Did anyone else start this journey with Oral Thrush…from Antibiotics?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Did anyone else start this journey with Oral Thrush…from Antibiotics?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hy 7 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

I’m wondering how many on this forum started this journey with Oral Thrush? In late October I went to Dr. with a basic cold. However, I was loosing lots of hair, had put on some extra weight, having major hot and cold flashes, and always felt run down and stressed out. I spoke with Dr. about a thyroid problem? She had blood drawn, gave me antibiotics for my cough and I was off. At the time I also had very high blood pressure that was odd for me. After being on the antibiotics for about 4 days my mouth broke out into thrush. It was awful. Went back to my (real) doctor and he informed me I never needed the antibiotics that my blood work came back fine and I had a virus. Also said no signs of thyroid problem. He gave me a perscription for nysatin and said I would feel better by Thanksgiving. I told him I read on line that morning that it was difficult to get rid of. He just kept repeating I would feel better by Thanksgiving…no straight answer and then he rushed me out.

Yesterday I posted how I threw up all Friday night. Saturday I ate a 1/2 a cucumber, zuchinni, onions and garlic for dinner and lots of water.

Today I wake up with a white coating all over my tongue. It appears the thrush is back.

I’m pulling coconut oil….

I’m wondering if I had Candida deep with in. All along I keep telling myself I’m different. I don’t have it like everyone else here. I didn’t have leaky gut, I didn’t have skin problems etc. However, I’m wondering almost if I have it worse as I can’t seem to get better and every time I go off the beaten track just a slight bit I get hit really hard.

I believe I will go back to the start of the diet and start over…but that scares me too because I got so much better once I ate greek yogurt and kefir. I’m so frustrated and don’t know what to do. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thankfully,

Jackie

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

My favorite “teach” … you have a private message.

Jackie2
    Participant

Able,
    Your the best. I answered your PM.

I’m supposed to go to Mayo Clinic on the 26th to be checked out. But I don’t know by who or what they even know about this. Was thinking it was a waste of time and $$ and thought since Lucy was doing so well I was not far behind. But I am so darn far behind….

I feel so good. Healthy! I don’t know why I’m not getting better.

I have never had any rice, beans, oats, nothing…you know what my screw ups have been but why am I not getting better.

Do I need to go back to the start and begin again.

I am not even eating green apples…

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Oral Thrush isn’t a common symptoms of CRC. For instance, my own case where I took broad spectrum antibiotics for almost 3 continue months and I never developed it. I have a serious intestinal overgrowth and have shared information with many people who are dealing with this syndrome, but they never report oral thrush. Oral thrush is very common in babies when they haven’t develop a complete immune system yet. In adults, it is more associate to immune problems.
    The books about this syndrome rarely mention oral thrush. White tongue is very common but oral candidiasis is rare with this syndrome.

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

Jackie, big hugs! I feel frustrated just like you. To answer you original question — mine started with a case of thrush that just would not quit while nursing my baby after having to use a nipple shield. We battled it for months .., thought it was gone but came on so slowly I didn’t realize for about a whole more year and some monthd what was going on. My trigger to explore what was happening was both out of nowhere IBS and two miscarriages. Crazy road, right? I sympathize so much with your desire to be well, healed.

Jackie2
    Participant

dvjorge wrote: Oral Thrush isn’t a common symptoms of CRC. For instance, my own case where I took broad spectrum antibiotics for almost 3 continue months and I never developed it. I have a serious intestinal overgrowth and have shared information with many people who are dealing with this syndrome, but they never report oral thrush. Oral thrush is very common in babies when they haven’t develop a complete immune system yet. In adults, it is more associate to immune problems.
    The books about this syndrome rarely mention oral thrush. White tongue is very common but oral candidiasis is rare with this syndrome.

Yes, that is what my ENT said and MD that this happens with folks that have AIDS or Cancer….that line of illness. I have NOTHING….but I do have Thrush….Lucky me I get to be a new statistic in the books :O

Jackie2
    Participant

Hy wrote: Jackie, big hugs! I feel frustrated just like you. To answer you original question — mine started with a case of thrush that just would not quit while nursing my baby after having to use a nipple shield. We battled it for months .., thought it was gone but came on so slowly I didn’t realize for about a whole more year and some monthd what was going on. My trigger to explore what was happening was both out of nowhere IBS and two miscarriages. Crazy road, right? I sympathize so much with your desire to be well, healed.

Thans for your sympathy. I guess that is what I wanted to hear is that someone out there also was dealing with what I’m dealing with. I keep reading about leaky gut and rashes etc. I feel so badly for those who are dealing with all of that…but I need to know if anyone was like me and if they got better. I have such hope with my friends who have moved on…but I seem stuck with no progress and here I thought I had a mild case compaired to others.

I’m so sorry to hear about the miscarrages. I know I read that before and my heart sunk. The heartache so many have had to endure through this tough battle. That is why I feel like such a sissy. I just want to say, “Suck it up Sally” you know how many others outh there have it worse than you…and yet I just want it to all go away and be over and get back to the way life was.

Please let me know how your doing? Are you healing? Do you still have thrush? Does it flare up when you go off track?

Blessings and prayers your way.

Jackie

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

Jackie2 wrote:
    Thans for your sympathy. I guess that is what I wanted to hear is that someone out there also was dealing with what I’m dealing with. I keep reading about leaky gut and rashes etc. I feel so badly for those who are dealing with all of that…but I need to know if anyone was like me and if they got better. I have such hope with my friends who have moved on…but I seem stuck with no progress and here I thought I had a mild case compaired to others.

It’s so tricky! It seems we all have candida but the way our bodies show us is different for each person. That principle of uniqueness makes it hard to find someone to garner strength from — someone who has walked the same exact road.

I’m so sorry to hear about the miscarrages. I know I read that before and my heart sunk. The heartache so many have had to endure through this tough battle. That is why I feel like such a sissy. I just want to say, “Suck it up Sally” you know how many others outh there have it worse than you…and yet I just want it to all go away and be over and get back to the way life was.

Thank you. Also, I don’t think you’re being a sissy one bit. This is hard! Really hard! And so counter cultural and lonely.

Please let me know how your doing? Are you healing? Do you still have thrush? Does it flare up when you go off track?

I’m so thankful to God because, yes, I am healing! The IBS — gone! Such a huge praise! I haven’t really gone off track with the diet — my personality is such that when I decide to do something I’m all in. I’m too scared to stray! It really seems like the signs of oral thrush are waning, too. I do still have a thin white coating on my tongue some mornings, but I just keep journeying, praying that the next days, weeks will be filled with total relief. I’ll be praying the same for you, Jackie.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Did anyone else start this journey with Oral Thrush…from Antibiotics?’ is closed to new replies.