Detoxing or Dehydration?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Detoxing or Dehydration?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  julyfer 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

lola555
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 16

Hi! I have been on Stage 1 for two weeks now. I just posted on another thread that I have been on it for one week….I am a bit loopy still! I added eggs and salmon 5 days after the start of my diet to fill me up to help with my strength. Last week, I had a roller coaster ride of “highs and lows” of energy and now I feel depleted. I cannot tell if it is the diet or if I am dehydrated. I woke up the other night with a cramp in my calf which made me think this is dehydration. But I can’t tell. Is this how everyone feels on the cleanse? Help!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Is your mouth staying dry all the time?

It’s true that most people feel weak on the cleanse, but you shouldn’t be dehydrated if you’re following the instructions posted all over the forum. One of the most important parts of the entire treatment, cleanse and diet included, is to drink a lot more water than you’ve ever drank before. You have to keep the die-off toxins moving out of your body. This is accomplished by drinking lots and lots of water and by avoiding constipation during the cleanse. It you don’t keep it under control, the toxins can make you feel like death is knocking at the door. This is easy to understand if you realize that the toxins are literally poisoning your body. Are you taking 750 mg of Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate every day?

Are you getting enough salt?

Able

lola555

I have been juicing veggies for breakfast and dinner and having salads at lunch using the list for cleansing. Besides that (and eggs and salmon), nothing else. I only drink water but not more than I did before the cleanse. I thought I had adequate water consumption before. My mouth is dry though, that is why I am confused. I put sea salt on everything for added flavor. Gotta have that.
    Also, today is the first time I have checked out the forum..that is my fault!

Able900
    Spectator

Salt is important, you’re right. I was only checking because some people forget about salt on the diet and end up feeling the way you described.
    You didn’t answer my question about Molybdenum. This will protect your body and especially your liver from the aldehyde toxins.

A few posts that you probably need to read are shown below.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Do you have dry eyes and hard stools too? Dry mouth can be a symptom of glucose deficiency. Not everyone is metabolically able to handle very low-carb diets, and it sounds like you’re close to 0. I think it can be a symptom of thyroid issues too, which can be caused by a sudden change to low-carb and sustained by a lack of carb intake. There are probably more potential causes.

lola555

Yes! Dry eyes but not hard stool. Eyes have been very dry. I have always been underweight (though blood tests claim I don’t have thyroid issues) with high metabolism.
    To answer Able, no I am not taking Molybdenum. Since I have been on Stage 1 for 2 weeks today, I think I am close to wrapping it up very soon.

Able900
    Spectator

Javizy wrote: Dry mouth can be a symptom of glucose deficiency. Not everyone is metabolically able to handle very low-carb diets, and it sounds like you’re close to 0.

Dry mouth is also just another very common symptom of a Candida infestation.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Able900 wrote: Dry mouth is also just another very common symptom of a Candida infestation.

A lot of things are correlated with candida infestations. I don’t think that means it devalues trying to understand the varying mechanisms behind them, especially when they appear with a sudden change in diet. Maybe it is just a case of die-off toxins, but catching a potential problem early is only going to help.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Lola, you need to drink between 90-120 oz’s of water per day or more if possible. This is whether you are on the candida diet or not. You may notice an improvement in your symptoms if you drink more.

A lot of symptoms are tied to specific organs being damaged such as the liver, thyroid, etc…a (good) naturopathic doctor would be better able to determine what is the cause of your symptoms.

What were your original candida symptoms before starting the diet and have they improved or gone away since you’ve tried out the diet?

-raster

lola555

raster,

I get frequent yeast infections every month. It used to be much worst.I was also always tired. It has been too early to tell if anything has improved because I started stage 1 a couple weeks ago. The first week was a blur and I was pretty much delirious ( I gave up coffee and everything cold turkey and went straight into cleansing mode). Last week was full of ups and downs of energy but initially led the way to how I feel now….blah and weak! I am not sure how typical it is for people to feel effects so soon into the diet. I would really like to know.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Lola,
    “I cannot tell if it is the diet or if I am dehydrated. I woke up the other night with a cramp in my calf which made me think this is dehydration. But I can’t tell. Is this how everyone feels on the cleanse? Help! “

Make sure you ask Able900 for the true diet from the forum it is a bit different than from the web site.

I can remember the leg cramps at night. At the beginning. Bad dry mouth as well. I was drinking tons. However, it all took time. I believe the oil pulling really helped heal my mouth are you doing that as well?

I really upped my water intake and taking the molybdenum really helped as well. I was shocked that my body was reacting how I would feel after not working out for a long time. Aches in calfs, thighs, groin…it was all die off. Hang in there. Drink tons of lemon water. Get rest that really helped a ton as well. Most of all ask questions. There are great folks like Able900 and Raster who have kicked this monsters butt and thank God they stick around to guide the rest of us.

Best of luck. Knowledge is power!

lola555

Jackie,

Thank you for your kind words. Believe it or not, I barely discovered the forum yesterday. Every I time accessed the site, I went straight to the foods I can/cannot eat and followed the diet (cleanse) according to the site. Thank God I clicked on the forum yesterday and discovered this new world of, well, others like me! It’s great to know my body is not acting out of the ordinary. And to answer your question, yes, I consume CO everyday; however, now I know I can take more than just one tablespoon 🙂
    Thanks to everyone!

julyfer
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Hello, here reported symptoms of dehydration, I hope to help you. Greetings!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Detoxing or Dehydration?’ is closed to new replies.