Detox Cleanse Advise Needed

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Detox Cleanse Advise Needed

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

togenyc
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi Able,
    Thank you for all your great feedback and answers. I’ve been reaching the forum and it’s been helpful but I’m still a little confused about the cleanse/detox program. I’m sorry if this has been answered before, but I found some of the answers confusing.

I’m going to start the detox program tomorrow and am planning on doing 5 days of eating only raw salads and steamed veggies followed by 3 or 4 days of the veggie broth, green juice, liquid cleanse. However, I’m so confused as to what vitamins, fiber supplements and teas I should take and when. I’ve read conflicting information about the Bentonite Clay drink…if I don’t take that, what should I use instead? Also, what teas should I drink. Would it be possible to give a simple outline when I should take the vitamins, fiber supplements and teas during the cleanse/detox? I’m a list person so that makes it really easy for me to understand and follow!

Also, is it okay to drink organic apple cider vinegar in the morning instead of the warm lemon water?

Thanks so much!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

From my understanding you don’t need any teas or vitamins on the cleanse. The clay likely will make you constipated which will not benefit your goals. You don’t need any fiber supplements either.

-raster

togenyc

Hi Raster,
    Thank you for your response. From what I was reading on thecandidadiet.com, I thought I needed to take the clay drink while doing the detox to keep things moving through my colon. So, I don’t need to drink Nettle Tea or take Molybdenum? What vitamins and minerals should I start to take when I transition to the Stage 2 Candida Diet?
    Thanks!

raster
    Participant

Well the cleanse doesn’t really do much in terms of reducing candida numbers. The combination of the clay and psyllium can cause chronic constipation, so we don’t recommend it. Check out this post about why:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

We follow different stages in the forum, where stage 0 is the cleanse, stage 1 is the strict diet, stage 2 is less strict, and stage 3 is basically a healthy non-candida diet.

The vitamins and minerals you take vary person to person and should be based on deficiencies that you likely would have. I don’t know what you are deficient in so I can’t recommend anything specific.

In general, you should look at vitamins ABCDEK, biotin, and all trace minerals including calcium (if you are a woman), iodine, selenium, magnesium, zinc, etc. Then there are general nutritional and digestive supplements that you can take, which varies person to person. For instance, there are essential fatty acids, digestive enzymes or bitters, detox supplementsm, anti-inflammatories, HCL (hydro-chloric acid), etc. It all depends on your problems. If you have gas and fermentation in the gut you will need some HCL and digestive enzymes or bitters. If you have anxiety then you will need fatty acids, etc. There isn’t any one set of supplements that one should take.

I do have specific recommendations though…

-raster

togenyc

Hi Raster,

Thanks for your reply. When I get to Stage 1, I’ll look into more of the minerals and vitamins I should be taking. I still have a few questions about Stage 0 – the cleanse:

1) Is it okay to drink organic apple cider vinegar in the morning instead of the warm lemon water?
    2) It says I should only eat steamed, sauteed or raw veggies – can I bake the veggies? Will that be okay?
    3) Should I do the Liver Flush Tea during the detox?
    4) Is it okay to drink Nettle Tea during Stage 0?

Thanks again!
    Erika

zatoronto
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 10

All these diets seem to be waste of time to be honest. I was on the Candida diet for a month and it didn’t really much. I am still having digestive Issues.

I think the best way to get rid of Candida is to get some really strong probiotics, some thing like 50 or even 100 billion strains ones and plus keep using a strong anti fungal medicine. Eventually the Candida should die off, it may take few months, but at least you wont have to go through the torturous diet.

^ of course during this period you should limit your Sugar and Gluten Intake because that helps Candida grow, but other then that just keep your normals meals going, with added fiber

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

zatoronto;53757 wrote: All these diets seem to be waste of time to be honest. I was on the Candida diet for a month and it didn’t really much. I am still having digestive Issues.

I think the best way to get rid of Candida is to get some really strong probiotics, some thing like 50 or even 100 billion strains ones and plus keep using a strong anti fungal medicine. Eventually the Candida should die off, it may take few months, but at least you wont have to go through the torturous diet.

^ of course during this period you should limit your Sugar and Gluten Intake because that helps Candida grow, but other then that just keep your normals meals going, with added fiber

How effective the diet is depends on where you are at in your suffering.
    Medications can create resistant strains…and I have just seen someone else’s labwork showing that they are already dealing with a strain that is resistant to a popular medical antifungal.

Having digestive issues sounds like you can still eat to some extent, where some of us had to struggle with just eating lettuce after a really bad flare of overgrowth.

Probiotics will not effect candida at all in my experience.
    What probiotics can do is re-establish itself AFTER you make room for them using a decent diet and a good cleanse.

I agree with you that the diet is not tolerable, no question. If you were a low-carber before this, then this diet is awesome.
    If you were someone who ate high-carb, this diet is hell,lol.

Im attempting another route myself, this diet was too difficult for me,
    but you cant PAY me to take a prescription anti-fungal now that I have done some research and hung out here to learn from other’s experiences….its truly a last resort.

zatoronto
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 10

Vegan Catlady;53811 wrote:

All these diets seem to be waste of time to be honest. I was on the Candida diet for a month and it didn’t really much. I am still having digestive Issues.

How effective the diet is depends on where you are at in your suffering.
    Medications can create resistant strains…and I have just seen someone else’s labwork showing that they are already dealing with a strain that is resistant to a popular medical antifungal.

Having digestive issues sounds like you can still eat to some extent, where some of us had to struggle with just eating lettuce after a really bad flare of overgrowth.

Probiotics will not effect candida at all in my experience.
    What probiotics can do is re-establish itself AFTER you make room for them using a decent diet and a good cleanse.

I agree with you that the diet is not tolerable, no question. If you were a low-carber before this, then this diet is awesome.
    If you were someone who ate high-carb, this diet is hell,lol.

Im attempting another route myself, this diet was too difficult for me,
    but you cant PAY me to take a prescription anti-fungal now that I have done some research and hung out here to learn from other’s experiences….its truly a last resort.

Probiotics really help if you are having digestive problems with Candida like constipation. Candida grows in the intestines because of lack of Good bacteria. Good Strains of probiotic eventually repopulate the gut with good bacteria

Yes they have to be taken with other things in combo, but probiotics are the most important things in my opinion for the Gut. If you have Candida growth else where, then yes I agree different measure have to be taken. But if your main symptoms are in the Gut, then I think many of these strict diets are a waste. I personally think Cleanse is necessary maybe 5-7 days, that will kill a lot of Candida in the gut, but after that you should slowly start bringing regular foods in your system

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

zatoronto;53814 wrote:
    Probiotics really help if you are having digestive problems with Candida like constipation. Candida grows in the intestines because of lack of Good bacteria. Good Strains of probiotic eventually repopulate the gut with good bacteria

Yes they have to be taken with other things in combo, but probiotics are the most important things in my opinion for the Gut. If you have Candida growth else where, then yes I agree different measure have to be taken. But if your main symptoms are in the Gut, then I think many of these strict diets are a waste. I personally think Cleanse is necessary maybe 5-7 days, that will kill a lot of Candida in the gut, but after that you should slowly start bringing regular foods in your system

Probiotics can help constipation, but they also cause it.

Gut or elsewhere, its not going to stay away until your immune system is capable of holding it off.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Once there is candida overgrowth, re-populating your gut with probiotics is near impossible in my experience.

I have heard some say you can , and some say you cant here, but probiotics dont kill candida, and they cant colonize an already populated gut…candida basically changes the atmosphere so that it can maintain being top-dog.

I would love to see research that supports that probiotics can do most the work without needing to change the diet, it would make my life so much easier and cheaper,too.

Doesnt mean they arent good and necessary and helpful and immune supporting…but thats if you can get them to hang around and not run-over by the overgrowth of candida. They dont affect candida directly from what I understand.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Some strains are immune supporting. They are capable of inducing cytokine production, different strains induce production of different cytokines. Since candida infections are best handled with a th1 response, it makes sense to take probiotics that induce interferon gamma (IFN-g) and interleukin-12 (IL-12) production.

http://books.google.com/books?id=a_YX0mv3l24C&pg=PA245&lpg=PA245&dq=th1+probiotics&source=bl&ots=HCTq4VGKg5&sig=tOyDysr1EhSPQRqW5nWqMwMpIzM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=j-HpUoqkJaSCyAGmh4CACA&ved=0CDgQ6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=th1%20probiotics&f=false

However, the flip side of that coin is that if you are in a very reactive state and start producing antibodies to them, which can happen, you are going to have the exact opposite effect.

raster
    Participant

The only strains that can repopulate the gut in the long term from my experience are human derived strains. This is why I think HMF neuro is essential for anyone who wants to get better via the traditional methods (diet, antifungals, and probiotics).

If you did the diet for only one month you won’t notice much improvement. The diet needs to be done long term for best results.

The supplements you take while getting better are the x-factor in any treatment.

-raster

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Detox Cleanse Advise Needed’ is closed to new replies.