Die-off Over!?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Die-off Over!?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

Wow, so I’m a little over 2 weeks into the diet after a 5 day cleanse and the severe die-off symptoms seem to have ended for me. Now I just get some symptoms after drinking kefir or nettle tea and it’s nowhere near as bad. My old symptoms seem to be at a constant lower level than before I got on the diet though. Is this a normal progression? I need to mention that I didn’t follow the protocol down to a tee. I introduced supplements a little less than a week early, but I kept 3-5 days between starting new ones, in the order of importance listed in the protocol. I’ve also started drinking green valley kefir instead of homemade because I’m lazy, and I started drinking It only about 2 days after starting 4-6 tablespoons of coconut oil a day, which I started doing I want to say 12 days into the diet phase. Right now I feel a lot better but I have a little minor stomach pain every time I eat and occasionally throughout the day. Was I too aggressive and should I back down on anything? And what should be my next move? Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider killing off the candida further for another few weeks to get it to a really low level and then stop antifungals (other than SF722). What I mean about killing it off more…is to switch to another antifungal such as grapefruit seed extract, oregano oil, garlic, or SF722. SF722 undecenoic acid by thorne research is a great long term antifungal you can use that candida cannot adapt to easily.

I hope able agrees to this idea, but I feel that you should battle it more when it is going down!

Other than that, you will see the symptoms progressively lift away or reduce as the weeks and days go on. It is a very slow and long term process for most of us, and as you get better, you will want to cheat (on the diet). This is to be avoided at all costs for many months, unless of course you want the candida to return easily. After months on the diet (if you progress as quickly as most of us) you eventually can go to phase 2 or start phase 2 food items. If you have leaky gut, it takes a very long time for it to heal.

I would also consider getting probiotics if you have not done so already and take them away from the antifungals (by a an hour +). Probiotics are the single most important thing you need to get better in the long term.

I would consider slowly increasing the amount of coconut oil you take daily as well if you want to.

-Raster

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

@raster: Is this the SF722 you’re referring to: http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-Formula-SF722-250-Fish-Gelatin-Gelcaps/18560?at=0

Secondly, is it OK to take anti-fungals right after a meal?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

yes, this is the correct stuff. You might be able to find it cheaper via google shopping, but some other vendors can have slow delivery times.

-Raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Die-off Over!?’ is closed to new replies.