Die-off Caused by Just Quitting Beer/Sugar

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Die-off Caused by Just Quitting Beer/Sugar

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ralph99xyz 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ralph99xyz
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 10

Is it possible to be going through die-off from just eating healthier and not consuming soda and not drinking alcohol? For many years, my 2 vices were sugary sodas and beer. I used to drink two cokes a day and average probably 8-10 beers a week for a long time.

About a month and a half ago I had some constipation, and decided to take Walgreen’s 2.5 billion count basic probiotics, and I also quit sugar and alcohol completely. Ever since then, I have basically felt like my body is going through detox/die-off.

For the first 2 weeks while on the probiotics I lost about 7 pounds. I also had bizarre stools including diarrhea/yeast/mucous/pieces of food and other strange substances, but that has gotten better over time. 3 days into the probiotics my entire tongue had a white/yellowish coating on it, and I started wheezing a little. I went to the doc thinking I had a gastro instestinal infection or parasite, and my 3 stool tests came back negative for ova/parasites and bacteria, except one said “moderate yeast.” I thought I might have cyclospora b/c I eat lot of salads at restaurants, but that test just came back as negative also. The doc also ordered an HIV test which came back negative. I had 2 sets of full panel blood tests, both came back normal. Once I stopped the probiotics about 3 weeks ago, my weight loss stabilized and the yellow coating on my tongue has decreased. Doc gave me a prescription for Diflucan, but I haven’t taken it out of fear of the intense die-off that might cause.

Anyway, things are better than they were, but I am still seeing strange symptoms. The main things I am seeing right now are cloudy/soft/watery stools once a day (but overall the stool looks MUCH more normal than it did a few weeks ago), stomach gurgles early in the morning before I wake up, and I sometimes have slight flu-like symptoms/nausea right before I eat or after a nap. My tongue still has a yellow coating on the back, and it comes and goes. The wheezing has gone away. I can eat as much as I normally would, and eating always makes the nausea/flu-symptoms go away. Taking a bath seems to also help relieve flu-like symptoms/slight nausea. I have never vomited, I do not have any heartburn or pain, and no blood in stool. Friends have said my skin looks better, and I actually feel stronger in the gym even though I have lost weight.

I have a few times in the past month eaten raw garlic when making dinner, or lots of raw onions with a sandwich, or taken one small teaspoon of Nutiva coconut oil, and that makes me feel really bad for a few hours, but sometimes not until a lot later in the day. It also increases my watery cloudy stools the next day. But I haven’t eaten any antifungals in a week or so and haven’t taken probiotics in 3 weeks and I am still seeing die-off symptoms.

Is it possible that quitting beer and coca cola/processed sugar cold-turkey combined with the couple of weeks of probiotics and an occasional anti-fungal food has created a perpetual detox/die off in my system without really doing a full fledged candida fighting program? I am assuming right now that the cloudy/watery stool and even the yeast in my stool test is good–at least I think that means dead yeast is coming out of me. All of this is very bizarre to me. I am glad there is a board like this that I can explain all of this. My doctor thinks I am nuts.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Yes Ralph I think you are getting die-off. In order to prevent die-off you should protect your liver and kidneys from the die-off toxins. If you do not do this, your kidneys and liver may become damaged and you will have to heal these seperately at a later time.

Also, if you are not doing the candida diet, then you are feeding the yeast and killing it daily, and this isn’t a good thing and will lead to more problems down the road.

If you want to convince yourself that you have a gut flora imbalance, all you need to do is take an antifungal such as 2 cloves of garlic and see how bad you feel. A normal person shouldn’t feel bad after taking some garlic. A different antifungal might be a better one to test with because garlic is anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial.

We all have parasites and we all have candida…we just have them at different levels.

Your doctor knows you have a yeast problem because he prescribed diflucan.

-raster

Ralph99xyz

Thank you Raster. I agree with everything you are saying. That is exactly what I was thinking. I am feeding and killing it daily. I almost believe that when I am feeling well that means the yeast are happy (which is not good) and when I am feeling a little ill that means yeast are dying. Very counter-intuitive. I already tried your experiment on the garlic and I definitely felt bad the next morning. Same thing happened when I ate a lot of raw onions on a sandwich or took a spoonful of coconut oil. I feel bad afterward every time. It proves that I have a gut imbalance. No doubt in my mind. Who knew that quitting drinking beer can actually be bad for your liver, b/c of the die off/detox. No wonder so many people have such a hard time quitting bad habits. Thank you again for your comments. It feels good to just get this off my chest. I am going to ease my way into the candida diet. Sandwich bread and potatoes are going to be the hardest. I only eat wheat bread, but I guess that is no good either.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Ralph99xyz

Thank you, I will read all of these. I purchased the Molybdenum linked on one of your posts from Amazon. I am taking this really slow–my die off effects right now are from basically doing nothing other than not drinking alcohol or eating/drinking any sugar, and just eating healthier. I stopped probiotics and antifungal foods for now, and will not reintroduce them until I am 100% educated on this process. I had no idea about any of this when I started a probiotic in early July, which is what I think triggered a lot of my symptoms. Now I understand I wasn’t ready for a probiotic at that point.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Die-off Caused by Just Quitting Beer/Sugar’ is closed to new replies.