Die off or overgrowth?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Die off or overgrowth?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PapaBizz 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Analogue
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hi, I’ve been on the candida diet for 4 weeks and my symptoms still has not subsided. Started from the first week and continues each day. Itchy skin, white coating on tongue and headaches. Shouldn’t die off die down by now? Or is this an overgrowth? How can one tell the difference?

– Following candida diet guidelines to a tee

– Changed to eco friendly laundry powder

– Using only natural personal care and toiletries (toothpaste, PH soap, s & c)

– Drink concoction of dandelion, ginger, cinnamon, slippery elm in the mornings

– Drink 2 litres of filtered water

– Stopped supplements containing forbidden ingredients (maltodextrin, potato starch etc)

– Exercise daily

Can’t pointpin what I’m doing wrong, can someone please help?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It should take a long time for your candida symptoms to subside, for most people it can take as long as 6-18 months.  This is why I recommend professional advice because you might be able to get better faster vs. treating yourself.

Itchy skin is a die-off symptom and it also relates to histamine problems as well as variety of things, so its hard to say what is causing it.

The dandelion, ginger, cinnamon, and slippery elm is antifungal and some of it helps you detox.  In general, it likely would make you feel bad, so I would consider stopping it and introducing one at a time to see what helps and what doesn’t.  Its a lot of antifungals and strong stuff to take at once.

The white tongue should persist on and off for awhile.  If its a symptom you worry about you can do a special kombucha / s. boulardii protocol where you consume a yeast that eats candida.  The kombucha should make your oral thrush reduce and the s. boulardii cause you to feel awful with bad die off, I only recommend late in your treatment as a final way to get over candida hump some.

Also the exercise may be too much to do starting out if you are doing anything strenuous.  You need lots of rest starting out and to save your energy for healing, so I would do something that isn’t very hard on your body basically.

-raster

Analogue
    Participant
    Topics: 2

Thanks Raster! I’ll definitely take your advice into consideration.

hilmes08
    Participant
    Topics: 0

My son and I have been following phase 2-4 of diet for almost 2 months. We weren’t able to do phase 1 because he is only 4 and I am pregnant. He has always suffered from eczema, and it almost seems to be getting worse. I am disappointed because we have been telling him after 60 days we could start eating some fruits again. Should I still introduce fruits or should I wait until our eczema symptoms are gone? I guess I thought our symptoms would be gone by the end of the 60 days. Is it normal to still have these symptoms?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Ezcema likely is something that requires more than the diet by itself to treat unfortunately. For many it takes 6 months to 4 years to get better and this is why I recommend professional help and advice.

-raster

PapaBizz
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 13

Raster

Ezcema likely is something that requires more than the diet by itself to treat unfortunately. For many it takes 6 months to 4 years to get better and this is why I recommend professional help and advice.

-raster

Raster, when you mention seeking proffesional healp, what do you actually have in mind ? What kind of proff. help are you thinking about, naturopath ?

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Die off or overgrowth?’ is closed to new replies.