Deep breathing helps remove toxins quicker.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Deep breathing helps remove toxins quicker.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Tylar 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

Read this online. Anyone with input on this?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Not sure, but meditation helps reduce stress. Worth a try.

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

Yeah I have been doing yoga nidra lately to keep stress down. Seems to work.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Deep breathing is a form of overbreathing and won’t help you at all. Oxygen requires a certain amount of carbon dioxide to be utilised, and breathing too much ironically leads to oxygen deficiency. Relatively short inhalations with extended exhalations will produce the effects you’re after.

Proper breathing massages your organs and aids the muscular contractions of your gut (peristalsis). It also improves circulation, including that of the lymph system, which is probably where the detox aspect comes in. Longer exhalations will activate your parasympathetic nervous system (responsible for “rest and digest” functions), which will help you overcome stress.

If nothing else, you really need to learn to breath through your nose. Mouth breathing leads to air being swallowed, which can lead to bloating in the intestines. It’s hard to control the rhythm through your mouth too, especially while sleeping. I found the Butekyo Method easy to follow, but I never managed to do it while sleeping until starting the diet, when my sinuses cleared up. Try reading this and this.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Well, I read that oxygen helps rid of toxins and with deep breath you get more oxygen so it makes sens to me.

Arijana

sp1543
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 57

Looks like science took a vacation in this thread.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Kyle wrote: Looks like science took a vacation in this thread.

Hahahaha, especially in my response 🙂 Good thing about the whole candida situation is that I can blame brain fog and not my blonde hair 😉

Tylar
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 6

William, what you read does make sense. Our lungs are one of the major organs used to eliminate toxins – up to 75%, according to Ann Boroch in “The Candida Cure.” Deep breathing also oxygenates the blood and releases carbon dioxide, which is nicely alkalizing and something most people need badly.

Ann recommends doing this exercise for two minutes, four times a day: Inhale for seven counts, hold seven counts, exhale seven counts. Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth.

By the way, this is also very de-stressing – something else that’s good to help fight candida overgrowth.

I’ve never heard that deep breathing is anything but highly beneficial – unless following a chemical truck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Deep breathing helps remove toxins quicker.’ is closed to new replies.