Die-off Dangers

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Die-off Dangers

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Irritable Bowl Syndrome (IBS) is often a symptom of Leaky Gut Syndrome which is normally caused by a Candida infestation.

A common cause of Intestinal Permeability Syndrome, better known as Leaky Gut Syndrome, is a Candida infestation in the intestines. Candida albicans are capable of growing roots much like a plant; the roots eventually latch onto and grow into the intestinal walls. When this happens, the Candida roots have literally broken through the intestinal walls or lining causing leaky gut syndrome.

How leaky gut syndrome causes allergies:
    Mucus membranes normally provide a protective barrier against pathogens as well as food molecules in the human intestinal tract. When these membranes in the intestinal walls become damaged and therefore no longer able to provide protection for the intestines, the structural integrity of the walls in the small intestine is compromised.
    When this happens, the pathogens and food molecules are able to move into the bloodstream via the intestines, at which point they are then recognized by the immune system as a foreign substance, or in other words, an allergen. If these molecules and pathogens enter the body in large amounts, such as during leaking gut syndrome, the immune system can become adversely affected by hypersensitivity causing overactive immune responses. Depending on the degree that leaky gut syndrome has affected the intestines; it can possibly and eventually lead to various allergies and auto-immune diseases. This is why so many people with a long-standing Candida infestation often develop various allergies.

The best way to prevent leaky gut syndrome is of course to treat the infestation before it becomes systemic.

If you think you may have leaky gut syndrome, avoid the following:

(1) Stimulant laxatives, harsh fibers such as psyllium husk and wheat bran

(2) Anything that will kill the beneficial flora in the intestines.

(3) Aloe concentrates

(4) Strong spices such as cayenne pepper

(5) The herbs goldenseal, barberry, Oregon grape root.

(6) Caffeine and excess animal proteins.

Supplements you can use to cure leaky gut syndrome along with IBS;
    Soluble Fiber is the best dietary aid used in both preventing Irritable Bowel Syndrome symptoms as well as relieving and curing IBS.
    Soluble fiber food sources are:
    broccoli (lightly steamed or raw)
    collard greens
    cabbage (lightly steamed)
    dried beans (such as black beans and kidney beans)
    Granny Smith apples
    A fine fiber supplement is called Heather’s Tummy Fiber Pouch Organic Acacia especially made for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Amazon carries this supplement.

Leaky gut normally causes inflammation, for this you should build up the intestinal flora with soft fibers like rice bran, oat bran and inulin.

Yucca root contains a good intestinal anti-inflammatory agent.

Turmeric is good with pathogenic bacteria in the intestines that contribute to the inflammation.

Since they control inflammation, it’s a good idea to build up the adrenal glands.

Anyone who either contracts a Candida infestation or fails to heal the infestation within a fairly short length of time probably is suffering from a low acting immune system, which only makes curing the infestation more difficult. The immune system also needs to be in top working form in order to prevent allergic reactions from happening with both Candida and during strong die-off episodes.

Adrenal Boosters and Adrenal Supports: Stress is one of the causes of a low immune system as well as the reason that the adrenals can be difficult to heal.
    Stress Helpers are: Pantethine, acetyl-l-carnitine and carnosine
    These nutrients provide special stress-busting nutrients which support the adrenals, help to calm emotional stress, and boost nerve function, mental performance, and mood.

Caffeine induces stress in the body which causes adrenal fatigue which in turn leads to a low immune system. One weak cup of coffee daily is probably not going to cause any problems unless your adrenals are already extremely weak to begin with. The reason I say this is because, as the adrenals become weaker this decreases the ability of the body to deal with stress responses. This in turn leads to more stress further weakening the adrenals. You can see how this can become a downward spiral if the adrenals are not strong enough to rebound from these times of being overworked.

You can help balance stressed adrenals and heal them with the following nutrients from supplements as well as from food sources: acetyl-l-carnitine, natural vitamin C sources, pantothenic acid (B5) sources and adaptogenic herbs.

Some adaptogenic herbs are:
    One of the best is Ashwaganda; others are Asian and American ginseng, and licorice root. Of course there are others, but before you take any herb you should consider any other supplement or prescription drug interaction. If you are using any prescription drug you should consider consulting with your physician before taking an herb.

As far as the various symptoms of die-off are concerned, one product that will help with the symptoms is Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate, a trace mineral found naturally in the human body. This product will detox the poisons from your body and your liver as well. You can take up to 250 mcg three times a day when the symptoms are at their worse, but start with just one dose, and you can take it at any time of the day with or without food. With this, the pill form is perfectly fine and much more convenient than the liquid. Start the Molybdenum right away.
    Another product is Candidate by Native Remedies, this helps with headaches, etc. on a immediate basis, so you don’t need to take it unless you begin to feel a die-off reaction approaching.

Able

Diane
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 73

This set my alarm bells going how long is the extended period of time?

Did I damage my liver over the past couple of weeks, or did I also take care of it by being careful what I ate?

I am not cheating, being a very good diligent girl 🙂 Perhpaps my doses of antifungals have been to high these past few days: between 15 and 18 drops of oil of oregano, 4 tbs of coconut oil and 2 garlic pills without the candidate or molybdenum!

Since my liver has been playing up these days, does this mean I am un danger of contracting any of the aforementioned diseases?  I sincerely hope not!

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Diane.

Damage to the liver, unlike other organs in the body, can be reversed as the liver is the only organ which is capable of completely healing itself. However, repeatedly causing the liver to do this over and over again for an extended length of time is simply asking for trouble. To tell you exactly how long an ‘extended length of time’ is would be impossible as it depends on the degree of damage taking place on a regular basis over a period of time.

If you would feel safer, and until you receive the Molybdenum and Candidate, you could reduce the number of drops of oregano oil that you’re taking on a daily basis, perhaps to ten drops a day. The amounts of coconut oil and garlic pills are not too large to continue as they are.

I would seriously doubt that there is any danger of you contracting the diseases caused by the die-off toxin Aldehyde, mainly because you have not experienced a large number of die-off episodes and symptoms. If I remember correctly, you’ve only experienced one episode of really horrible die-off and that was after you had eaten a large amount of rutabaga. If this is correct, you have nothing at all to worry about.

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Bumping up post for new members.

sunshine33
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 17

Hi Able,

Thanks for posting this. Candida is tough! I thought if I just followed the diet and cut out sugar I’d be fine. After a month of that, it’s getting worse. A few thoughts/questions on the things you wrote about leaky gut:

I eat a lot of broccoli, kale (which I assume works much like collard greens)and beans. I bought a Granny Smith apple, but haven’t tried it yet as my reactions this week make me feel like I’m not ready. I’ll keep up the broccoli, etc. and give the apple a try. Speaking of apple, is apple pectin an ingredient that is okay on anti-candida diet?

I thought inulin was bad for candida. Not sure where I read that, but I know I’ve been consciously avoiding it. I think I’ve seen it in some types of yogurts. I guess I’ll stop avoiding it!

Is it better to start eating rice bran and oat bran, or to just continue avoiding pretty much all grains? In the course of my treatment, I’ve eaten a very small amount of rice twice, and tried gluten-free Irish oatmeal but only had a couple of bites. I eat lots of nuts, seeds and beans, so that’s where I get most of my carbs.

You said yucca root contains a good intestinal anti-inflammatory agent — what do you do with yucca? I know I’ve seen it in the produce section. Does it need to be cooked?

I make a lot of curries and other dishes that use turmeric and other spices (trying not too make them too spicy hot though). In fact, I ate a very mild curry last night and leftovers today, but the turmeric, garlic, ginger, etc. certainly didn’t help with the inflammation I’ve been having, if that’s what this is.

I’ve been avoiding stress. I’m a contractor, and I actually cut back my hours two weeks ago to try and deal with this and keep stress and overexertion at bay. And I’ve been avoiding pretty much any stressful situations in my personal life as well.

I’ve heard good things about ashwagandha. I know it’s used in Ayurvedic medicine to support adrenals and also for energy and stress. I think I’ll try some. Have you ever taken it? Is is best to take whole plan/leaves/roots?

My ginger tea has licorice root in it, and black pepper which I think is another anti-inflammatory (it also has lemongrass and peppermint — yummy!). Is this something I should drink more often (right now I mostly drink one cup five times a week (at work).

Thanks for reading and any answers you can provide!

helmax
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

This is a great post Able.

I had terrible die off and candida and read this a while back and now both are at least under enough control that i feel like i just might kick this thing. I never thought that before in three years!

Thanks!!
    sky

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

Helmax,
    Did you have seborrheic dermatitis?
    Thanks

helmax
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

timmyb wrote: Helmax,
    Did you have seborrheic dermatitis? Thanks

Nope never had that one, Tim.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Able sunshine33 had some questions here I had have too. Not to ask the same stuff could you answer his questions.

Then I have some additional questions, could you help me with them?

I believe I have a leaky gut as I react to different foods. I tried to find out with a eating manual but dont get it really straight.

If one has a leaky gut why is one reacting only to some food leaking through the guts and not all foods. If food molecules cross into the bloodstream why is the body reacting to lets say, milk products and grains but not to squash, egg or aubergine.

Should a person with a leaky gut not be allergic to all that comes through the intestines.

Now we come to my question of healing a leaky gut. I am on a diet fighting of the candida. I still have the leaky gut problem and need healing on that front too. Here in Sweden I have problems to get real good and strong probiotics and was eating now for two days kefir and ecologist Turkish yoghurt. Strangely I got symptoms back I didn’t have for a long time when I stopped eating milk-products.
    I feel my knees got a inflammation and hurt, and the muscles in my thighs are stiff and hurt. BUT My stomach feels good and I don’t have pain in the stomach after month of suffering a slide burning and pressing sensation.

I am doing something good for my stomach but get an allergic reaction. How can I get out of the loop of problems? Drinking the citron water, I feel its doing me good in one area and messing me up in another. I have much less mucus but I get itchy eyes and a terrible itch anus reaction.

I believe I have to heal the leaky gut quickly so I am able too to drink kefir and use citrone to clean my system.

Do you have any tips and pointers how I can battle on two fronts succesfully? How to heal the gut quickly?

thank you
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Thomas and Sunshine. Your questions and comments are addressed below.

Question: Speaking of apple, is apple pectin an ingredient that is okay on anti-candida diet?

Reply: According to research studies apple pectin acts as a natural treatment for Candida albicans. It does this because it’s a natural prebiotic meaning it feeds the flora in the digestive tract, increasing the population of beneficial bacteria.

Question: Is it better to start eating rice bran and oat bran, or to just continue avoiding pretty much all grains? In the course of my treatment, I’ve eaten a very small amount of rice twice, and tried gluten-free Irish oatmeal but only had a couple of bites. I eat lots of nuts, seeds and beans, so that’s where I get most of my carbs.

Reply: Adding one of these at a time sometime after the initial cleans and starting the diet would be beneficial to the flora because just like the apple pectin, these are prebiotics which feed the flora.

Question: You said yucca root contains a good intestinal anti-inflammatory agent – what do you do with yucca? I know I’ve seen it in the produce section. Does it need to be cooked?

Reply: Taking the yucca herb directly by the concentration in capsules would be easier. You can purchase these at vitamin stores as well as online.

Quote (Sunshine): I make a lot of curries and other dishes that use turmeric and other spices (trying not too make them too spicy hot though). In fact, I ate a very mild curry last night and leftovers today, but the turmeric, garlic, ginger, etc. certainly didn’t help with the inflammation I’ve been having, if that’s what this is.

Reply: Curing the inflammation which was caused by the Candida infestation will come slowing as you progress with the treatment. As you heal the infestation, you’ll be healing the inflammation at the same time.

Question: I’ve heard good things about Ashwagandha. I know it’s used in Ayurvedic medicine to support adrenals and also for energy and stress. I think I’ll try some. Have you ever taken it? Is is best to take whole plan/leaves/roots?

Reply: This is another herb that you can take easily in a capsule form, of course powders of just about any herb are also a good choice, that is if you can find a good quality.
    I’ve taken this herb for approximately eight years as a general stress-reducer. I would say, of all the herbs I’ve studied and experimented with, this is my favorite and most useful by far. According to many research papers, it contains a high quality of anti-stress adaptogenic activities.

Question: My ginger tea has licorice root in it, and black pepper which I think is another anti-inflammatory (it also has lemongrass and peppermint — yummy!). Is this something I should drink more often (right now I mostly drink one cup five times a week (at work).

Reply: Drink whatever amount you wish to; again, these products are not going to actually cure the inflammation until the infestation is close to a cure, but they may help to alleviate some of the symptoms of inflammation. Always be sure to use organic teas as they are more likely to be mold-free.

Question: Should a person with a leaky gut not be allergic to all that comes through the intestines?

Reply: Not necessarily. This really depends on how long a person has had the Leaky Gut Syndrome and to what degree. Of course, the longer the syndrome goes on, the more likely a person is to contract additional allergies.

Question: Here in Sweden I have problems to get real good and strong probiotics and was eating now for two days kefir and ecologist Turkish yoghurt. Strangely I got symptoms back I didn’t have for a long time when I stopped eating milk-products.

Reply: You can make your own yogurt with goat’s milk or coconut milk if you can get a good non-sweetened organic yogurt as a starter or even a starter kit for yogurt. I just posted the directions for doing this.

Question: I am doing something good for my stomach but get an allergic reaction. How can I get out of the loop of problems? Drinking the citron water, I feel its doing me good in one area and messing me up in another. I have much less mucus but I get itchy eyes and a terrible itch anus reaction.

Reply: I don’t know from where the citrons originate when purchased in Sweden, but I know that Korean citrons have a higher sugar content. If the citrons are creating itchiness, then it’s probably feeding the Candida at least to a small degree. I think I would avoid these for a while if you can manage without it.

Question: I believe I have to heal the leaky gut quickly so I am able too to drink kefir and use citrone to clean my system.

Reply: Kefir and yogurt both can be made from goat’s milk or unsweetened coconut milk. You may want to consider one of these for making your yogurt and kefir.

Question: Do you have any tips and pointers how I can battle on two fronts successfully? How to heal the gut quickly?

Reply: If you’re not taking a form of bitter herbs, preferably alcohol-free Grape Bitters or Swedish Bitters, these will help heal the syndrome. As I stated before, as you heal the infestation, the leaky gut will also heal. The best remedy for both will be a strong probiotic, whether obtained from kefir and yogurt or a probiotic capsule, or all three. Healing from the damage that a Candida albicans infestation causes doesn’t normally occur in few weeks or even months as damaged intestines simply take time to heal, but know that you are healing as you remain on the diet and take the necessary supplements, this can’t be denied if you are following the protocol outlined and not wandering from it at all.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Able

Thomas

Thank you Able!!!!!!
    yours

Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Thomas, check your yogurt to determine how much sugar is in it per serving. Greek yogurt has the lowest amount at 7-11g per serving. Regular yogurt has something like 20+g of sugar per serving. Thats why we recommend greek yogurt.

If you check your citron water, see what the ingredients are. If any sugar is mentioned, I would avoid it.

Great ways to cure leaky gut include the bitters; supposedly spanish bitters are one of the most effective and strong versions of biters. I would also eat plenty of rice and oat bran, this can heal the leaky gut as well. If you buy some inulin, you can add this to the breads/yogurt/anything which will also heal your gut. At our vitamin store here, the inulin is called miracle fiber.

I also take a homeopathic to heal the leaky gut but don’t want to promote homeopathics as a remedy.

-Raster

Thomas

raster wrote: Thomas, check your yogurt to determine how much sugar is in it per serving. Greek yogurt has the lowest amount at 7-11g per serving. Regular yogurt has something like 20+g of sugar per serving. Thats why we recommend greek yogurt.

If you check your citron water, see what the ingredients are. If any sugar is mentioned, I would avoid it.

Great ways to cure leaky gut include the bitters; supposedly spanish bitters are one of the most effective and strong versions of biters. I would also eat plenty of rice and oat bran, this can heal the leaky gut as well. If you buy some inulin, you can add this to the breads/yogurt/anything which will also heal your gut. At our vitamin store here, the inulin is called miracle fiber.

I also take a homeopathic to heal the leaky gut but don’t want to promote homeopathics as a remedy.

-Raster

Hello Raster,
    thanks a lot for your help, I was a bit astonished about the rice, the oats and the inulin? Is not rice a no no for us? Well, I found a critical article about inulin.
    I will not take any sides but we have to check everything and keep the best. What do you think about this article?

The bad properties of inulin:

Manufacturers claim that inulin/FOS specifically feeds only good bacteria. Unfortunately, this isn’t reality. A good example is Klebsiella. Recent studies have shown that inulin/FOS encourages the growth of Klebsiella, a bacteria implicated in Ankylosing Spondylitis and in increased intestinal permeability (leaky gut). Although present in the colon of most people, it is held in check by beneficial bacteria and is harmless WITHIN the colon. Once it gets to other areas of the body, Klebsiella becomes a major cause of infection (and sometimes death), causing serious infections in the urinary tract, pneumonia and in wounds. Inulin/FOS may indeed promote the growth of lactobacillus bacteria, but what other potentially harmful bacteria are being fed at the same time? Furthermore, many different species of yeast are able to utilize inulin/FOS for energy including Candida Albicans. (highlighted by thomas)

the entire article is coming from here:
    http://www.naturalnews.com/022356.html

I am going to check the yoghurt and the kefir but as I remember they are natural and very low on sugar.

yours
    thomas

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Thomas. Very good point in your post, and I’m glad you asked the question.

All bacteria feed on both inulin and FOS because both are fibers. So of course inulin feeds the bacteria Klebsiella just the same as it does the beneficial bacteria. But this doesn’t say that it’s going to cause a dangerous overgrowth of Klebsiella or any pathogen. And if it does, then we’d all better stop eating vegetables, avocados, and oat bran as well as all the other healthy foods that feed our flora, because they’re all feeding the bad bacteria as well since they all contain naturally occurring FOS and inulin.

What a lot of research does is to overlook one fact; that is, what takes place in a Petri dish doesn’t necessary occur in the human body. Yes, Klebsiella can be placed in a Petri dish and given inulin and it will eat and grow, but in the human intestines the Klebsiella are competing for food and space with the trillions of beneficial bacteria we hope we have in our system as well.

In addition, and this is important, the beneficial bacteria we have are capable of producing acids which are dangerous to and can destroy such pathogens as Klebsiella but not the beneficial flora.

So yes, Klebsiella feed on inulin, but that fact doesn’t mean it’s going to grow out of control anymore than eating a salad does.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Rice bran is allowed because it contains the healthy non-gluten non-starch part of the rice, it is completely different than regular rice in other words. Same with the oat bran. This doesn’t apply to regular oats, or regular rice…just the bran.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Die-off Dangers’ is closed to new replies.