Detoxing your clothes from toxins

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Detoxing your clothes from toxins

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  msmofish 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello everyone,

As you may know, when you start the diet and kill candida, a lot of toxins are released from your body. Many of these toxins are released through natural bodily processes (via going to the bathroom), but there are a ton released from your skin naturally as well.

Like most people, you likely wear clothing, and these toxins can be stored in your clothes! I personally noticed a lot of my clothes started to “stink” once I started the candida diet. These toxins in general should be removed from your environment, and there’s a simple way to to detox your clothes from these toxins.

Soak all your clothes in vinegar! Vinegar is a strong natural anti-fungal that kills just about anything. If you soak your clothes for 2 hours with very hot water and vinegar, they will be largely detoxified from anything that may reside in them. You can add other things such as antifungals (grapefruit seed extract, oregano oil, etc…just a few drops) for maximum effect.

Then wring them out and wash them in the laundry machine.

Here are some recipes for natural laundry soaps that work very well:
    http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I haven’t noticed my clothes stinking, but there’s been a black/grey coating around where the water level was after I drain my baths. Never experienced it before the diet. After bathing, I tend to get acne, the pain in my arms is heightened and I sometimes feel light-headed too. There must be a lot of crap floating around in my blood… I’m curious if anyone else experiences this sort of stuff.

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

Nice advice, stomething I didnt think about much like your post on mold in the house and on the walls. Which I am still working on scrubbing with bleach water solution.

Because of my SD I have switched a lot of my cloths to all white cotton so I can bleach them.

But now im worried I stink….lol

Thanks again, gives me a reason to use all that old vinager that I stored away since switching to ACV.

I will be a walking pickle.

sby
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 27

Hi,

In my house we use a high percentage white vinegar, about 9%, for this kind of thing. You can find it at a supermarket in the vinegar section. I recommend that instead of a cooking vinegar.

Also, it’s great as a cleanser in your bathtub, sink and toilet instead of Ajax or something harsh like that. You’ll need to let it soak tho before scrubbing. I do, however, use Ajax for the really hard stuff like the dark ring I get in my toilet since I began the diet, but the vinegar is really good for normal cleaning.

sby

Ruthh123
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 27

A lymph brush/dry brush (natural bristle) is also useful. Take long strokes from all parts of the body, working towards the heart. Doing this before a shower in the morning is supposed to help get rid of toxins through the skin. More info see-
    http://www.intentonchange.com/Lymph.html

wishnhope
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 80

vinegar also works great as a fabric softener.. I just pour it in the fabric softener spot in the washing machine (fill er up) and there’s no static in the clothes (and no weird animal products coating the fabric of your clothing). cheaper than fabric softener too.

sommerdione2
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 21

Just curious why we can use white vinegar for our clothes…seems like it would leech into the skin? I’m just wondering? Thanks.

raster
    Participant

Vinegar is fine to use with your clothes because you put them in the washing machine afterwards, wash them, dry them, and then there is no vinegar in the clothes!

-raster

West11
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 26

Do you think Candida would make stains under your arm pit worse? I can only have white t-shirts for about a months and half before they are ruined. Maybe washing with vinegar would help.

raster
    Participant

West,

If you want to whiten you clothing, using bleach is pretty good for that. I don’t know of any alternatives, but I bet they exist!

Vinegar in general is a great cleaning agent. It also has a ton of other things its good for, here is a list of 131 things you can do with vinegar:

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/homemaking/vinegar.html

-raster

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

This is sumthing I would have never thought of. I have alot of laundry I don’t feel like soaking them all I’m vingar though do u think its necessary?

My clothes don’t smell diffrent but I do have a ammonia smelling discharge sumtimes

Should we only do this if our clothes smell worse and what about washing clothes in hot water not enough?

raster
    Participant

I do recommend doing this after you are over die-off and are feeling pretty good. It is important in my opinion and this is why I bumped it.

-raster

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

The one thing to remember when using vinegar is that some of your clothes won’t be colorfast. I have had both lemon juice and vinegar put bleach spots on clothing before so be very careful with your nice clothes.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

Well vingar is cheap I suppose after I’m feeling better I can try it I don’t know if ill do all my clothes maybe just my undies. I’d b pissd if my clothes got ruined! Thanks Katie!

I don’t own really anything white eathier and hate the smell of vingar to I used it to wash my floors once eww aweful! But natural LOL anyway I may consider this it makes sense but don’t know if its necessary really, I wash in warm water maybe I will change to hot/ cold .if anything I can eventually do my underwear and work out clothes.

One thing is if we are wearing the clothes all day sweating toxins out and soak our clothes when we take them off dirty, then wash them we may have gotten out all the toxins but we are just gonna start to sweat and dirty the clothes a few hrs after putting them on. I mean sounds like a good idea I just am busy and can’t b doing extra chores if not completely necessary to my recovery.

Anyone else doing this? How much vingar should be used and how long the soak?

msmofish
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 96

Here’s a good post about using hydrogen peroxide in laundry among others

http://www.undergroundhealth.com/25-amazing-benefits-and-uses-for-hydrogen-peroxide/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Detoxing your clothes from toxins’ is closed to new replies.