Dgl

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I’ve been takin dgl licorice for reflux but saw it has mannitol and sorbitol in them. Also my enzymes have them, these sugar alcohols can cause even more bloating and definitely aren’t good for sibo. Should I stop taking that stuff? Thx

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would stop taking anything with fake sugars because they can cause bad health problems.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

moochpb;37691 wrote: I’ve been takin dgl licorice for reflux but saw it has mannitol and sorbitol in them. Also my enzymes have them, these sugar alcohols can cause even more bloating and definitely aren’t good for sibo. Should I stop taking that stuff? Thx

Yes, they do cause bloating, and the sugars will hinder the progress of healing your infestation, Mooch. Why are you taking pure enzymes? If you were following the forum’s protocol, you’d be taking Swedish Digestive Bitters in place of enzymes. I’d be interested in seeing a list of the enzymes that the supplements contains.

Able

moochpb

I also have bitters, I was taking both. Idk y, just so impatient but I know I have to be patient. I’ll just use bitters now. It’s been a day and my reflux feels better already, maybe just a coincidence though. Plus I’m only eating meat once a day instead of 3 or 4 times a day.

Able900
    Spectator

moochpb;37790 wrote: I also have bitters, I was taking both. Idk y, just so impatient but I know I have to be patient. I’ll just use bitters now.

Mooch, rushing things and taking supplements that haven’t be run by the forum can be, at the worst, dangerous, and at the very least, uncomfortable as you seem to be finding out.

It’s been a day and my reflux feels better already, maybe just a coincidence though

I seriously doubt that it’s a coincidence considering what you were putting in your body.

Plus I’m only eating meat once a day instead of 3 or 4 times a day.

So you’re not following the protocol or the strict diet. You do know that all of this is just slowing down your progress, right? It really doesn’t make sense to rush things and then do these things you’ve described to us.

I guess I need to start asking everyone what type of protocol and diet they’re on and not assume, even the members who have been around for a few months and have the strict diet may not be following the instructions for the diet and protocol. Then when they ask questions about their problems, it sometimes looks like the protocol or diet is causing the problems. I’ve seen this several times in the past few weeks.

Able

moochpb

I’m at a unhealthy body fat percentage for a male, around 3 to 4 %, I have eaten meat for my whole life. I will not be a vegan, it’s already hard as hell to cut out meat to even once a day. I need more calories and protein. I’m staying pretty strict and if I eat stuff that delays me a bit that’s ok for me however I’m being real good. Sibo and yeast is more difficult to eat because sibo doesn’t do good with buckwheat, coconut or oat bran. So my drs say in too dangerously low in weight and body fat. 131 pounds at 31 yr old male is not cool not healthy. I cut out the enzymes with Sugar now and will only use bitters. I was a marine and I’m an extreme person, I’ve never felt like a piece if glass until now so I’m making some strides and feeling better then I did months ago. Trying to find a happy medium on what to eat to gain weight is very stressful. I ve heard many people say sibo is not curable along with candidia. I don’t wanna stay on my diet forever but with what I’ve researched and hear I don’t like the answers or chances. I try and be positive but I have developed major changes goin from a ripped athlete to a skinnier bloated old man.

Able900
    Spectator

Mooch, I know you think I’m picking on everything you post today, but I swear I’m honestly just trying to help you.

There are much healthier ways to add body fat than eating meat, especially when you have a Candida overgrowth. When you talk about adding fat by way of animal meat, you’re really talking about adding cholesterol and toxins to your body, not healthy weight or fat.

It would make more sense health-wise to use foods containing Polyunsaturated and Monounsaturated fats which would help to add body fat but not cholesterol. These are fats that can be kept safely at room temperature such as olive oil, sesame, and safflower oil. Coconut oil and avocados are another way to add weight.

Able

moochpb

I know man. I react to eggs now though, I increased coconut oil. I will try avacados I forgot about those

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

You can easily add 500+ calories to your diet every day if you eat a couple avocados.

Have you gotten coconut manna or coconut cream yet? Seriously, you’ll plow through it, it’s so good. You could heat it up and put it on coconut bread or coconut cake, or eat it on pancakes, or mix it with spices to make a thicker, savory sauce for vegetables. It’s around 100 calories per tablespoon, which is almost as much as coconut oil, but it has a really rich, delicious flavor.

moochpb

I did pick up coconut manna and had it with my buckwheat pancakes. Yum. Thanks

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

mooch, I mean no disrespect, but have you considered finding a new doctor? It seems like your current doctor doesn’t know very much about Candida. I keep reading things your doctor tells you to do and cringing. You should be more proactive in your research if you continue to work with this doctor.

moochpb

I just found a naturopath plus md that specializes in yeast and sibo. I’m done with mine, she could of made me worse. Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dgl’ is closed to new replies.