Die Off Curiosities

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Die Off Curiosities

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lily 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

disco flavor
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 8

Just out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for the symptoms of Candida die-off to surface? I’m on day 3 right now, and though I’ve had a mild headache or two, I can’t say they were anything too out of the ordinary. Hoping my die-off isn’t so bad…

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

They usually surface w/i the first two weeks. Depends on the severity of your candida, your symptoms, and how well you’re sticking to the diet. Drink tons of water in the next week or two to help yourself ease through it more gently, too πŸ™‚

Hope it continues to go well for you!

disco flavor

Thanks for the tip! I’m now on day 9 and sticking to the diet perfectly without exception. Still no die-off symptoms. If I get through two weeks and still don’t experience anything, should I take it as a cue that Candida might not be the source of my problems?

Hope

You know, I had really slight die off symptoms. Nothing like some of the really intense symptoms others on this board are suffering through. I had about a week of pronounced fatigue and some mood swinginess, but that’s about it. I was drinking a TON of water everyday, and I weaned myself off of caffeine gradually (I was off completely by about Day 10), so I don’t really know how much that had to do with it or not. I haven’t had to use prescription antifungals yet, either. I just stuck to garlic capsules and extra virgin coconut oil. All through the first month I wondered if I was doing all this for no good reason. Well, I’m just beginning week 8 of the diet and I’m finally feeling a HUGE change!!! I can tell a clear difference between before the diet and now, even though my candida symptoms weren’t off the charts beforehand. So, I’m really glad I’ve done the diet and that I didn’t give up within that first month or so πŸ™‚

I’d say, if you have enough symptoms to even suspect candida, just stick with it. It may take several weeks before you start to see any change or noticeable difference.

Hope this helps πŸ™‚

Hope

I should say the big change for me *started* around week 6. It’s been 2 full weeks of feelings really great, though! πŸ™‚

disco flavor

Awesome! That’s enough to keep me going. Thanks for the advice!

Jackie R
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 22

Its really encouraging to hear about how well people feel after 6/7 weeks into the diet, cant wait!! After only a week into the diet, I can notice that the ‘rush’ I associated with so many foods has gone, I now feel full, nothing esle! Its strange , but good!!

Lily
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 42

I’m only on day 2 of detox (had no alcohol since Sunday though) and have really limited yeasty, sugary foods all week. Began the detox yesterday. Already I have noticed I’m not craving sugar and don’t feel desperately hungry most of the time. Plus I woke up this morning and for the first time in over 8 months I had no white plaque on my tongue! It’s still slightly red and sore but it’s appearance has improved already.
    As well as doing the diet my doc has given me anti fungal meds to take (tried nystatin and it didn’t work). I’ve noticed for the first couple of hours after taking the tablet I have a headache and feel slightly nauseous. Rest of the day though I feel fine!
    Determined to stick with it although I must admit I will really miss having a glass of wine at the weekend. Even if it is poisonous to me!

Jackie R
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 22

You’ll probably find that ., if you do have a drink, it doesn’t taste quite the same, and you just don’t want to have more than the odd mouthful. That’s what I’ve found – I’ve been doing this for almost two weeks , now.

Lily

so have you actually had a small amount of alcohol during your two weeks? did it have any effects?

ive2apples
    Topics: 0

Lily wrote: I’m only on day 2 of detox (had no alcohol since Sunday though) and have really limited yeasty, sugary foods all week. Began the detox yesterday. Already I have noticed I’m not craving sugar and don’t feel desperately hungry most of the time. Plus I woke up this morning and for the first time in over 8 months I had no white plaque on my tongue! It’s still slightly red and sore but it’s appearance has improved already.
    As well as doing the diet my doc has given me anti fungal meds to take (tried nystatin and it didn’t work). I’ve noticed for the first couple of hours after taking the tablet I have a headache and feel slightly nauseous. Rest of the day though I feel fine!
    Determined to stick with it although I must admit I will really miss having a glass of wine at the weekend. Even if it is poisonous to me!

In your place I would stick to a 100% natural anti candida diet!!! Chemicals will just stuck your system. If they “work”, they are just making your body spending energy detoxifying those chemicals, so it looks like candida is gone…. However, when your body gets rid of the chemicals, it will go back to the stage before, but this time you will get a worst candida episode. Do you know why? Because the body was busy for a while with something else… Candida is an auto immune reaction of your body trying to protect your organs against something worst.

Keep well.

Hope

Even if you don’t notice obvious symptoms, alcohol is going to be feeding candida, making the process of getting rid of it longer and more difficult than it would be otherwise. Regular use of even a little alcohol on the diet is going to make it impossible to get rid of the candida thoroughly. You have to decide how much you want your candida issues gone. Although it sounds like it would be exactly what you want to hear, any advice encouraging a taste here and there of alcohol is working against the diet, and prolonging your candida.

Try to focus on all of the foods you **can** eat and learning to enjoy them or make them in ways that you can really like. Focusing on all the foods you can’t have is just a huge downer, and not very motivating at all.

Hope this helps!

Hope

Just a note – you may want to prepare yourself now. Alcohol is not reintroduced until Stage 3 of the diet, and even then in very small amounts. Even non-alcoholic beer has small amounts of alcohol that are best avoided. Just to give you an idea, I’m not even using vanilla extract that has alcohol in it while I’m on the diet. I’m avoiding it that closely. So, it’s not like the diet allows alcohol after 2 weeks. I’m sorry, I know this is hard! But it will be SOOOOOO worth it! Really πŸ™‚ It gets easier after the first 2 weeks. Your cravings will lessen and your body will be more adjusted to the new foods. Keep at it!!! You’ll be so glad you did.

Lily

Hi Hope, stage 3? Yikes! I’m on day 5 of stage 1 now and although not having a glass of wine didn’t bother me during the week, at the weekend I would have liked one. I refrained though! Was so close to making a cup of coffee yesterday too. Feel less obsessed today about what I CAN’T have and as you said trying to focus on what I CAN have. I do feel there is something lacking though. Sweetness! I’m so used to having a biscuit or dessert after a meal that I find it hard not to have that sweet kick after a meal. Hoping I just get used to it

veg2
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 27

I agree, I am fine with the diet for the time being, but it seems like some things are just never really reintroduced. I don’t want to go on a bender but it’d be nice to be able to enjoy a cocktail at some point! I’m at 5 weeks, I’ve been very strict thus far but it’s so discouraging with how long this process is. Going to restaurants or happy hours or having a beer or glass of wine at the end of the week are things I miss. I’m enjoying eating healthy foods but losing my patience with not knowing when I can just relax a bit with all of this.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Die Off Curiosities’ is closed to new replies.