Did you experience stress over many years prior to your yeast infection?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Did you experience stress over many years prior to your yeast infection?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

I have tried to dig around for a common thing in people who get an overgrowth of yeast/candida albicans. What seems to be common is prolonged stress, PTSD, depression, abuse, childhood problems etc. of course, among other things like antibiotics etc.
    I myself experienced a lot of stress growing up, and had early candida signs in 3-4th grade already (rashes after eating sugar and more).

Just be aware of that having candida generates stress, and this makes you feel stressed out too, but think of the time prior to the normal signs of candida.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

klips32;54264 wrote: I have tried to dig around for a common thing in people who get an overgrowth of yeast/candida albicans. What seems to be common is prolonged stress, PTSD, depression, abuse, childhood problems etc. of course, among other things like antibiotics etc.
    I myself experienced a lot of stress growing up, and had early candida signs in 3-4th grade already (rashes after eating sugar and more).

Just be aware of that having candida generates stress, and this makes you feel stressed out too, but think of the time prior to the normal signs of candida.

Nice observation.
    This may be a reason that some cant heal for years,while others heal in months.

Stress does so much to our physiology and well-being that it can not be over-stated.

It can cause vitamin and mineral deficiencies, and neurologically speaking, it teaches your brain to make choices that will support the neurotransmitter release that is dominant-
    even if its not in your best interest.( Dr Joe Dispenza,Candace Pert)

I can testify that the stress I have been living the last few years has been a contributor to my candida situation. No question.

I think too many people view stress as normal.

Im not talking “late for work” stress, or “study for an exam” stress, but stress that causes fight-or-flight hormone release. Constant abuse of this stress changes your brain chemistry to encourage suicidal thoughts and actions.

Good thing is that this is completely reversible.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well I don’t have stress and haven’t ever really had stress so I don’t think this applies to everyone…

-raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Did you experience stress over many years prior to your yeast infection?’ is closed to new replies.