Detox experiences

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Detox experiences

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bridget 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Bridget
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

I have just started the Candida diet and began Phase 1 (the detox) and was really ill after just one day. Chronic headache, nausea and diahorrea. I felt so ill I had to stop the detox for a few days until I recovered. I gave my body a rest for 2 weeks and began again and after just one day, I suffered exactly the same reaction. It was so severe I have decided to skip the detox altogether and just start the main diet. Has anyone else suffered this reaction? Would be glad of any advice!

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

I make sure to eat enough carbs in the formf quinoa, buckwheat …

Bridget
    Participant

The problem was that on Stage 1 Detox you cannot have any carbs except vegetables…..

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Do you have a detox plan? What is your detox plan? Are you taking liver cleansing herbs?

-raster

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

A low carb diet didn’t work for me.

Bridget
    Participant

I have been taking Molybdenum capsules and Candidate by Native Remedies as recommended on this website. I have done everything on the detox as recommended, including drinking the detox drink of apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and paprika, and also the Bentonite liquid clay drink twice a day. I ate lots of vegetables and had olive oil etc, but it made me so ill after just one day! I think it was too harsh for me so will continue to the main stage of the diet.

raster
    Participant

You might have better results with milk thistle.

-raster

Bridget
    Participant

Thanks for that, I’ve bought some today, hopefully less die off reaction 🙂

raster
    Participant

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

Here’s an important post I made:

Doing too much too fast!!

<iframe class=”wp-embedded-content” sandbox=”allow-scripts” security=”restricted” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” src=”https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/doing-too-much-too-fast-74/embed/#?secret=YNshYhyXmC” data-secret=”YNshYhyXmC” width=”500″ height=”282″ title=”“Doing too much too fast!!” — The Candida Diet” frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>

So glad I came across this. Last time I attempted the diet, I was prescribed a round of fluconozole and spent an entire night vomiting. Now I know why!

Bridget
    Participant

Whilst I am very grateful for your helpful posts, I am rather confused as I thought everyone on this forum was a participant of the diet recommended on this website, ie the Candida plan by Lisa Richards. I was under the impression that you have to follow all the steps she lists to the letter, and I have done so and not deviated in any way, which is why I was unhappy about the extreme reaction I experienced after Day 1 of the cleanse. I had been taking Molybdenum for 3 weeks prior to starting the cleanse, so did not expect such an terrible reaction. There is so much conflicting advice on the subject and I am desperate to do the right thing, however unpleasant. Is the general opinion here that the Lisa Richards diet has to be adapted to suit the individual? I previously consulted a homeopathic doctor who put me on a very severe diet for 7 months, no wheat, no meat, no dairy, no salt, no sugar, no fruit, no caffeine etc which nearly killed me, literally! I nearly ended up in hospital as my blood sugar had fallen so low I was practically in a coma. As I say, I am desperate for the right advice as I have been suffering from this terrible Candida overgrowth for years and years. I know it is my own fault as due to also suffering from bulimia I was constantly vomiting thereby depleting my body of good bacteria and also eating lots of sugar so I only have myself to blame, and my gosh I am suffering for it now!!!! Help!!

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

I would follow her diet, but also remember that everyone is different – some people will be more sensitive than others and thus have additional restrictions. Reintroduce things gradually, and if you have a reaction, remember that there’s an unfortunate amount of trial and error in this but you will figure it out!

As to blaming yourself for having bulimia, don’t. I’m in recovery for an eating disorder myself. We don’t ask for it, and it’s a hard cycle to break. You’re working to take care of yourself now and that is GREAT.

I know this diet can be triggering for me, so I remind myself that these restrictions are temporary. Also, if ever you feel vulnerable during your healing, a good RD can be invaluable.

Bridget
    Participant

Thanks for that, it is difficult and I wish I knew then what I know now!! Just been to see my GP who didn’t even seem to know what Candida was and looked at my list of symptoms with a rather cynical expression and said they could be caused by anaemia!!! Great help…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Detox experiences’ is closed to new replies.