Dealing with bladder infections, UTIs while starting the strict diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Dealing with bladder infections, UTIs while starting the strict diet

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Atela 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #103698

    Atela
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 32

    While attempting the cleanse diet, another bladder infection developed. Probiotics had no effect, hence a visit to the urologist to acquire an antibiotic session. A simple urine test revealed the presence of bacteria, so bactrim was ordered. Once again, I’m dealing with the evil side effects of the antibiotics. I am at the point of thinking that my immune system is at an all-time low.

    I have found some relief in a product called U.T. Vibrance (D-Mannose and Botanicals), that my naturopath recommended. However, I have noticed that some of the botanicals like goldenseal and bearberry contain berberine. Berberine is known to kill off the good bacteria, so I now have a bone to pick with my naturopath! He had me on the U.T. Vibrance a couple of months ago. I’m not sure that my probiotics were strong enough to work against the berberine. I’d like to continue using this product, as it purges e-coli from the bladder, instead of resorting to any more antibiotics. Does anyone know if increasing the dosage of probiotics would protect the good bacteria count from the berberine? Or should I look into acquiring straight D-mannose? Also, D-mannose is considered a sugar. Does anyone know if the sugar content is the type to be concerned with when fighting candida?

    ALSO, what is the best approach to rebuilding the immune system while dealing with a bladder infection? I’ve been easing my way into the strict diet, and doing fairly well. Have overcome my sweet cravings. Is that a sign that the candida is dying off? I didn’t start taking any of the suggested supplements other than the molybdenum and some dandelion tea, and never reached the full dosage of the molybdenum, when I was hit with the bladder infection. I decided to start on the supplements today, in order to get my immune system back on track before doing a serious cleanse. I just get totally confused as to the timing of anti-fungals, anti-bacterials, supplements and all of the rest of the pills. Never in my life have I ever taken this many pills! It’s over whelming, and I think I need assistance, or a coach to help me customize an approach in battling the infection while attempting to battle the candida. It’s probably right in front of my nose, but I don’t seem to be getting it right!

    #103712

    Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

    Atela;42201 wrote: While attempting the cleanse diet, another bladder infection developed. Probiotics had no effect, hence a visit to the urologist to acquire an antibiotic session.

    Hello, Atela.
    The bladder is part of the urinary tract system, and treating any type of UTI is going to basically be the same.

    Be sure to read the post concerning the immune system and how to rebuild it as well as the adrenals. Candida and the Immune System

    At the same time that you’re working on your immune system and adrenals, you can try to improve the bladder infection by following the strict diet if you have it. You need lots of nutrients right now which the strict diet supplies since it is designed to rebuild the immune system.

    Berberine is known to kill off the good bacteria, so I now have a bone to pick with my naturopath!

    We could no doubt fill a library with the information that naturopathic doctors and medical doctors are unaware of when it comes to treating a Candida albicans human infestation.

    Does anyone know if increasing the dosage of probiotics would protect the good bacteria count from the berberine?

    There is no way of really knowing this without knowing how much of the flora is left in a particular person’s intestines as well as how long a period and how much of the berberine would need to be taken. But there’s another problem with using berberine other than destroying the flora; that’s the fact that berberine depletes potassium from the body and damages the intestinal wall lining.

    Also, D-mannose is considered a sugar. Does anyone know if the sugar content is the type to be concerned with when fighting candida?

    The manufacturers of D-mannose claim that it does not feed Candida, but they also add that it is not a treatment for a Candida infestation. I honestly don’t know if it would have an affect or not.
    I would first try rebuilding the immune system and adrenals which will help the infection, and at the same time use the instructions below for treating the bladder infection. If there is no noticeable difference in three to four days, I would take another look at D-mannose.

    Take a teaspoon of Bragg’s apple cider vinegar in water three times a day, morning, noon and evening. Bragg’s can be found in most health food stores. I would continue to take a good, high-count probiotic as well. Be sure to take the ACV and probiotics at least 2 to 3 hours apart.

    Avoid any antifungals for at least the next two weeks while you’re focusing on reestablishing the beneficial bacteria.

    Of course, you already know that you should be drinking even more water than normal if you have a bladder infection.

    Very high doses of vitamin C are needed for any type of infection and this is especially true of a UTI such as a bladder infection. I would start with 4000 total mg of vitamin C today, and raise the amount to about 8000 mg tomorrow and for the next several days. Take 1000 mg and wait at least one hour before the next dose.

    Approximately 80% of UTI’s are caused by the E. coli bacteria. Coconut oil is literally an E. coli destroyer and contains about the same strength as some antibiotics do against E. coli without the negative effects. In fact, coconut oil will benefit the environment of the flora instead of endangering its existence.

    How much coconut oil are you taking right now?

    Able

    #103797

    Atela
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 32

    Thank you for all of your assistance, Able.

    Able900;42215 wrote:
    At the same time that you’re working on your immune system and adrenals, you can try to improve the bladder infection by following the strict diet if you have it. You need lots of nutrients right now which the strict diet supplies since it is designed to rebuild the immune system.

    I’m doing this. Today is my first experience with juicing. I processed kale, asparagus, zucchini, bok choy, onion, garlic, broccoflower, chia, ice and water. It needed something to make it palatable, but I managed to get it down. I was hoping to feel like Popeye!

    Able900;42215 wrote:
    I would first try rebuilding the immune system and adrenals which will help the infection, and at the same time use the instructions below for treating the bladder infection. If there is no noticeable difference in three to four days, I would take another look at D-mannose.

    Take a teaspoon of Bragg’s apple cider vinegar in water three times a day, morning, noon and evening. Bragg’s can be found in most health food stores.

    Yesterday, I spent 10 hours away from home. Got hungry, and decided to stop at Pollo Tropical for a chicken Tropi-chop. Great tasting! Included black beans, brown rice, diced red peppers, onions, corn, chicken and a piece of plantain. There might have been some tomato diced up in there. They also have a wonderful tasting garlic sauce, and a mustard curry sauce as well. I put a few spoonfuls on top. I accidentally hit the lemonade button when I was getting water. Took a sip, and immediately tasted the sweetness of the sugar. Pitched the drink once I had ingested a swallow. At bedtime, my bladder began hurting and the frequent urgency began. Obviously, something in the meal was illegal! By around 2 am, I couldn’t take it anymore. I did add Bragg’s ACV to my arsenal, so I took your advice and made me a vinegar cocktail. Within an hour, the pain and frequency subsided. [h]How many days do you suggest taking the vinegar cocktail?[/h]

    Able900;42215 wrote: Avoid any anti-fungals for at least the next two weeks while you’re focusing on reestablishing the beneficial bacteria.

    I’m trying to compile a list of anti-fungals. Garlic has been one of my daily intake items. Might be a bit difficult to omit this one! Here is a list so far. [h]Am I missing any other anti-fungals?[/h]
    Aloe Vera
    Black Walnut
    Caprylic Acid
    Cloves
    Garlic
    Goldenseal
    Grapefruit Seed
    Olive Leaf Extract
    Oregano Oil
    Oregon Grape
    Pantethine
    Pau d’Arco
    Coconut oil
    Brussels sprouts

    Able900;42215 wrote: Very high doses of vitamin C are needed for any type of infection and this is especially true of a UTI such as a bladder infection. I would start with 4000 total mg of vitamin C today, and raise the amount to about 8000 mg tomorrow and for the next several days. Take 1000 mg and wait at least one hour before the next dose.

    8000 mgs seems a bit high. I weigh a whopping 99 pounds now, where I once teetered around 125 lbs. [h]Does weight have any bearing on the dosage amount?[/h]

    Able900;42215 wrote: Approximately 80% of UTI’s are caused by the E. coli bacteria. Coconut oil is literally an E. coli destroyer and contains about the same strength as some antibiotics do against E. coli without the negative effects. In fact, coconut oil will benefit the environment of the flora instead of endangering its existence.

    How much coconut oil are you taking right now?

    I’m not taking any coconut oil at the moment, because I was under the impression that it is an anti-fungal.

    Able900;42215 wrote: Avoid any anti-fungals for at least the next two weeks while you’re focusing on reestablishing the beneficial bacteria.

    [h] Or are you suggesting that there is an exception to this rule in regards to coconut oil? Shouldn’t I be taking the molybdenum? And if so, should I be taking coconut oil and oil of oregano while taking the molybdenum? [/h]

    Able900;42215 wrote: NOTE: It’s of ultimate importance that you Do Not start any of these antifungal supplements “before” you’ve been taking Molybdenum for three whole days. You should start Molybdenum before starting the detox or the diet, but absolutely before any antifungals are taken. Start with one pill in a 250 mcg dose, the next day add a second pill and the third day add the third pill. The next day you can start your first antifungal. Saunas, a soak in a hot tub of water, and high doses of vitamin C will also help the die-off. Remember, your goal is to avoid die-off toxins as much as possible.

    [h]Little bit of confusion going on in my head.[/h] Must be the brain fog again!

    In my effort to get a bit of organization established, I’ve come up with this method. Very high-tech! < Click on the image to enlarge.
    [h]Besides the Swedish bitters and ACV, can you tell me what I might be missing?[/h] My tags in my tray may be too difficult to read. If so, they are; Milk Thistle, Vitamin C, LIV Combo (milk thistle & turmeric), Selenium & Vitamin E, U.T. Vibrance, Cranberry, Oregano Oil, Power Mushrooms, Biotin,Vitamin A & D, Cal Mag Zinc & Vitamin D, Pau D’ Arco, Ginseng, Niacin, Iodine, Molybdenum and Probiotic. [h]I’d also like to know if any of the supplements should be taken at a particular time. i.e., calcium should be taken after all the others, because it restricts absorption. Any other special notes?[/h]

    #103800

    alexalgebra
    Member
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

    Hey Atela – that stuff you had at the Mexican place is FULL of candida food – no wonder you had a reaction! 🙁

    It’s very difficult to eat out anywhere, especially at the beginning of the diet. Those sauces probably had hidden sugars in them, plus the corn, rice, tomatoes, red peppers, and plantain are all sugary.

    I’m not a doctor and I don’t get UTIs, but if I were you, I would concentrate on eating mostly green veggies through the healing process, and other foods from the strict diet only. Otherwise, it’s just going to keep flaring up as you feed the candida.

    When I know I’m going to be out for many hours, I pack a giant tote bag full of food and snacks so that I don’t get hungry or tempted to eat out. I usually pack some leftover soup, homemade granola or bread, radishes, a green juice, plain greek yogurt and cinnamon to sprinkle in, avocados, or some combination of those things. It’s kind of a pain; I have to wake up about 30 min earlier than I used to, but it’s worth it so that I don’t end up in pain!!

    #103805

    Atela
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 32

    alexalgebra;42303 wrote: Hey Atela – that stuff you had at the Mexican place is FULL of candida food – no wonder you had a reaction! 🙁

    It’s very difficult to eat out anywhere, especially at the beginning of the diet. Those sauces probably had hidden sugars in them, plus the corn, rice, tomatoes, red peppers, and plantain are all sugary. Beans are also not on the strict diet. Have you gotten a copy of it from Able yet?

    Definitely a learning experience, Alex! I do have the link to the strict diet. I just caved 🙁 Thank you for the tips!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dealing with bladder infections, UTIs while starting the strict diet’ is closed to new replies.