food without issue.

Worked for you but doesn’t work for everyone.

-raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘diet’ is closed to new replies.