die off or adrenal fatigue

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions die off or adrenal fatigue

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

moochpb;34675 wrote: I’m always hungry, can’t gain weight, bad anxiety yet my bloodwork for thyroid came back ok

I have the exact same problem. I eat around 3500 calories a day and still only weigh 135 at 6’0.
    I would see if you can have an adrenal test. My naturopath told me that if your cortisol is consistently high it will cause alot of damage in the body. I always found that when I go through periods of less stress that Im able to gain weight, sleep better, and have less anxiety. It all deals with the stress hormones.

jereseib79

alexinlondon;34680 wrote:

Alex, thanks for sharing your results. I had a similar test about 4 months ago and mine showed a pattern consistent with high cortisol levels much like yours. I was just curious, do you have any anxiety problems?

Hey, no problem, I didn’t originally have anxiety problems. But then 1.5 years ago I had a bad virus, and a lot of stress from some life stuff, that’s when I got really sick, then came the muscle pain, inability to sleep (remember being awake 3 days in a row at one point), during that time I did have anxiety and panic in a major way, but I think it was brought on by illness as opposed to the other way around, of course, then that makes it difficult to recover I think.

I originally found meditation, yoga and I know it’s silly but watching motivational movies like ‘the secret’ to be great in getting me away from anxiety and back to positive mindset.

I know, I am going through a tough period of stress right now that Im having trouble breaking out of. Ive tried some yoga, meditation, etc for a few days and I start feeling less anxious. Then something stressful will trigger my anxiety and panic attacks again. I guess I need to just stick with relaxing techniques on a consistent basis. If I could just get my body to stop producing all those stress hormones I think I would feel better.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I will take those tests for sure. She wants to wait a month or so then see if yeast and bacteria levels are lower too

jereseib79

moochpb;34675 wrote: I’m always hungry, can’t gain weight, bad anxiety yet my bloodwork for thyroid came back ok

One more thing my doctor told me. High cortisol will worsen candida symptoms because it creates a rise in blood sugar and weakens your immune system.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I have spent a lot of money on these adrenal spit tests. Every naturopath wants to run another one to see if my adrenals are stressed.

I finally said “NO MORE!”. In my opinion it’s a waste of money. Of course my adrenals are stressed, I can’t fall asleep yet I’m freekin’ tired as hell. I have had 4 adrenal tests by 2 different doctors and I still suffer from adrenal fatigue because there is no cure! (except maybe eliminate the candida).
    Do you know what your doctors have in mind to cure your adrenal fatigue? I’d be curious because nothing my doctors prescribed/sold me worked. So about $3000 later I still have adrenal fatigue.

The only thing I have found to help my adrenal fatigue is high doses of vitamin C, I currently take 18000 mg a day.

jereseib79

mrs.candida;34736 wrote: I have spent a lot of money on these adrenal spit tests. Every naturopath wants to run another one to see if my adrenals are stressed.

I finally said “NO MORE!”. In my opinion it’s a waste of money. Of course my adrenals are stressed, I can’t fall asleep yet I’m freekin’ tired as hell. I have had 4 adrenal tests by 2 different doctors and I still suffer from adrenal fatigue because there is no cure! (except maybe eliminate the candida).
    Do you know what your doctors have in mind to cure your adrenal fatigue? I’d be curious because nothing my doctors prescribed/sold me worked. So about $3000 later I still have adrenal fatigue.

The only thing I have found to help my adrenal fatigue is high doses of vitamin C, I currently take 18000 mg a day.

Yes, there is a cure, you have to get rid of the candida first. Any kind of stress to your body whether it be emotional, physical, or a disease will put a burden on your adrenals. I think one initial saliva test is enough.

I have what they are calling “adrenal stress” where Im having alot of anxiety and stress related physical symptoms of high cortisol levels.

Dr James Wilson has a great book on adrenal fatigue that I would read. He explains everything you need to know. Its basically a complete lifestyle change and just depending on supplements that your naturopath put you on is not enough. You have to eliminate the major stressors in your life so your adrenals can recover. I know its easier said than done as I am struggling with alot of emotional stress right now also.

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I’m taking a Chinese herb for my adrenal issues for 3 days. I feel more energy and feeling a bit better. I’ll post it when I get home from work. My main test concerns are where my yeast and bacteria overgrowth levels are. My liver enzymes are normal too so that’s good. Yesterday I had a bad day, so todAy I wanna feel better stomach wise then yesterday and I will. Positive attitude is what I’m trying lol

mrs.candida

Dr James Wilson has a great book on adrenal fatigue that I would read. He explains everything you need to know. Its basically a complete lifestyle change and just depending on supplements that your naturopath put you on is not enough. You have to eliminate the major stressors in your life so your adrenals can recover. I know its easier said than done as I am struggling with alot of emotional stress right now also.

Yes, I have read that book, but I didn’t remember seeing a cure. In my personal life there isn’t a lifestyle change I can make, I have never had any real stressers that would cause adrenal fatigue. The only stress my body has been under would be Candida. It’s got some great ideas about supplementation. Also, the diet he suggests would be so much easier then the Candida diet.

I just think the test for Adrenal Fatigue is one place where people could save money. Adrenal Fatigue is one of those things where you know if you have it.

Joelle
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Of course my adrenals are stressed, I can’t fall asleep yet I’m freekin’ tired as hell. I have had 4 adrenal tests by 2 different doctors and I still suffer from adrenal fatigue because there is no cure! (except maybe eliminate the candida).
    Do you know what your doctors have in mind to cure your adrenal fatigue?

Adrenal fatigue with the appropriate treatment takes a LONG time to heal and recover from. If you are struggling with candida simultaneously, you are right that getting rid of candida is a big part of the cure.

I struggled with adrenal fatigue for years and have overcome it. It took a lot of time (years), work and trial & error to find the underlying causes (yes there were many) but it is possible to be healthy and not struggle with the symptoms forever.

mrs.candida

Thanks Joelle,

I have also struggled with adrenal fatigue for years. I had cured it with high doses of vitamin C and cutting sugar and carbs out of my diet, not one of my doctors who gave me the test suggested a diet change or vitamin C. I was sleeping good for months until I started the Candida diet. Since I’ve began this protocol my adrenal fatigue has flared up again although, not as bad as before.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘die off or adrenal fatigue’ is closed to new replies.