DDS-1, found easier/cheaper way to get

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions DDS-1, found easier/cheaper way to get

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

I had been buying the pricey Megafood Megaflora probiotic per Able’s statement that acidophillus DDS-1 specifically targets candida. I just found out you can buy Acidophillus DDS-1 by itself – UAS Labs has it in a 5 billion count pill. this way, i was able to purchase other brands of probiotic and still get DDS-1 – so that i get a mixture of strains. anyone else try this brand? i purchased it from iherb. if you go there, type DDS-1 in the search – careful, one of them has rice maltodextrin.

you can get $5.00 off your order by using code”MEK335″ at checkout, if you’re a new customer. disclaimer – i get points if you use that code. not sure what i get with those points??

Mike

mygutleaks
    Participant

scratch that, they both have rice maltodextrin.. and one has FOS. probably not good while on the diet. i wasn’t paying attn as I gave up the diet after a month, i got way too skinny and people thought i was sick. now i’m trying to cure myself with probiotics and Seacure for leaky gut, and just less sugar, not no sugar.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

mygutleaks wrote: scratch that, they both have rice maltodextrin.. and one has FOS. probably not good while on the diet. i wasn’t paying attn as I gave up the diet after a month, i got way too skinny and people thought i was sick. now i’m trying to cure myself with probiotics and Seacure for leaky gut, and just less sugar, not no sugar.

Even if Maltodextrin was not in this it still wouldn’t work. This probiotic contains only ONE strain of bacteria where as other brands contain as many as 14.
    The idea is to obtain as many strains as possible, that’s the reason we add kefir, yogurt, and sauerkraut to the diet, because they contain different strains. It’s very doubtful that just one strain of bacteria would make any difference at all in the infestation.

Able

mygutleaks
    Participant

I take several pills at a time from various brands to get 50, 100, 150, or even 200 billion/day, per my allergist. Before, I was limited to Megafood Megafora Plus as it was the only one I could find with DDS-1. But this way, I can take a different probiotic – maybe a less expensive one, or a megadose brand like VSL3, or the one Raster recommends with human strains, or one with an enteric coating to get it deeper into my gut – and still get my DDS-1. I remember you saying it is important to vary so as to populate the gut with many strains – I can’t eat yogurt or kefir due to a milk allergy, so I thought this was my best shot.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

mygutleaks wrote: I take several pills at a time from various brands to get 50, 100, 150, or even 200 billion/day…

Good idea, Mg.
    That’s why we suggest that everyone change their brand each time they finish off one brand and need to repurchase. And although it really isn’t necessary to take all the different brands at one time, it certainly isn’t going to hurt anything.

Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DDS-1, found easier/cheaper way to get’ is closed to new replies.