Day 4 of Cleanse lost 6.3kg or 14 pounds – Is this normal?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Day 4 of Cleanse lost 6.3kg or 14 pounds – Is this normal?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  phil1 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Munch
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

I am a bit concerned about the rapid weight loss on the cleanse. I understand some of it is water weight, but is 14 pounds not a bit much when usual weight loss plans recommend losing about a pound a week. I understand this is not a weight loss diet and I am not using it as such, hence my concerns.

Background:
    I am a overweight male and weighed 113.7kg(250 pounds) on 10 Sept. I started preparing for the cleanse on the 9th by stopping eating reduced carbs and caffeine and eating some healthier foods. This alone was enough to put my body in shock and by on 10th I was already getting headaches. On the 12th cold chills in arms and legs started. On the 14th I officially started the cleanse program option 2. The symptoms already mentioned got worse and I also started with pain in my lower back and kidney areas. Since the 10th I have been losing about 1kg(2 pounds) per day.

My height is 1.8m(6 foot)
    And I currently weigh 107.4(236 pounds) on the 17 Sept

I will also add that on the cleanse I have not been experiencing any hunger symptoms at all. With an exception of a hour before the Broth.

As of the 16th my symptoms have eased off and today there are no more symptoms(headache, chills, back/kidney pain).

I have also not gone to the toilet in days. On the day I started the cleanse I went 3 times and I think once the following day but nothing since.

So my questions are:
    1. Is this sort of rapid weight loss normal on the cleanse and should I stop and continue with step 1
    2. Is experiencing no hunger normal when eating nothing?
    3. How often should once go to the toilet on the cleanse. Does the Psyllium Husks and Bentonite clay ever leave the body?

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

Hi Munch,

I’m not too sure about the clense bits before the diet. Most people just skip it and go for stage 1 diet. All that you have experienced is normal reactions from change of diet etc. As for bowel movements most people experience the same the first week or so, it’s just the body adapting and becomes regular again if it doesn’t then maybe you can take something for it.

Definitely leave the husks alone as the are sharp and can cause internal bleeding on the way through. Not sure about the clay tho as never used it

Benji

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

Oh and the weight loss is normal. Once you start on the diet you can eat coconut flour bread to help keep the calories up

Munch

The husks are in powdered form and labeled as highly soluble fibre.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Munch, and welcome to the forum.

The first thing you should do is stop taking the psyllium husk now. Just as Benji wrote, they’re dangerous and should not be on the site at all. It doesn’t matter that they are in powder form, the powder can contain small shards of the husks which can and has damaged the intestines.

Concerning the site’s suggestions for the stage 1 diet;
    Most of us here do not suggest following the site’s suggestions on the stage 1 diet unless you have a very, very mild case of Candida albicans and providing you’ve had the infestation for only six months or less. Otherwise, following the diet suggestions will only add to the length of time of your treatment.

I absolutely advise against the detox drink suggested by the site because of the psyllium. The bad thing about psyllium is that it’s very hard on the intestines because of the sharpness and hardness of the small shards of husks which can cause lacerations as it passes through the intestines which in turn can cause internal bleeding. In addition, it can also cause heavy bloating in some people. If you’re interested in a safe way to cleanse, read the post titled “Proper & Safe Cleanse” posted today.

With your exceptional weight loss, you should go directly to a Candida diet.

What to eat:

All green vegetables, fresh preferred, frozen if fresh is not available. If you have a juicer, you can juice any of the vegetables and drink as much as you wish, this is very helpful to the diet.

No canned foods at all.

You can eat avocados in a salad or alone as a snack.

Try to make only organic eggs your main source of protein. (Preferably) organic chicken or young fish such as herring (sardines) are alright two or three times a week.

No wheat or gluten products, no dairy at all, of course no sodas (even diet), no tea and try to cut down or out your coffee.

Fresh lemon juice or water should be your choices for liquid, and the more water you drink, the better off you’ll be in the long run.

For constipation use ground flax seeds. You can also purchase a milled flax seed and use this as part of your recipe for coconut bread (found in the “Recipe” section on the forum). This bread can be eaten on stage 1 of the diet and can be a lifesaver as far as hunger is concerned.

No fruit or fruit juices.

Check your toothpaste for sugar alcohols which can feed Candida just the same as regular sugar can. Also, most table salts contain Dextrose which is glucose, which is a sugar capable of feeding the Candida. Himalayan sea salt which is the purest form of salt with many life-sustaining minerals still intact and does not contain added ingredients.

The ingredients in Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste should be alright for Candida sufferers. Amazon carries this brand.

Your questions and answers are below:

1. Is this sort of rapid weight loss normal on the cleanse and should I stop and continue with step 1
    Reply: Only if the person is overweight and is adhering strictly to the cleanse.

2. Is experiencing no hunger normal when eating nothing?
    Reply: The human body is adaptable to anything we do or do not feed it. You’ve simply given your body time to adapt to what you’re ‘not’ eating.

3. How often should once go to the toilet on the cleanse. Does the Psyllium Husks and Bentonite clay ever leave the body?
    Reply: As stated before, stop the cleanse and go directly to the diet suggestion I just gave you. Use the ground and milled flax for constipation. Drink plenty of water.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Good luck, Able

Munch

Thanks for the advise. Will stop the cleanse immediately including the husks.

Munch

BenjiRixon I have a few questions about your suggested diet.
    Regarding coconut bread. Is it not mostly carbs? Meaning it will feed the candida?
    I am now quite uncertain about many of the foods listed as safe for stage 1 of the diet for e.g. tomatoes. Also brown rice. Anyway to be sure? Also no dairy including yogurt?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

The bread has only minimal carbs compared to regular bread. If you have doubts, watch for Candida reactions if you eat it because suggestions/doubt equal reality in many cases.

There are several foods which may be treated as a ‘test food.” A test food should be eaten in a very small amount (perhaps two to three bites) one time. Wait for two full days before eating more of the food and pay attention to any Candida symptoms/reactions. If they appear, don’t try the food again for at least ten days, and then try it again. Tomatoes as well as organic Greek non-sweetened yogurt are the types of food that can be tested after one week on the diet suggested above.
    If you receive no reactions at all, eat the food item twice a week for two weeks, and then you should be able to increase the amount of times it’s eaten.

Able

joy
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 33

Hi Munch,

I did the cleanse for only 5 days. I was very hungry and lost 8 lbs, I am a woman of average height and weight so this was quite a bit for me. I didn’t do the detox drink, but as Able suggested the lemon water.

After the 5 days went into the stage 1 of the diet, and it has been good. Even though I was eating a normal amoutn I didn’t gain the weight back that I lost, which I thought I would, but having the eggs as your protein is a very good idea…I usually have 3 eggs scrambled for breakfast, then I am not hungrey all morning.

Good luck it is really worth it when you begin to see how good you feel!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The candida diet will help your body go back to its “normal/average/safe” body weight whatever this is for your body type. Expect to really shed the pounds, maybe by as much as 1 pound per day.

Consult a naturopathic doctor for best advice and a plan to deal with candida; you could recover in weeks instead of months.

phil1
    Replies: 11

raster wrote: The candida diet will help your body go back to its “normal/average/safe” body weight whatever this is for your body type. Expect to really shed the pounds, maybe by as much as 1 pound per day.

Yea I found this. Lost weight quite fast for 6 weeks but then my body just ‘settled’ at a weight which is in the normal weight range for my height. Was worried about the rapid weight loss (which was noticeable to others) but it stopped after a while.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Day 4 of Cleanse lost 6.3kg or 14 pounds – Is this normal?’ is closed to new replies.