Desperately need to gain back weight

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Desperately need to gain back weight

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sallyf024
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 22

It has been over a year since I started on my diet and treatment. A couple of months ago I started to reintroduce foods slowly and had a relapse. I did this in an effort to gain back the 35 lbs that I lost. For most this may be great for some, but for me it is dreadful as I am normally a tall skinny woman (5’9″ 115 lbs). I follow the diet to a “T” but it seems that without bread, potatoes and cheese I am losing it here. I eat well and often (5x a day). Tons of meat, salads, quinoa, fresh veggies, eggs, eggs, and more eggs…all organic. My desert is plain yogurt with blueberries. My exercise is walking and I do a minimum of 15 miles per week except for winter when I get snowed in.
    I was diagnosed with upper and lower intestinal Candida by having both an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. I have left Western medicine behind and am under the care of a naturopath now and he has been supportive and helpful to this point.
    If anyone has had this experience and overcame it, I would like to know how. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

Hi Sally and good work coming so far with the treatment. I’m also thin, though in my oppinion, normal weight, and this diet isn’t causing me to loose weight at all since I’m eating a lot of fat. I cook everything with ghee, add ghee as “dipping sauce”, cook whipped egg with ghee in the oven. I’m also eating lots and lots of coconut oil and take a spoonful of olive oil a day. Can you tolerate Creamed Coconut? If so, melt ant eat with your meals, or you can even use it to make an ice cream like dessert. My tip in short, just add more fat.

Do you bake any of the bread recepies on the site? That’s also an idea. Filling, healthy and will help you keep your weight. I can unfortunatly not tolerate any of the flours on the list, but maybe you can.

sallyf024

Angor wrote: Hi Sally and good work coming so far with the treatment. I’m also thin, though in my oppinion, normal weight, and this diet isn’t causing me to loose weight at all since I’m eating a lot of fat. I cook everything with ghee, add ghee as “dipping sauce”, cook whipped egg with ghee in the oven. I’m also eating lots and lots of coconut oil and take a spoonful of olive oil a day. Can you tolerate Creamed Coconut? If so, melt ant eat with your meals, or you can even use it to make an ice cream like dessert. My tip in short, just add more fat.

Do you bake any of the bread recepies on the site? That’s also an idea. Filling, healthy and will help you keep your weight. I can unfortunatly not tolerate any of the flours on the list, but maybe you can.

Thanks, Angor! I definitely check out the bread recipes. I am curious about the creamed coconut. How do I find this (recipe or purchase?) I use coconut oil in everything and take it daily. I forgot about ghee and will try that also. Your suggestions are so appreciated!

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Ghee can be found in most health(y) food stores. I’ve seen it shelf stable so you might be able to find in online too.

I’d be interested in how you were dx with candidasis through upper and lower endoscopes – was it through biopsies? None ever shed any light on my situation at least from a visual perspective.

I’m coming to embrace we make too much of an issue with trying to keep weight on: understandably enough. Yet, people I’ve known through the years who went to a RAW diet lost a lot of weight, looked way skinny but, had some of the highest energy reserves around. The experts will probably disagree with their experienced based opinions but, too much fat can caused fatty liver, which decreases bile production from my understanding. I don’t know too much about this and I AM NO EXPERT, just another sufferer trying to unravel a forward path for themselves while trying to learn subjects WAY over my head.

Blessings and it’s always good to hear people doing well on their recoveries.

totustuusmaria
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

À mon avis, vous consommez trop de fibres dans votre alimentation et en prenant beaucoup d’œufs n’est pas une solution, car seuls les œufs construit et répare vos cellules car il contient taux élevé de protéines. Dans le cas d’une accumulation de graisses, vous avez besoin pour consommer les graisses et les glucides beaucoup. Avoir l’huile de poisson dans votre alimentation vous seront très utiles. Je recommande aussi de ne pas prendre beaucoup d’exercice physique pour permettre à votre corps processus de la graisse et le stocker à l’intérieur.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

First of all, I would eat 3-4 course meals and eat until you are stuffed and feel very full…like thanksgiving.

Second, a very important way to improve your health is to do a very simple task: chew your food more! Chewing your food 30+ times per bite will increase the surface area of the food particles, allowing greater absorption.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1222_Chew-your-food-longer–Simple-tip-to-improve-your-health.aspx

Thirdly, try out my teff bread recipe…teff has great weight gain properties and slather on some coconut oil for a super weight gain bread.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst5245_Rasters-Teff-Bread-recipe.aspx

Trace minerals and vitamins are also very essential for weight gain and general health; be sure you are taking vitamin K, vitamin E, and vitamins ABCD. Trace minerals includE calcium, magnesium, zinc, iodine, selenium, etc.

Eat some high protein high fat foods including greek yogurt, chicken sausage, coconut milk, etc.

I also think walking 15 miles a day may be a bit excessive. I would try out a few weeks where you walk 5 miles a day or less and see if you can put on more weight. Think of all of the energy your are burning, this could be stored instead! Its difficult to heal if you are overexerting yourself while on the diet and we don’t promote too much exercise. Finding a balance is key…

On a side note:

I would check out your yogurt and see how much sugar it contains per serving, if its over 13g of sugar per serving, this is too much and could be setting back your progress. We recommend greek yogurt which typically contains 7-11g of sugar per serving.

Quinoa is also something we don’t recommend on the diet because it is high in starch:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/10352/2

Other starchy foods include rice, corn, potatoes, carrots, etc…all of which should be avoided on the diet as much as possible.

Have you healed leaky gut a year into the diet? Where are you at in your treatment? What supplements are you taking?

-raster

sallyf024

My diagnosis was from a GI (the 8th MD I saw) the endoscopes involve inserting a tiny camera while I was under sedation. The photos that were taken of my intestines showed white ‘globs’ that looked like cottage cheese throughout. The visual was amazing and empowered me to get very serious about my treatment and finding a naturopath. The GI that administered the tests gave me a useless antifungal prescription as after 4 rounds it had no effect. He also had told me that he had rarely seen infestation to this extent. These endos, I believe are only administered by MD’s unfortunately. I guess it was great to get the diagnosis, but continuing to expect help from Western Medicine is unrealistic as they (at least the 8 that I saw) do not have a clue, nor do they care to. Perhaps it is more profitable for them to deal with one symptom at a time.
    Thank you for your help and Blessings for your compassion.

flailingWcandi wrote: Ghee can be found in most health(y) food stores. I’ve seen it shelf stable so you might be able to find in online too.

I’d be interested in how you were dx with candidasis through upper and lower endoscopes – was it through biopsies? None ever shed any light on my situation at least from a visual perspective.

I’m coming to embrace we make too much of an issue with trying to keep weight on: understandably enough. Yet, people I’ve known through the years who went to a RAW diet lost a lot of weight, looked way skinny but, had some of the highest energy reserves around. The experts will probably disagree with their experienced based opinions but, too much fat can caused fatty liver, which decreases bile production from my understanding. I don’t know too much about this and I AM NO EXPERT, just another sufferer trying to unravel a forward path for themselves while trying to learn subjects WAY over my head.

Blessings and it’s always good to hear people doing well on their recoveries.

sallyf024

Can anyone out there translate this for me?

totustuusmaria wrote: À mon avis, vous consommez trop de fibres dans votre alimentation et en prenant beaucoup d’œufs n’est pas une solution, car seuls les œufs construit et répare vos cellules car il contient taux élevé de protéines. Dans le cas d’une accumulation de graisses, vous avez besoin pour consommer les graisses et les glucides beaucoup. Avoir l’huile de poisson dans votre alimentation vous seront très utiles. Je recommande aussi de ne pas prendre beaucoup d’exercice physique pour permettre à votre corps processus de la graisse et le stocker à l’intérieur.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

sallyf024 wrote: Can anyone out there translate this for me?

À mon avis, vous consommez trop de fibres dans votre alimentation et en prenant beaucoup d’œufs n’est pas une solution, car seuls les œufs construit et répare vos cellules car il contient taux élevé de protéines. Dans le cas d’une accumulation de graisses, vous avez besoin pour consommer les graisses et les glucides beaucoup. Avoir l’huile de poisson dans votre alimentation vous seront très utiles. Je recommande aussi de ne pas prendre beaucoup d’exercice physique pour permettre à votre corps processus de la graisse et le stocker à l’intérieur.

Initially, assumed it was spam. However, google translate says:

In my opinion, you eat too much fiber in your diet and taking plenty of eggs is not a solution, because only eggs builds and repairs your cells because it contains high protein. In the case of an accumulation of fat, you need to consume fats and carbohydrates much. Have fish oil in your diet will be very useful. I also recommend not to take plenty of exercise to help your body process fat and store it inside.

Thank you for sharing how the endoscopes proved candida (thought perhaps it came from biopsies). No one ever picked up on candida from either visual or biopsies in my case and I even was an early test subject to the camera pill endoscopy. It’s frustrating to think of all the waste associated with scopes/tests/MD’s who either didn’t find something, or found something to treat which proved negative. Most if not all the treatments only worsened my condition.

You should feel blessed the one Dr. was able to come to the candida dx for you as I lost 8 years along my journey since it got me very ill but, was ill at least a decade prior.

I would be surprised if you don’t have several underlying conditions which either caused candida or is from candida (which came first, scenarios). One which is a defo I’m trying to address without much luck presently is adrenal fatigue/hypothyroid. DO you suffer from either night sweats or low body temps? Best to take basal temps (first thing waking up) to determine if this is an issue. I didn’t realize how low my body temps were unless I was shivering: several others have reported the same thing. From what I’ve come across, many candida sufferers have low body temps. There are other forum posters who are far more qualified in addressing these conditions, testing and corrective treatment but, I’d be surprised if most if not all candida patients don’t have or will have issues with their endocrine systems. Heavily restricted diets alone can cause enough stress on weakened systems to throw them inot this state, from my limited understanding.

I’m NO EXPERT, only another sufferer trying to learn enough to help navigate their own healing path forward; if possible. Take what you will and leave the rest. I’m not trying to scare you but, it’s far better to be aware now, than be in a tighter pinch later on down the line.

Blessings back to you….and yours.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Desperately need to gain back weight’ is closed to new replies.