Die off symptom? – red, dry skin under eyes & around mouth

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Die off symptom? – red, dry skin under eyes & around mouth

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Percyfaith 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tash
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hello,

I’ve been on the strict diet (Phase 1) for almost two weeks now, and am experiencing red, dry skin under both of my eyes – it is so bad, that it looks like I’ve been punched in both eyes! This is also occurring around my mouth. I used to use a cortico-steroid cream, but have stopped since starting the Candida diet, after realizing this may be a contributing factor to candida.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any remedies??
    Do you think it may just be a die-off symptom?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Tash wrote: Hello,

I’ve been on the strict diet (Phase 1) for almost two weeks now, and am experiencing red, dry skin under both of my eyes – it is so bad, that it looks like I’ve been punched in both eyes! This is also occurring around my mouth. I used to use a cortico-steroid cream, but have stopped since starting the Candida diet, after realizing this may be a contributing factor to candida.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any remedies??
    Do you think it may just be a die-off symptom?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi Tash!

That definitely sounds like it could be a symptom of Candida Die-Off. If it gets too severe, then maybe try going on to a slightly less strict diet for a few days, just to give your body time to catch up.

There are also a few things that you can do to reduce the Die-Off symptoms while stayng on the diet..

– Cut back or temporarily discontinue antifungal supplements
    – Increase water intake to flush out the toxins faster
    – Slow down and rest as much as possible
    – Try eating a cup of rice, it will slow down the detox process while providing fiber to eliminate the toxins
    – Skin brushing, saunas, hot baths
    – Take 1000 mg Vitamin C 2 times daily

Hope this helps, and let us know how you do!

Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Jon-Solo
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Hey Tash was it just red under your eyes or was it dark circles or bags under your eyes?

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

I have those symptoms Tash mentioned with a flair up after rotating probiotics (megaspore biotics, saccharomyces boulardii, L Reuteri– my eyes are very dry. slightly red and I’ve got flaking dandruff from my scalp and forehead and my eyes are suffering with blepharitis. Better after stopping probiotics.

Thanks to Anna for suggestions!

If Jon-Solo or anyone else who might see this any thoughts?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Die off symptom? – red, dry skin under eyes & around mouth’ is closed to new replies.