Detox Day 1

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Detox Day 1

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LuluBlu20 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mel
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

About a week ago I went to a nutrition “clinic” because I have gained almost 50 lbs in the last year. In December of 2010 I had my first child and lost the baby weight pretty quickly. After I stopped breast feeding, my baby weight returned and brought along 20 more pounds with it. I was told last week that I had a candida problem and I could do their 5 week plan for an incredible amount of money! I decided to research candida and what I could do on my own to “fix” it. That is how I found this site.

I have decided that I am ready to be healthy, loose this weight and totally renovate my diet. I am starting on the detox (without the Colonic irrigation)today…but I need some help. I am doing everything by the directions but is there something else I need to be doing? I have been reading about candida die-off and others taking more supplements than the ones mentioned on the detox page and I want to make sure I am doing this correctly.

Any advice/support is appreciated.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Mel, and welcome to the forum.

Read the post titled “Die-off Dangers” as there are two supplements named which will substantially lessen the effects of die-off symptoms.

Have you purchased probiotics yet? If not, you don’t really need to start these until you see how bad the die-off will be. Probiotics will cause die-off symptoms just as the diet will. Also, I would leave yogurt out of the diet for at least two to three weeks.

Try to get by without eating red meat as the process of the protein being broken down in the body is an additional drain on the liver. See if you can get by by making organic eggs your main source of protein during the next three weeks. Look at the “Recipe” section on the forum and see if there are any recipes which interest you. The coconut flour bread can be eaten during the detox period as long as you use organic eggs and either coconut oil or olive oil, in fact, I would use only these two oils for cooking and making salad dressing. If you use vinegar, be sure to use only organic apple cider vinegar. “Braggs” vinegar is a perfect brand.

If you have a juicer, vegetable juice in place of at least one regular meal a day is a great way to detox.

Check your toothpaste for sugar alcohols which will feed the Candida. Also check your table salt; most regular table salts contain additional ingredients such as chemicals or Dextrose which is a type of sugar. If you can find it, purchase Himalayan sea salt which should be a pinkish color. If you can’t find this, then you can use Celtic sea salt instead.

If you can, go ahead and purchase a product by the name of “Digestive Grape Bitters” and take it after meals. These will be in a liquid form and are normally sold at health food or vitamin stores. The dosage suggested on the bottle is not necessary because the bitters work simply by nerve stimulation by coming into contact with the bitter receptors on the back of the tongue which then will release needed enzymes. This process presents a cleansing effect on the liver so it is important to drink plenty of water throughout the day to prevent a strong detox reaction. Since the principle is to stimulate the bitter receptors you only need to taste the bitterness of the herbs, therefore 1/2 of a dropper full on the tongue after meals will be enough to do the job. No matter what you read from here on out, you will not need to purchase additional enzymes as long as you use the Grape Bitters.

Let us know if you have questions.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Mel,

Don’t drink any coffee or soda’s either. Drink pretty much nothing else but water, maybe a little tea here and there.

Don’t consume any dairy.

I recommend consulting a naturopathic doctor for best results. They will be able to help address every aspect of your diet, supplements, etc. You may recover more quickly even though it is costly.

Also, even though the website states that the candida diet should last 2 weeks; depending on how severe of a case you have, it could take as long as 6-18 months depending on how your body adjusts.

Expect to lose about a pound a day for the first 2-4 weeks.

Mel

Able

Thank you so much for all the advice!

I guess I am a little confused. Should I do the detox or should I start with the diet? And if I do the detox do I need any other supplements besides the ones in the detox drink?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The diet is how you detox! Are you referring to the cleanse? I did not do this and just did the diet…

Mel

I’m sorry for the confusion. I am talking about the cleanse. 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Mel, if you eat a completely ‘clean diet’ this will be both a cleanse and a form of detoxing the body, especially if you take Molybdenum during the cleanse.

A ‘clean diet’ means no red meat and fresh or frozen green vegetables with organic eggs, fish or chicken. Lemonade (no sugars) is a very good way to cleanse/detox as well.

Adding vitamin C, A and D3 to your daily routine will more than likely help your situation. You should take the A & D3 after a meal which contains oil as these are oil soluble vitamins; C on the other hand is water soluble.

Able

LuluBlu20
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hi Mel,

I’m on DAY 1 for the cleanse. I’ve decided to do enemas instead of the colonics. Not as thorough, but it helps. And no, you don’t need to do anything else except for what it says, I believe.

However, make sure you drink lots of water. I’ve also incorporated dry skin brushing. But that’s it. GOOD LUCK!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Detox Day 1’ is closed to new replies.