Dehydration

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Dehydration

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I’ve been taking between 3 and 4 quarts of water/lemon water/tea daily (and this is not counting having clear soups for lunch and/or dinner), but I am constantly feeling dehydrated. Sometimes my mouth is completely dry and it feels that whatever I drink just comes out through urine. There are days where I do have some saliva produced in my mouth but still my mouth feels dry and I am constantly thirsty. Also, weight wise I look worse because I have a feeling there is no water within my body, or not as much as it should be.

I wanted to cross check if anyone else experiences this or is it just me? If you had it, did you get rid of it and did it go away with getting candida under control or did you do something else to get rid of it.

I tried to drink slow, fast, I’m taking cal/mag/zinc etc. I did notice it getting somewhat better after having kefir. Perhaps I am missing potassium? But shouldn’t 500-750ml of kefir replenish it? Or maybe one of the other supplements are getting in the way of getting some minerals from the food?

I was dehydrated before the treatment because I had diarrhea for 4 months. Now I don’t have diarrhea although my BM is not really formed well at times. Anyone knows why is all this water leaving my body? Are any of the supplements acting as diuretics to help toxins leave our body? I know nettle tea is diuretic so I am careful and have one to two cups per day no more.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Arijana

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

orka1998 wrote: I’ve been taking between 3 and 4 quarts of water/lemon water/tea daily (and this is not counting having clear soups for lunch and/or dinner), but I am constantly feeling dehydrated. Sometimes my mouth is completely dry and it feels that whatever I drink just comes out through urine. There are days where I do have some saliva produced in my mouth but still my mouth feels dry and I am constantly thirsty. Also, weight wise I look worse because I have a feeling there is no water within my body, or not as much as it should be.

I wanted to cross check if anyone else experiences this or is it just me? If you had it, did you get rid of it and did it go away with getting candida under control or did you do something else to get rid of it.

I tried to drink slow, fast, I’m taking cal/mag/zinc etc. I did notice it getting somewhat better after having kefir. Perhaps I am missing potassium? But shouldn’t 500-750ml of kefir replenish it? Or maybe one of the other supplements are getting in the way of getting some minerals from the food?

I was dehydrated before the treatment because I had diarrhea for 4 months. Now I don’t have diarrhea although my BM is not really formed well at times. Anyone knows why is all this water leaving my body? Are any of the supplements acting as diuretics to help toxins leave our body? I know nettle tea is diuretic so I am careful and have one to two cups per day no more.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Arijana

When do you get this? I feel so dehydrated upon waking up….

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I have been constantly dehydrated on the diet and even 11 months later, I am still constantly dehydrated. Its one of those symptoms of having a candida infestation.

I also take sleeping medication which makes me dehydrated as well.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant

sammcl wrote: When do you get this? I feel so dehydrated upon waking up….

Hi Sam,

Same here, but sometimes it sticks with me during the day, but sometimes it goes away. Mostly it lifts by the evening or it gets better. Come to think of it, it seems that it stays on my “not so great days” so perhaps it was still a bit of die-off. Like right now I don’t feel dehydrated, but did so this morning when I got up and felt like chugging down a gallon of water, which I didn’t of course, but wished I could have hahahaha…

Do you ever feel dehydrated during the day as well or just in the morning? What about when you have die-off?

Arijana

orka1998
    Participant

raster wrote: I have been constantly dehydrated on the diet and even 11 months later, I am still constantly dehydrated. Its one of those symptoms of having a candida infestation.

I also take sleeping medication which makes me dehydrated as well.

-raster

Hi Raster,

So you never managed to get rid of it. I thought you got your candida under control and now just worry about leaky gut? Does it ever get better for you or it is persistently there?

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its been getting better for me but its a pretty strong symptom that hasn’t really changed much over time. I smoke, take sleeping meds, and drink a bunch of teas which make it worse…but it’d likely still persist without these. I drink so much water that it causes night-time urination problems for me (causes me to wake up) and I’ve learned not to drink water later at night. I had some testing done and learned that my liver is slightly damaged so I’ve been healing that which has improved my symptoms. Taking “super milk thistle” and liverplex.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant

raster wrote: Its been getting better for me but its a pretty strong symptom that hasn’t really changed much over time. I smoke, take sleeping meds, and drink a bunch of teas which make it worse…but it’d likely still persist without these. I drink so much water that it causes night-time urination problems for me (causes me to wake up) and I’ve learned not to drink water later at night. I had some testing done and learned that my liver is slightly damaged so I’ve been healing that which has improved my symptoms. Taking “super milk thistle” and liverplex.

-raster

This is why I was wondering if some of the things are causing this or not. Oh well, perhaps it’s one of the few last symptoms I must get rid of yet 🙂

Take care Raster and thanks for replying!

Arijana

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I get this too, & my NHS tests have always shown a slight concern with kidney due to slight dehydration in test.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I get it on waking if I take a strong probiotic before bed. It seems to be part of die-off for me. You could also check to see if any of the supplements you’re taking have diuretic effects that create a need to replace water lost through increased urination (like vitamin C or coffee), or stool bulking effects that draw water from the colon (like psyllium, flax, slippery elm etc).

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

orka1998 wrote: I’ve been taking between 3 and 4 quarts of water/lemon water/tea daily (and this is not counting having clear soups for lunch and/or dinner), but I am constantly feeling dehydrated.

One reason for being or feeling dehydrated during the infestation is; if Candida has infested the stomach it prevents your food from being completely absorbed, this can potentially cause mild to strong symptoms of dehydration, so of course curing the infestation will normally get rid of the feeling.

Raster once wrote a post called Chew Your Food Longer which is a good idea every time you eat; in fact, going beyond simply chewing thoroughly is also a good habit to adopt on a daily basis.

Able

orka1998
    Participant

Able900 wrote:

I’ve been taking between 3 and 4 quarts of water/lemon water/tea daily (and this is not counting having clear soups for lunch and/or dinner), but I am constantly feeling dehydrated.

One reason for being or feeling dehydrated during the infestation is; if Candida has infested the stomach it prevents your food from being completely absorbed, this can potentially cause mild to strong symptoms of dehydration, so of course curing the infestation will normally get rid of the feeling.

Raster once wrote a post called Chew Your Food Longer which is a good idea every time you eat; in fact, going beyond simply chewing thoroughly is also a good habit to adopt on a daily basis.

Able

Thanks Able! That gives me hope 🙂 I know I am not cured yet, but since my other bad symptoms are gone the dehydration and the ear noise came to light. I am being spoiled by feeling better hahahaha…

I am trying to chew my food and am only halfway successful. It’s not the laziness on my part, but the time. The meal at work often is eaten fast due to not having time, and then depending on how the day goes with kids once I’m home I either chew or swallow 🙂 The only two meals that I can guarantee to eat slowly and chew is the early morning meal and late night meal after I put kids to bed and have time for myself.

Arijana

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

orka1998 wrote:

When do you get this? I feel so dehydrated upon waking up….

Hi Sam,

Same here, but sometimes it sticks with me during the day, but sometimes it goes away. Mostly it lifts by the evening or it gets better. Come to think of it, it seems that it stays on my “not so great days” so perhaps it was still a bit of die-off. Like right now I don’t feel dehydrated, but did so this morning when I got up and felt like chugging down a gallon of water, which I didn’t of course, but wished I could have hahahaha…

Do you ever feel dehydrated during the day as well or just in the morning? What about when you have die-off?

Arijana

Hi Arijana

It’s only really last thing at night and early in the morning when I wake up, it’s so annoying because I know I drink enough!!

Well I’m annoyed at all symptoms to be honest lol, I would quite happily drop the brain fog instead of dehydration!!

Cheers, Sam

orka1998
    Participant

sammcl wrote: Hi Arijana

It’s only really last thing at night and early in the morning when I wake up, it’s so annoying because I know I drink enough!!

Well I’m annoyed at all symptoms to be honest lol, I would quite happily drop the brain fog instead of dehydration!!

Cheers, Sam

Hi Sam,

I am wishing your brain fog away 🙂 I hope you drop that one first. My dizziness went first so I am happy about it.

And same here, it gets little frustrating as you know you are taking enough liquids but it seems not to matter!

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dehydration’ is closed to new replies.