Die off and Antifungals – advice please

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Die off and Antifungals – advice please

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

shannonkv
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 26

Sorry to beat a dead horse here, but I am looking for clarification.

I have been on the candida diet for a little over 2 months now (wow, feels so much longer!) and have noticed small improvements, such as waking up on the weekends at a decent time, instead of late morning/ noon and not feeling exhausted by 6pm during the work week.

On Monday I started feeling die off symptoms again, which I have not had for several weeks now. I had been taking several antifungals, but have since switched over to probiotics – 50 billion with 10 strains and a seperate probiotic with just DDS-1.

The antifungals I am taking are in homemade cookies, containing oat bran, buckwheat flour, coconut flour, coconut oil, eggs and cinnamon.

I’m just wondering was it too soon to cut back on the antifungals; should I be taking more antifungals in addition to the probiotics at this point?

Is it normal to experience a second round of semi-severe die off? (headaches, sick stomach, ear ache, sore throat/ chest).

My diet has been fairly strict I believe:

eggs, veggie smoothies (made of lettuce, italian parsley and/ or spinach, lemon juice, water), probiotic yogurt with flax seed, eggs, cucumber, brown rice and a few times a week chicken (some grain fed/ some not) and the homemade cookies as mentioned above.

Thanks for the help!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I still got die-off after a year on the diet occasionally when I would take antifungals after a break or after the yeast came back when I cheated, so its definitely possible.

I took antifungals until I felt relatively normal personally but everyone can come up with their own timeline to take them.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I have been on the candida diet for a little over 2 months now (wow, feels so much longer!) and have noticed small improvements, such as waking up on the weekends at a decent time, instead of late morning/ noon and not feeling exhausted by 6pm during the work week.

On Monday I started feeling die off symptoms again, which I have not had for several weeks now. I had been taking several antifungals, but have since switched over to probiotics – 50 billion with 10 strains and a separate probiotic with just DDS-1.

Your new die-off experience is due to the addition of the DDS-1 bacteria strain. This is a very powerful strain against Candida, especially when you first start using it.

The antifungals I am taking are in homemade cookies, containing oat bran, buckwheat flour, coconut flour, coconut oil, eggs and cinnamon.

These cookies are not so much an antifungal, but rather they’re a very good prebiotic. This means that the cookies are feeding the beneficial bacteria (including the DDS1 strain) which in turn are helping them to multiply, so definitely continue with these. Prebiotics can sometimes cause the bacteria to increase enough to cause more die-off.

I’m just wondering was it too soon to cut back on the antifungals; should I be taking more antifungals in addition to the probiotics at this point?

Since the cookies are not an antifungal, you should continue to eat these every day.

Are you on any other antifungal supplement? You didn’t mention taking virgin coconut oil by the teaspoon. If you’re not doing this, then you should be. Start with one teaspoon a day and add another one every two to three days depending on the die-off symptoms.

Are you taking Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate and Candidate by Native Remedies for the die-off toxins? You should also drink a lot of water during the die-off episodes to wash the toxins from your body; in fact, you should drink a lot of water throughout your treatment.

Is it normal to experience a second round of semi-severe die off? (headaches, sick stomach, ear ache, sore throat/ chest).

It’s perfectly normal, especially if you add or change something in the treatment such as you have by adding the DDS-1 strain of bacteria.

Sounds like you’re doing well if you’re staying on the strict diet. Cheating can also cause die-off because it allows the Candida to multiply; therefore you have more Candida to kill and cause the die-off to increase.

Able

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Die off and Antifungals – advice please’ is closed to new replies.