Dental issues…Vitamin C??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Dental issues…Vitamin C??

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  many sparrows 6 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

I have been taking Vitamin C from about six months now. As soon as the rains set in, and the seepage in my house increased I gradually started increasing its dosage from 1000 mg morning and evening to 1000 mg thrice and then four times a day to keep sinus infections in control. And it really worked! After two years I have had very little sinus issues during monsoons here.

Last month I noticed many of my teeth turning brown, all of them together. I have been oil pulling twice a day, maintain good dental hygiene, use peppermint oil mouthwash, so I was really shocked!

The dentist told me it was enamel erosion due to high dosage of Vitamin C, and teeth staining.

Since then I have reduced the dosage of Vitamin C to again morning and evening 1000 mg, but the sinus infections have been bothering me again.

One noteworthy thing is that I was oil pulling with the only coconut oil brand available in my city, which said “pure edible coconut oil”. And then rinsing the mouth with warm salt water.

Can this be the cause of my dental problem? Or was it Vitamin C? Or something else?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would look into minerals as the cause; one thing our body does when it fights an infection is that it uses the bodies reserves such as fat, skin, hair, bones, etc. Magnesium chloride is a great supplement I use that purifies the blood, destroys uric acid deposits, and it kills all of the plaque within your blood. It also is great for promoting digestion.

Minerals strengthen teeth and bones within the body and if we have candida, we are likely deficient in many trace minerals. You can supplement yourself with calcium, magnesium, zinc, iodine, selenium, and many others and this should bring better dental health.

Also, fluoride in my opinion is a detriment to oral and general health and should not be consumed whatsoever. Dental fluorosis can occur if you consume too much. I would try a fluoride free toothpaste if you have not done so already.

-raster

healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

Thank you Raster. I have started with minerals. I just hope things will improve.

I should have mentioned before that while taking high dosage of Vitamin C I started having major acid re-flux and that was one big reason my dentist concluded it was due to Vitamin C. What do you feel?

I have not yet explored fluoride free paste. But I did ask my dentist about using Baking soda (after reading in the forum about it) but he says that would be harmful to my teeth as well since I do not know the precise quantity to be used. So, I am a little apprehensive about it.

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

Interested to hear what turned out to be the cause. Able has said that it is almost impossible to have HIGH stomach acid with a candida infestation, and such a diagnosis is usually mistaken for LOW stomach acid, so the most intuitive guess is that Vitamin C would HELP the acid damage, but I suppose C would be a different type of acid.

Also, were you using buffered Vitamin C, or unbuffered?

many sparrows
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 42

My doctor prescribed high dose vitamin C to make my stomach more acid but I too have had to stop the pure powdered ascorbic acid(which I’ve been taking btw for probably 4 years without a problem) as it is definitely now affecting my teeth very badly. However, I suspect as Raster said that this may be primarily caused by a mineral deficiency, and that the ascorbic acid is affecting my tooth enamel because the enamel is already compromised. The problem with taking lots of supplements is that too much of one can sometimes block another one, and I’m not enough of an expert to know exactly whats going on with my teeth. I am taking lots of magnesium in lots of different ways(spray ,for example) and as I write I have some vague recollection that magnesium levels can affect calcium levels. I may be misremembering, I will go and find out.

many sparrows
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 42

I got it wrong way round: magnesium is needed for calcium to be absorbed. So no clearer regarding our teeth, sorry.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dental issues…Vitamin C??’ is closed to new replies.