Day 5… Is this normal?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Day 5… Is this normal?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

CandidaGirl
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi. I’m in my mid-twenties, and I’ve been battling chronic vaginal yeast infections for the past four years at least. CHRONIC. As in, four times a month. Once I heal one, I get it again. I have built up a tolerance to Diflucan and now need about three pills to cure an infection. I moved to a new state, and I’m currently going to Planned Parenthood, but they will only give me one pill at a time and it does nothing. I can’t go on like this.

I first started researching the Candida Diet last year, but now I am fully ready to take this on. I quit drinking, I quit smoking, and made a grocery list to start the cleanse/detox…

I’m eating lots of avocados, garlic, coconut oil, raw sauerkraut, kim chi, steamed green veggies, raw green veggies, and I bought a juicer so I’m juicing tons of raw green veggies. I am following the allowed foods list to a T. I am also drinking the detox drinks and liver cleanse daily, and drinking sooo much water.

Day 1-3 were fine and I felt the same, but I never had a bowel movement. I was feeling really blocked up, so I took a gentle laxative on the night of day 3. I woke up, Day 4, and had a BM. I then drank my detox drink, and an hour later I ate some Kim Chi and a tablespoon of coconut oil. I started getting the sweats and felt extremely nauseous. I eventually threw up. Ugh.

A friend of mine did the detox once, and she told me she felt like CRAP by day 3 or 4 for only a couple days, then by the end of the cleanse, she felt great. I know it’s different for everybody, and in my research around the forums and website, it seems as if people don’t experience the die-off symptoms until Stage 2, the diet, when probiotics and anti-fungals are introduced. I haven’t felt ANY die-off symptoms yet, so I don’t know if that’s normal or not? The only thing I’ve noticed is I’m pretty sure my yeast infection has gotten a bit worse. I’m assuming throwing up has to do with the laxative rather than a die-off symptom.

Today, I’ve had one detox drink so far, and two avocados sliced up with garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Also one tablespoon of coconut oil. I don’t feel nauseous at all, but my stomach burns. It could be the garlic. Also, no BM.

I read on here that a lot of you skip the detox. I decided not to because I feel like my body could use one anyway. The website says to do it 1-2 weeks before starting the diet, but I guess I’m just going to see how I feel after a week or so. If I continue to feel the same as before, I guess I’ll go another week…

So I guess, what exactly is the point of the cleanse? Isn’t it supposed to help prepare my body to clean out? I honestly feel no changes and I’m not having BMs. I’m just confused because I want to feel like it’s doing something before I move on to Stage 2. I was kind of expecting to feel a tiny boost of energy or something from all the live enzymes I’ve been eating but nope…

__

I will continue to let you guys know how my journey is going as well as ask any questions. SO much helpful information and I’m very thankful for this website, and WOW I hope this helps my chronic/constant yeast infections. ;(

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Hi and welcome.

Yes, it sounds like you are experiencing some die off symptoms. I didn’t read anywhere that you are taking molybdenum. Have you started taking this supplement? It helps with the die off and also keeps the liver from overworking trying to remove the dying candida.

I’d also make time to read the protocol which Able and Raster wrote: https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Bookmark it and read it again and again. It’s a fantastic help.

Keep going though. It’s a long old road

CandidaGirl
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

sammcl wrote: Hi and welcome.

Yes, it sounds like you are experiencing some die off symptoms. I didn’t read anywhere that you are taking molybdenum. Have you started taking this supplement? It helps with the die off and also keeps the liver from overworking trying to remove the dying candida.

I’d also make time to read the protocol which Able and Raster wrote: https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Bookmark it and read it again and again. It’s a fantastic help.

Keep going though. It’s a long old road

I have not started taking Molybdenum yet. I added it to my grocery list, and hopefully I will have it by the end of the day!

And yes, I’ve been reading the entire website that is http://www.thecandidadiet.com and taking notes. Thanks for the response!

laurena
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/ is also the web site I refer to becuase they say you can still eat almonds, walnuts and use plain yogurt/kefir. At least some nuts and daiy are included. Other websites don’t allow these so confused?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

laurena wrote: https://www.thecandidadiet.com/ is also the web site I refer to becuase they say you can still eat almonds, walnuts and use plain yogurt/kefir. At least some nuts and daiy are included. Other websites don’t allow these so confused?

Diets are different on different websites. But if you choose to eat nuts, over time you’ll probably discover that nuts and seeds of any type cause more harm than good. Most of them contain mold and all of them have the potential of producing more mucus which is already a problem for most Candida sufferers.

Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Day 5… Is this normal?’ is closed to new replies.