Die-off up and down?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Die-off up and down?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cgoldie 3 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kingbean
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

2 weeks on Nystatin – week 1 (500k) and week 2 (1mil) – tough die-off for first 5/6 days, several great days, lousy next few days. What gives?

In past 2 weeks, introduced probiotics and low sugar, too.

Anyone else’s die-off go up and down? Thought it would be linear…

Stories welcomed

cgoldie
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 6

My die off is up and down, for sure. However, I can pretty much trace the ebb and flow by what I have consumed or my stress levels. I am about two months in and I made a lot of mistakes at the beginning.

I started the diet while at the same time adding 2-4TBS of coconut oil per day, garlic pills, candi-gone, and pau d’arco ALL at once! I had no idea that my body would heal more slowly if I hit it this hard. My die off was nearly crippling. I was depressed, my acne was a lot worse, i was sweating like crazy, and so bloated I looked pregnant all day long. I was constipated a lot of the time. The hardest was how tired I was. I only have a part time job right now because I couldn’t find the energy to work more hours. I basically came home and had massive cravings for carbs that drove me to eating too much coconut and nuts (because it was the closest thing I would let myself have to what I craved). I ate WAY too much food and it exacerbated my constipation. I kept on with it because I thought die off was 1-2 weeks long. This lasted a month and a half with no letting off of symptoms.

Then I cut out all antifungals and took coconut oil way down. I decided to just do the diet for a couple weeks. I felt amazing a few days in.

Yesterday I had my first bout of symptoms again and I know that this is caused by die off because I had some coconut yogurt that had probiotics in it. I hadn’t been taking probiotics yet.

It takes time. It also takes a mental space of self-care and patience. If I get stressed, I have more symptoms. If I’m worried I’m going to be hungry, I panic (I was malnourished and starving over a period of years with candida so I have some PTSD triggers about starvation). If I feel tired or bloated, I feel defeated.

I think that die off changes with a lot of different things! The parts of our body are connected in ways most of us don’t understand. Die off happens when your body can’t detox as fast as it’s killing so maybe the toxins are building up in your body and you get symptoms for a bit until they leave your body. At least know that you are not alone in the ups and downs!

kingbean
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

Thank you for kindly replying. I REALLY appreciate it.

Yes, this is a very hard ride and so isolating. What, no support groups!

Looking back, I’m not sure how restrictive my diet even was – I was eating a fair amount of wheat and rice and had the occasional mini sugar binge. I’m wondering if I was both feeding the yeast and killing it, simultaneously?

In any event, I’m going to tighten up the diet, which will probably feel funky, and see how that goes.

Sounds like you’re doing better now?

cgoldie
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 6

Yes, I believe you can feed and kill at the same time and that is a cause of very angry die off. I was also doing that at first accidentally with a few things.

I have read that Candida can double it’s population easily after eating sugar once. I don’t know how accurate that statement but I think it must be at least close. I believe it only takes one mini sugar binge or even bowl of white rice to repopulate at least enough to keep you feeling ill. So hard, right??

I am feeling A LOT better but definitely not there 100%. The diet is hard to grapple with but I feel SO much better when I stick to it with no cheats.

Keep me posted about how the diet is going! I have a lot of ups and downs with feeling full and knowing if my hunger is real or if it is candida talking still.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Die-off up and down?’ is closed to new replies.