Die off?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  debthebee 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sarah
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 24

I’m on day 14 of the candida diet now. Yesterday and today I’ve felt lousy. I suspect this is candida die-off but I’d definitely feel better w/ some encouragement or reassurance. My skin and scalp itch like crazy, my sinuses are stuffy and inflamed, and my digestion has been… uncomfortable. Pretty much all the symptoms I’m hoping to get rid of.

Have others found that their die-off symptoms were the same sorts as their original candida problems?

Aside from loads of water, any suggestions for managing the discomfort?

I’m hoping this improves soon.

kelandu
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 63

Hi , i too go through this on a regular basis. It makes you question whether its die off or allergic reactions. If you are following the diet and not cheating then take it its a die off. If however you have eaten something you shouldnt have then take it that its a reaction.
    Saying that its complicated because I cant eat tomatoes without itching to death and yet I am allowed them.
    I write down everything I eat and then do an elimination. I know now pretty much what to avoid but I am going for an allergy test so I dont ave to use myself as a guinea pig lol.
    Ive also read that taking large doses of vitamin c helps with die off. you cant overdose on it because it flushes out.
    Do the food dairy , keep to the diet and stay with it. Its horrible but if its die off it wont last long. Look after yourself
    kelly

sarah

Thank you, Kelly. I have been following things to a T. The only thing I had the past few days that I hadn’t eaten prior on the diet is plain unsweetened yogurt. I’m going to drop that the next couple days and see if there’s any improvement. I think an allergy test would likely be worthwhile, too. I’m tired of not being able to breathe!

kelandu
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 63

Hi Sarah
    just letting you know I went for the allergy test and got told it was a waste of time, basically my diet is so restrictive I only ate the veg and meat on a list of 200 things lol. they said it wouldnt be accurate as we can become senstive to anything if we are ill etc.
    Its a hard thing to go through isnt it? some days i feel like giving up because i think iif Im going to be ill while I am giving it 100% then i might as well eat the chocolate and stuff myself with the foods i miss and just be ill anyway lol
    Ive been on this diet for 3 months now so I expect to be feeling much better but I think its easy to get upset on a bad day and think its all never going to end.
    At least we know we are not alone!
    take care
    kelly x

sarah

Wow, 3 months is a long time to be sticking with it and not feel well again. I’m only on day 18 myself. I totally sympathize w/ wanting to eat junk when feeling like crud. I’m paying way more for food (money we really can’t afford), spending hours cooking, eating this limited selection of food faithfully… but still can’t breathe through my nose half the time. :/ What is normal in terms of how long it takes for candida to die off? It varies, doesn’t it? Wish I knew for sure what to expect. I’m slightly apprehensive about adding foods back/ heading into Stage 2 when I’m still having what I believe are candida symptoms; how am I going to know for sure which foods are causing me problems if I’m having problems to begin with? But at the same time, reminding myself it’s not long until Stage 1 is over has been helping me stick strictly to the foods to eat list. I don’t mean to just rant on complaining though. I appreciate the support. We will see what happens in the days to come.

JustSayNOYeast
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Hi Sarah,

I believe I too, am experiencing Die-off. I’m on Day 7 now and have headaches, but they are not at all like the sinus pressure ones I was experiencing before. So I can only assume it’s a die-off headache.

I also have itchy skin, which I am told the “dry-brushing” will help. I just need to find the time to do it, as my morning routine is already filled with all these added rituals due to the Candida diet.

Also experiencing tingling limbs that either easily fall asleep and have sensitivity to hot and cold. And, oh yeah, the achy joints I was forewarned about. But yoga & Thai massage seem to help.

The last new symptom, and my least favourite, is the light headed-ness. It’s not debilitating, or making me a danger on the road, but it certainly makes life “interesting” at the moment.

Other than that, I really do feel great! People are already noticing and telling me how great I look, so I’m gonna hang in there. I hope you do too. 😀

sarah

Yes! My hands have been falling asleep like crazy. I sew for a living so it’s truly inconvenient LOL.

But I am beginning to feel better. I’m hopeful that the worst is past and I’ll be feeling great soon!

debthebee
    Topics: 4

I’m on Day 1 today and didn’t think I’d be experiencing die off symptoms so soon but I’ve had a headache all day (although this could be caffeine withdrawal) and as the day has gone on I’ve felt tired, really nauseous and had a lot of bloating. I feel really full and can’t even drink anything right now even though I ate around 3 hours ago and that was a salad and nuts/seeds.

Is it ok to take painkillers? The headache just got so bad I couldn’t deal with it so I took some ibuprofen.

sarah

Yes, ibuprofin is allowed.

I seem to be past the die-off now (hooray!) and am feeling MUCH better.

michellecx
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

It really is crazy to see how different the die off is for everyone. This is the first time in 10 years that I have actually looked on a forum (this is a bit of a discovery)
    As above – Pain killers are fine although often they made no difference when it came to head/ear aches. Like most of the over-counter products I guess.

Michelle

debthebee
    Topics: 4

Sarah how long did your die off last? I woke up feeling a bit rough today and still with a headache. I made that colon cleansing drink with betonite clay and psyllium husk after breakfast and I nearly brought it up! It was so disgusting. How does anyone manage to swallow that stuff?? Also the taste of fruit teas are making me want to throw up. Don’t know why…really wish I could have some normal tea with milk!

I got worse last night and eventually threw up. Felt a bit better after that but didn’t really manage dinner because I was so ill and I can just imagine all the nutrients I brought up!

I thought ibuprofen might be bad because I’ve heard it affects your liver or something. I’m taking milk thistle too so don’t want to cancel out any good that’s doing but have bought some paracetamol now to use instead. Am feeling ok for the time being but just don’t feel great still. I hope that it doesn’t feel like this all the way through!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Die off?’ is closed to new replies.