Die off disaster??? Please help!!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Die off disaster??? Please help!!!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  taralight6 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

taralight6
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hello! I am a stay at home mom who doesn’t have the funds to see a functional med doc yet. I attempted to kill off what I’m assuming is systemic candida, and I am afraid that I may have done something incorrectly and don’t want to further harm myself.

Background: I’ve had eczema off and on since birth, but it flared badly on my face about 8 years ago and never went away. I didn’t clean up my lifestyle enough, so after the birth of my son (traumatic) and death of my father shortly after (more trauma), I developed head to toe hives 16 months later. The hives also came right after cutting out sugar, alcohol and gluten all at once when they were prominent in my life. The hives continued so were now labeled “chronic ideopathic”. Slowly but surely, I was able to make the hives go away with eating clean and doing energy work (qigong), but the eczema on my chin, neck and forearms was still there for years. I tried some herbal candida cleanses which didn’t seem to do much, and tried to keep sugar cravings down, but they would creep back up. I also did the JJ juice protocol in February this year for one month but stopped out of fear of salt content.

In April, I decided I would try to knock it out with Berberine and Pau D’Arco. I took 500mg of Berberine twice daily for 2 weeks and the 3rd week I bumped it up to 500mg three times daily. Pau D’Arco was 1000mg twice daily. After the 3rd week I fell into a horrible herx where hives came back head to toe and eczema worsened to a debilitating state on arms and face. I finally stopped both of those candida killers. Now, a month later, nothing has changed and may even be getting worse. I also had my histamine intolerance return with a vengeance when it had gone away after the JJ juice protocol and started having major anxiety and trouble sleeping. I knew I had to protect my liver while taking Berberine, so I took milk thistle among other vitamins, but maybe that wasnt enough. 2-3 weeks into the herx I started to research more and added much more to my regimen to try to reverse any damage and protect myself/organs further. Currently, I’m taking a probiotic for histamine intolerance (Seeking health HistaminX), Vit C, D/K2, milk thistle, Molybdenum, Pantathine, B vitamins, Turmeric, Omega 3 fish oil, R lipoic acid, Liposomal Gaba with l theanine, Magnesium, Zinc, Multi minerals, Digestive enzymes, Nettle, Terramin clay occasionally, Selenium/Iodine (transdermally).
    Trying to dry brush and do dead sea salt baths as much as possible as well as enemas when I can. Im eating an anti candida diet, but I do eat a starch like yucca, winter squash or rutabega some nights. Just started oat bran. Lots of coconut oil and some coconut butter. Its so hard to eat since I need to stay away from nightshades, nuts, eggs too for autoimmune purposes, but I cant have high histamine foods either. I have point tenderness in upper right colon or gallbladder for a year now. Leaky gut for sure, prob a backed up liver. Since the herx started, I can occasionally feel liver inflamed.

I’ve been reading up on blocked detox pathways, etc, and I’m really hoping I didn’t hurt myself doing this. Is a month long intense herx normal based on what I’ve mentioned? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!

Vita
    Participant
    Replies: 7

Hello! I’m a holistic nutritionist that had to go through this myself… though your case makes my systemic candida seem cute.

It sounds like you’re taking far too much stuff for the moment without trully prepping your body for a cleanse.

Based on personal experience I recommend using Flo-Essence the dried tea(cheaper than the premade one). And finish off a whole box before using your anti fungals again. It contains extremely gentle herbs that support the main detox organs along with other herbs to tone them as well. I’ve had people come to the store and swear that it even helped to alleviate the side effects of chemotherapy. I personally used this products to prepare myself for my candida cleanse because I was too immunocompromised to handle anything else.

I also recommend sticking to your probiotic during this time and ditching the milk thistle. Get a glutathione instead. It’s more expensive yes, but it’s guaranteed your liver is getting the healing support it needs. Milk thistle increases the levels of glutathione in the body, but in severe cases I’d rather just provide the end product so your body doesn’t have to spend as much energy on it. I also recommend drinking astralagus tea. Powder it, steep it and drink. It’s known as the King of Herbs because of it’s strong immune support. I’ve put my candida clients on it (those that could handle it because not all can) and it gently builds up your system while slowly getting rid of the candida. Granted it won’t be able to get rid of all of, you’ll need a stronger antifungal, but you won’t die from die off symptoms while using it. IF you are getting sleepy while using it, you’re too toxic for it. I’d recommend waiting till after Flo-Essence to try it again.

Hope I was able to help! You can read up on my journey if you wish regarding how I cleared out my systemic candida and my email is there if you have anymore questions.

taralight6
    Participant

Wow! All of this information gives me so much peace of mind and hope. Thank you SO much for responding!

I will definitely read up on your journey! So to be clear, I should stop taking EVERTHING but the probiotic and add glutathione? I also ordered liposomal Vit C and HMF Neuro in the mail, so should I switch to that new probiotic? I heard great things about it on this site. Or should I just continue with my normal vitamins but ditch the liver cleansing stuff like Molybdenum and Pantathine? I have taken the liposomal Gaba with l theanine the last 3 days, and its made a world of difference already on my adrenal state.

Also, I’m not going to “die from die off symtoms”, right? That was scary to read, but I assume you were just speaking in general? What type of symtoms are so severe that they signal extreme danger? And for the Astragalus, I read that it can make autoimmune conditions worse. Would this be the same for chronic hives and eczema?

Vita
    Participant

Haha yes I meant it metaphorically. You won’t actually die from the symptoms though you will be severely weakened. Worst case scenario you may have trouble getting out of bed. I’ve heard such cases from people who didn’t prepare properly and just jumped in to kill their yeast overgrowth. With time the candidiasis will bring in other pathogens and those can increase your risk of death unfortunately such as cancer. Your colon plays a large role in your immunity and if left mismanaged for a while the end result is often not pretty.

Astralagus if you’re very toxic will make it worse. Like I said for some it works and for some it doesn’t. I’ve had clients with candida for when it worked like a charm, and others that couldn’t take it and I had to find something else for them. Brew a cup or two and see how you feel. If you feel worse than before taking it then it isn’t meant for your body for that moment.

HMF NEURO Is great supplement so stick to it. Liposomal vit c is as well, but I don’t recommend it in the preparation phase. Unless you’re already using an antifungal then you’d need it. If you have any supplements that you’ve noticed a good difference with then keep them! But if you’re questioning whether or not they do the job I’d drop them. For the liver cleanse that you mentioned be careful with that. You don’t want to be detoxing while you’re preparing for a candida cleanse. You just want to gently support it so it doesn’t get worse than it is. If you start to detox that liver you’ll be adding more toxins to your already toxin ridden system.

The supplements you’re getting are very good quality and they aren’t cheap. I’d honestly recommend you to just go and see a professional. Just make sure they’ve had actual successful experience in treating candida and don’t know just the “textbook”on how to cure it. It’s one thing knowing it and another thing doing it. Your healing time will be cut in half and you’ll have less stress trying to figure stuff out. This disbalance isn’t something you want brewing in you for months at a time.

taralight6
    Participant

Unfortunately, I dont think ill make it to a naturopath anytime soon. We only have one income, a toddler I stay home with, and I’m just putting the supplements on a credit card not knowing how it will get paid.

I feel good with the vit C bc it gives me energy and seems to be one of the only things on board to help with my histamine intolerance. Should I take a non-liposomal formula during the prep stage or really just stop it all together?

Also, one of my last concerns is stopping the supplements (molybdenum, etc) that pull out Acetaldehyde since I read that all the die off I caused from the Berberine and Pau D’Arco could harm my body further if I dont get them moving out. Will the Flor Essence still move Acetaldehyde out of my body but just be more gentle on me? As for Astragalus, can I buy it in powdered form or do I need to buy dried root and powder it myself? Should I strictly follow the phase 1 diet on this site? Enemas are ok? When am I able to start another antifungal (when symptoms start to get better?). I was thinking of trying SF722.
    Sorry for asking so many questions. I truly appreciate your help and promise these are my last ones.

Vita
    Participant

Flor essence will do the trick and will be more gentler. It detoxes and tones the elimination organs in the body. You can stick to what you’re taking and see how it works with the tea or remove it for a couple of days as an experiment and see if there’s a difference. You’ll have to play around yourself.

I’m glad you feel good with the vit c! Are you taking a liposomal one now or a regular one? If the regular one is giving you the boost already just stick to it. There’s no need to get the liposomal if your body is already accepting the other one. Liposomal is for those with sensitivities to the regular one in stores or that are too weak to be able to absorb it. If the vit c didn’t give you any difference then I’d say just drop it but since you feel the difference with energy please keep going at it. You could even increase the dosage that you’re taking. I’ve done a vit c flush (Google it) to find the dosage my body needs. Felt bad doing it but once your body hits the limit it can hold and you run to the bathroom for some intense diarhea all the detox symptoms of the flush dissapeared. It’s basically titrating till bowel tolerance to find the perfect dosage for your body. A bit extreme but I don’t regret it haha.

I usually have a root and powder it (didn’t have to be too fine) only because it’s more natural that way. But if it’s more convenient just grab the powder form. I’d get started on Flor essence first till you’re done the entire box and then try astragalus only because it can be a bit too strong for your system now. Better to play it safe and slow. But those that were able to handle atragalus were able to rid of their candida with no die off symptoms what so ever while building their immunity up.

Chances are you’ve already killed off a good chunk of your candida but you’ve caused just abit too much havoc in your body with the way you went about it haha. All will be well just don’t give up! You got this 😊

taralight6
    Participant

Thank you, thank you!

As for vit C, I just started liposomal yesterday since it just came in the mail. I was taking camu camu, but felt like it may have caused more histamine issues, so Ill stick with this.

Last few things I thought of, and I promise to leave you alone.

Are enemas ok or too much now?

How will I know when im ready for another antifungal? Symtoms clear up? If I need another, I was thinking of SF722?

Stay on phase 1 of this diet? Ive never followed this one before and was trying an autoimmune protocol since skin issues and gut are out of whack, but maybe I should do this one.

I have a 3 year old that im still (barely) nursing, so i know ill have to treat him too. Can candida fungus also be spread through my skin flaking all the time?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Die off disaster??? Please help!!!’ is closed to new replies.