die off or adrenal fatigue

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions die off or adrenal fatigue

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

How can you tell the difference? I ve been so damn tired and exhausted but I m also getting over a cold so who knows. But I am at full dose of my fungals now so I know I m getting some die off, I just got some ginger type herb today for adrenal support, hope it helps. Thanks

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I don’t know about you, but my energy is always way down in the winter. I am seeing that you are further north than me so maybe it is just getting over the cold and that it is wintertime… Just a thought.

moochpb

I am coughing quite a lot still. Sick, plus antifungals, so that could be it. Just want energy back.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I had cured my adrenal fatigue before starting the diet. When I started the diet and die off began, my adrenal fatigue came back and hasn’t left. My adrenal fatigue sounds different then yours. I fall asleep hard and early (8PM) then can’t stay asleep, (up and wide awake at 3AM).

Now if your just feeling tired like you need to nap during the day then that’s perfectly normal while healing. I would guess it’s something your taking, (maybe an anti-fungal or a biofilm attacker). I have used Caprylic Acid as a sleep aid, since I discovered it’s that that’s making me sleepy.

I also recently started experimenting with high doses of Biotin(5000 mg), and that will knock me out too.

Try experimenting with the times you take some of your supplements, I find I can control when I will and won’t be tired with them.

moochpb

I m just drained the whole day. I go to sleep around midnight and one in the morning. I’m a night person. When I work I get 6 and a Half or 7 hours of sleep. When I don’t work I get 8 to 9. My nights are my relaxation. I think it’s the antifungals I’m on some strong ones right now and I’m just fatigued. I still workout though except last week since I had a cold. I’m still getting over it. I’m hoping its not adrenal fatigue and just the healing process. It’s been about two weeks of doing the highest doses she wants me on. So can be some die off too. Thanks

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

moochph, I have also been dealing with bad fatigue throughout this process. I do have adrenal fatigue. If you are on a really limited diet it taxes your adrenals, and to that working out and you are really pushing them. That’s what I did. I was a triathlete and long distance open water swimmer. It was a big part of my life and identity. Now I can’t even run a mile. It’s really hard to put that stuff on hold.

I think all of it tires you out, the candid, killing the candida and worn out adrenals. If I try and workout I end up tired the rest of the day.

The lesson I’m beginning to learn is to treat myself with compassion. Be true to who I am and what I can do today. Sleep if your body is telling you to sleep. Rest. It’s a long haul and rest will help.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You’ll continue to feel fatigued until you get better because the adrenals are apart of the immune system (and are being used) and because this diet doesn’t have tons of sugar, carbs, etc.

-raster

1 user thanked author for this post.

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

It sounds like you are having alot of die-off. Alot of people that have candida also have adrenal fatigue. If you can afford it i would suggest getting a saliva hormone test done. This will measure your cortisol levels. If the levels are too low then that means your adrenals are sluggish otherwise it is probably die off.

I have been struggling with adrenal and thyroid problems even after I have cleared out all of the candida. If your adrenals are working fine then its probably just die off and you should be fine once the yeast clears out.

Also, I learned the hard way to take it easy during my treatment. You need to rest as much as possible while you are dealing with this. I would always start feeling better and then start lifting weights again and then crash within a few weeks and feel worse.

moochpb

Yeah it’s a battle that’s for damn sure, I took the herb my Naturapath told me to take for my adrenal issues, have a little more energy. But also have a sinus infection, just found out, but ent said since I had the sinus surgery ur should go away without antibiotics. Plus die off, my poor body but do have more energy today

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Have you thought about trying acupuncture? I just started going again regularly, it gives me a real energy boost, and I’m also dealing with month 2 of non stop die off.

moochpb

I was actually gonna go get acupuncture due to my sinus infection also. I’m gonna wait a few days. My Naturapath doesn’t take insurance so I shell out a few hundred every two week for supplements and stuff so I will try it when I get more money

alexinlondon
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 21

Get an adrenal stress index, I’ve done one already and it was only about £65 here in the UK, take saliva samples throughout the day and then send to a lab.

I don’t mind sharing my one (with full name / address removed):

http://roanadvisoryltd.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/adrenalstressindex.gif?w=826

This was taken on a Sunday, pretty normal day off, did some shopping, had a massage etc. What it shows in my case is that my adrenals are fine, they are able to cope and are producing if anything slightly high coritsol levels.

Actually my assessment was ‘adaptive response’ which says they are having to work harder than they are which would indicate I have some issues which could be chronic infection or mental…

so it’s kind of a confirmation that I may have bacteria / yeast / fungus issue…

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

alexinlondon;34651 wrote: Get an adrenal stress index, I’ve done one already and it was only about £65 here in the UK, take saliva samples throughout the day and then send to a lab.

I don’t mind sharing my one (with full name / address removed):

http://roanadvisoryltd.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/adrenalstressindex.gif?w=826

This was taken on a Sunday, pretty normal day off, did some shopping, had a massage etc. What it shows in my case is that my adrenals are fine, they are able to cope and are producing if anything slightly high coritsol levels.

Actually my assessment was ‘adaptive response’ which says they are having to work harder than they are which would indicate I have some issues which could be chronic infection or mental…

so it’s kind of a confirmation that I may have bacteria / yeast / fungus issue…

Alex, thanks for sharing your results. I had a similar test about 4 months ago and mine showed a pattern consistent with high cortisol levels much like yours. I was just curious, do you have any anxiety problems?

I have been having anxiety and panic attacks along with alot of physical symptoms such as heart palpitations, tremors, insomnia. I was also diagnosed with hypo-thyroid.

My doctor cant quite seem to pinpoint exactly if my anxiety problems are adrenal related or thyroid.

moochpb

I’m always hungry, can’t gain weight, bad anxiety yet my bloodwork for thyroid came back ok

alexinlondon
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 21

jereseib79;34665 wrote:

Alex, thanks for sharing your results. I had a similar test about 4 months ago and mine showed a pattern consistent with high cortisol levels much like yours. I was just curious, do you have any anxiety problems?

Hey, no problem, I didn’t originally have anxiety problems. But then 1.5 years ago I had a bad virus, and a lot of stress from some life stuff, that’s when I got really sick, then came the muscle pain, inability to sleep (remember being awake 3 days in a row at one point), during that time I did have anxiety and panic in a major way, but I think it was brought on by illness as opposed to the other way around, of course, then that makes it difficult to recover I think.

I originally found meditation, yoga and I know it’s silly but watching motivational movies like ‘the secret’ to be great in getting me away from anxiety and back to positive mindset.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘die off or adrenal fatigue’ is closed to new replies.