die off after 6 weeks of diet???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions die off after 6 weeks of diet???

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kritter0622 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

kritter0622
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 6

I have been following the candida diet for 6 weeks and I have been seeing a naturopath and taking supplements he has prescribed. I did not experience any die off symptoms during the first few weeks of my diet, although now I am feeling some of the symptoms such as headache, stomach cramping, skin irritations and itchiness, headache and sore muscles. My previous candida symptoms are almost gone, but now I have these new symptoms. I have been very strict on the candida diet and I have lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks as well. Has anyone else experienced die off this late in the diet???

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

kritter0622;30527 wrote: I have been following the candida diet for 6 weeks and I have been seeing a naturopath and taking supplements he has prescribed. I did not experience any die off symptoms during the first few weeks of my diet, although now I am feeling some of the symptoms such as headache, stomach cramping, skin irritations and itchiness, headache and sore muscles. My previous candida symptoms are almost gone, but now I have these new symptoms. I have been very strict on the candida diet and I have lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks as well. Has anyone else experienced die off this late in the diet???

Yes, die-off can last for many months, especially if you eat any foods that feed the Candida.
    Which diet are you on, the one on the website or one that the doctor gave you? Also, what are the supplements he has you taking?

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you are following the website’s diet, this is not very strict and could be prolonging the time when you experience die-off.

-raster

kritter0622

Able900;30531 wrote:

I have been following the candida diet for 6 weeks and I have been seeing a naturopath and taking supplements he has prescribed. I did not experience any die off symptoms during the first few weeks of my diet, although now I am feeling some of the symptoms such as headache, stomach cramping, skin irritations and itchiness, headache and sore muscles. My previous candida symptoms are almost gone, but now I have these new symptoms. I have been very strict on the candida diet and I have lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks as well. Has anyone else experienced die off this late in the diet???

Yes, die-off can last for many months, especially if you eat any foods that feed the Candida.
    Which diet are you on, the one on the website or one that the doctor gave you? Also, what are the supplements he has you taking?

Able

I am following the diet the doctor gave me. I am currently taking berberine and a product called Lipo-plus which includes a number of supplements including choline, inositol, dl-methionine, dandelion root, silybum seed, milk thistle, and a little bit of others.

Able900
    Spectator

kritter0622;30540 wrote: I am following the diet the doctor gave me. I am currently taking berberine and a product called Lipo-plus which includes a number of supplements including choline, inositol, dl-methionine, dandelion root, silybum seed, milk thistle, and a little bit of others.

If you’ll take the time to list the foods that are on your diet, we’ll have a look at them as that may be part of your problem. You should have experienced die-off symptoms long before two weeks were up. The other thing that I know is a big part of your problem is the berberine you’re taking. Do you know why the doctor put you on this, other than the fact that he isn’t very smart when it comes to a Candida overgrowth?

Not only does berberine cause potassium to be depleted from your body, but it also damages the intestinal lining and destroys the beneficial flora in the intestines. Building the flora is what will lead to your ultimate cure, but you’ll never accomplish that as long as your putting berberine in there. Sounds a little like the doc wants to keep you coming back indefinitely.

Able

kritter0622

Able900;30542 wrote:

I am following the diet the doctor gave me. I am currently taking berberine and a product called Lipo-plus which includes a number of supplements including choline, inositol, dl-methionine, dandelion root, silybum seed, milk thistle, and a little bit of others.

If you’ll take the time to list the foods that are on your diet, we’ll have a look at them as that may be part of your problem. You should have experienced die-off symptoms long before two weeks were up. The other thing that I know is a big part of your problem is the berberine you’re taking. Do you know why the doctor put you on this, other than the fact that he isn’t very smart when it comes to a Candida overgrowth?

Not only does berberine cause potassium to be depleted from your body, but it also damages the intestinal lining and destroys the beneficial flora in the intestines. Building the flora is what will lead to your ultimate cure, but you’ll never accomplish that as long as your putting berberine in there. Sounds a little like the doc wants to keep you coming back indefinitely.

Able

Hmmm..that’s interesting. The research I did also supports berberine for candida. Can you tell me more about the negative effects of berberine and candida?

kritter0622

kritter0622;30543 wrote:

Able

Hmmm..that’s interesting. The research I did also supports berberine for candida. Can you tell me more about the negative effects of berberine and candida?

I should also mention I take a multi-probiotic ..25 billion active cells a day.

Able900
    Spectator

kritter0622;30543 wrote: Hmmm..that’s interesting. The research I did also supports berberine for candida. Can you tell me more about the negative effects of berberine and candida?

As you read these reports, keep in mind that, as I’ve mentioned before, you can’t stop a Candida infestation from growing without an ample supply of beneficial flora in the intestines.

On the surface, berberine may look like just another strong antifungal, which is exactly what it is. However, looking into the research on berberine, you begin to see the negative effects of this herb. Below are some of the studies to which I am referring.

http://www.akademiai.com/content/73653p7571423177/ (The Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry)

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf980991o (Division of Applied Biology and Chemistry and Research Center for New-Biomaterials in Agriculture, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University)

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf990862n (School of Agricultural Biotechnology)

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

So are you eating rice kritter? What about fruits, potatoes, corn? These all could set back your treatment and the time when you experience die-off because all of these items are beneficial for candida and not fighting it.

I don’t know much about berberine but I would consider it as a last resort antifungal myself.

-raster

kritter0622

raster;30585 wrote: So are you eating rice kritter? What about fruits, potatoes, corn? These all could set back your treatment and the time when you experience die-off because all of these items are beneficial for candida and not fighting it.

I don’t know much about berberine but I would consider it as a last resort antifungal myself.

-raster

I am eating a couple of servings of brown organic rice per week…no potatoes, no corn, and I just started eating a couple of low sugar fruits per week. I must say that I am feeling a whole lot better than I did 6 weeks ago. My candida symptoms were mostly nausea and vomiting, stomach upset with severe pain at the top of my stomach and lots of constipation and diarrhea. These symptoms have subsided to a point to where I can at least function in life.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘die off after 6 weeks of diet???’ is closed to new replies.