Desperately need help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Desperately need help

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Loren
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

Hello everyone, hope everybody is doing better everyday.

I came to this forum and started this diet because for the las 8 months I had been suffering of recurrent yeast infections. I’m just starting my 7 week on the diet. I eat eggs, chicken brown rice, walnuts mixed greens, lots of avocados, etc, etc. Only allowed vegetables, eventhough I’ve made some mistakes. Anyway, two weeks ago I started kifer, a comercial, organic brand that seemed to meet the diet requirements, but after 4 days of having it, I got mouth thrush, never had this before. Any idea why now that I’m in such a strict diet this would happen? I’m not sure if it was the kifer that did it. After the detox I started taking Renew life probiotics, started with 50B and little by little went up to 50B. I was taking two spoons of coconut oil almost all the time and alternated with it either oil of oregano, two fresh garlics a day and or some grapeseed extract. My tongue is better it was mild to begin with and it’s better but not 100%. I stopped the kifer right after I notice the problem in my mouth. My yeast infections are better. I’m all confused, am’i doing something wrong. Also, I incorporated acupuncture after the problem in my mouth.

Jeremiah
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 31

Hang in there Loren. Being on the program for a couple of months, but having a lot of experience in detoxing, I gotta ask you, have you cheated much in 7 weeks. The reason I ask is, being a vegan, I was stubborn, not wanting to replace my pasta, as the substitutes weren’t very appealing, but getting tired of the same old symptoms made me switch to buckwheat, after trying pasta with 40% buckwheat, but the symptoms stayed. Could be I was still detoxing as no one really knows they’re done detoxing until the symptoms have ended long enough for one to be satisfied, and each of us unique in that status quo.

Detoxing can be scary, but that comes mainly out of not knowing how many strange ways the body gets rid of toxins. Once you read about all the various ways the body gets rid of these toxins, which have to be in the hundreds, you get to understand there are so many variables, which allow different symptoms of detoxing. However other things may be happening to you that may be serious, so only you are the ultimate judge, as again, what you think may be detoxing could be the body telling you other things. Only you know if it’s something different than detoxing, and if that something is serious enough for you to be concerned and asking a pro.

Detoxing again though can be scary and as the means of detoxing are many and so are the ways, so only a good naturopath can give you reasons, as they know the body very well. Mine has been a huge help to me, even though I can barely afford her. I’ve heard though that naturopaths, if they’ve taken a certain test on pharmaceuticals, can write them are now covered my most insurance coverages. If you can find a naturopath that you feel comfortable with, I don’t think there’s too many questions they can’t answer. I know mine is very knowledgeable.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Loren wrote: Hello everyone, hope everybody is doing better everyday.

I came to this forum and started this diet because for the las 8 months I had been suffering of recurrent yeast infections. I’m just starting my 7 week on the diet. I eat eggs, chicken brown rice, walnuts mixed greens, lots of avocados, etc, etc. Only allowed vegetables, eventhough I’ve made some mistakes. Anyway, two weeks ago I started kifer, a comercial, organic brand that seemed to meet the diet requirements, but after 4 days of having it, I got mouth thrush, never had this before. Any idea why now that I’m in such a strict diet this would happen? I’m not sure if it was the kifer that did it. After the detox I started taking Renew life probiotics, started with 50B and little by little went up to 50B. I was taking two spoons of coconut oil almost all the time and alternated with it either oil of oregano, two fresh garlics a day and or some grapeseed extract. My tongue is better it was mild to begin with and it’s better but not 100%. I stopped the kifer right after I notice the problem in my mouth. My yeast infections are better. I’m all confused, am’i doing something wrong. Also, I incorporated acupuncture after the problem in my mouth.

The thing with CRC is that the immune system is so suppressed by the fungus, and may be other causes too, that battling the giant intestinal overgrowth consume all the immune system soldiers, so there aren’t available soldiers to battle in the genital part. When the intestinal overgrowth lower, there will be troops moving to the genital area. Clearing the gut allows immune restoration and cure of other fungal focus.
    You have an idea now,
    Jorge.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Loren. Welcome to the forum.

I can only tell you what I would do in your place and if I were still on the diet and fighting the Candida. The first thing would be to remove both the brown rice and walnuts completely from my diet.

Then I would stop eating the commercial kefir and start increasing the coconut oil amount by one teaspoon every day. You could safely go up to 12 teaspoons a day, as long as you’re taking “Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate” – that should be printed on the label on the back of the container under the ‘Ingredients’ and it should be in pill form, 250 mcg per dose. Take up to three pills a day starting with one a day and adding another one each day. I wouldn’t increase a single thing until you have been taking the Molybdenum for two or three days. If the thrush is being caused by die-off, the Molybdenum should help it.

The thrush in your mouth could be caused by either die-off symptoms, or if the kefir was not fermented long enough, it could still be full of sugar no matter what the label reads, and this could cause the infestation to grow worse.

I was taking two spoons of coconut oil almost all the time and alternated with it either oil of oregano, two fresh garlics a day and or some grapeseed extract.

There’s no need to alternate the coconut oil, but alternating the oil of oregano and garlic is fine. Did you mean to type grapeseed extract? Are you taking grapeseed extract or grapefruit seed extract? Grapefruit seed extra is many, many times stronger than the grapeseed.
    Just let us know if you have other questions.

Able

Loren

Thank you very much to all of you. I think my problem started years ago with gastrointestinal problems. And I have to say that I do have made mistakes on the diet, unknowingly. The first week after the detox i ate tomatoes and a comertail yogurt that ended up having an ingredient that wasn’t allowed. I’ve been eating brown rice ever after the detox, but I was skinny already before the diet, now I’m too skinny, how can I replace the carbs on the brown rice. Or what can I do no to get to the point of bare bone if I stop brown rice? One more question, I’m taking Milk Thistle, 3 capsules as directed on the bottle. At wholefoods they told me it was as good as Molybdenum. Is this right..? Thanks again.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hi Lauren,

Did you try to make a coconut bread? It’s quite delicious and it stopped the weight loss for me. I do think that it’s allowed even in the first phase if there is a problem with weight loss, someone please correct me if I’m wrong. I do think that you need to limit the coconut bread to 3 slices per day (I’ve read it somewhere on this forum) but even this much helped stop my weight loss. OK, I admit it, sometimes I have a fourth slice on days I’m too hungry or on the go or if after baking it, it just smells to good not to steal a piece hahahah. But if I’m going to cheat, I better cheat with coconut bread than non-approved item 🙂

Eggs/sardines should give you enough protein and probably prevent some of the weight loss and provide energy (once your body gets used to use protein and forget about easy carbs). Also, coconut oil gives you extra calories so when you start to increase the daily dose it should help as well.

Here is the recipe link for the coconut bread, it’s so easy to make you should definitely try it:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst746_Coconut-Flour-Bread.aspx

I started playing with it a little (if you are at the beginning of the treatment tread carefully here – I don’t have sensitivity to any of these items), so I add some oat bran, ground flax seed and sunflower seeds in the bread just to make it even tastier and more filling.

I don’t think Milk Thistle is the same as Molybdenum, Able explained it somewhere, but I will let someone more knowledgeable respond to that anyway.

Hope this helps!

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Check out my teff bread recipe under the coconut bread post. I second what able has said and eliminate the rice and nuts. I would only want to add that buckwheat is a great replacement/alternative to rice.

I would also consider trying out some oat bran. Theres plenty to eat, you just have to discover it.

-raster

Loren

Thanks everybody for all the help and support, you guys are great. I’m definately stoping brown rice and walnuts. And I baked my first coconut bread today. It’s very good. Quick question, it’s buckwheat naturally gluten free?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Loren wrote: Thanks everybody for all the help and support, you guys are great. I’m definately stoping brown rice and walnuts. And I baked my first coconut bread today. It’s very good. Quick question, it’s buckwheat naturally gluten free?

Yes, Loren.
    Buckwheat isn’t a grain but rather a plant seed which does not feed the Candida but contains high quality fiber which acts as a prebiotic.

Able

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Desperately need help’ is closed to new replies.